Happy 2016 to all of you. As you might have noticed, the site has not been updated in a little bit. I’m Not Obsessed as at an inflection point where some time if needed. With the way the online entertainment and gossip world has evolved, it’s just very difficult to compete as an independent, family-run site. From buyouts to new media companies to the old school mags beefing up their presence and even non-gossip sites covering the topic now, the numbers just don’t seem to add up, as much as we tried. The economics simply didn’t work anymore.
The site was started back in December, 2005 and it’s been one heck of a run. Because of this site, I was able to stay home with my kids and my husband was able to quit his job in 2008. We launched more sites and more businesses and it’s been a truly wonderful experience. The people that always came to the site appreciated the ‘PG’ rating of the site and the fact that snark and nastiness was not a way of life. To the site’s detriment or benefit, we stuck with that 100% of the way for a decade.
While we are not curing cancer, I am proud that the site ran for as long as it did and the way that it did. It look me a little while to post this because I just couldn’t accept that it was over. I loved working on this site and building it into something. We are keeping the site and the company and the name so, who knows, maybe it will be revived someday. I really would like it to be.
For now, I have to concentrate on my other ventures and I humbly ask that you take a look and visit, too. This is my life and my family’s livelihood so I always try to put out the best product I can.
Please check out the other sites when you get a chance:
- Babyrazzi.com – Celeb news and pics with a focus on baby and relationships, along with product news, reviews, and more
- LadyandtheBlog.com – Women’s lifestyle site that hits fashion, beauty, parenting, life, travel, food, and more
- GuyandtheBlog.com – Bill’s site for men, but interesting for a woman, too, like Lady and the Blog
- AudreyandVera.com – See what I’m up to, along with my partner, and check out new women’s interest content, find out about live events, product releases, and much more
You can also keep up with me and Bill on that lovely social media thing:
I wish you all many, many thanks for all the support through the years…truly.
I also wish you a very happy, healthy and successful 2016 and for many years beyond.
All the best,
This is one celebrity blind item that I really, truly, sincerely hope is NOT true. According to this, whenever this on-again, off-again couple get back together, it’s because she’s doing coke. Get the goss after the break.
Oh boy. It sounds like George Lucas isn’t exactly thrilled with ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens,’ no matter that the film has made over $1 billion in record time. He got honest about why he decided to sell ‘Star Wars’ to Disney and what he thinks of ‘The Force Awakens.’
Taylor Swift “won” Christmas with an adorable selfie where she was dressed as an elf. Now she’s going to “win” New Year’s Eve, too: her video, ‘Out Of The Woods,’ will debut tonight during ABC’s ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,’ hosted by Ryan Seacrest. She teased fans on social media with a hint of what’s to come.
- Kelly Clarkson Unveils New Project: Children’s Book!Kelly Clarkson has been giving fans clues for a few days, alluding to a new project that she was working on and that her daughter River Rose was a big part of it. The singer finally spilled the beans today: she has written a children’s book! Kelly started a few days ago, unveiling clues and […]
- New Mom Candice Accola Steps Out With Baby FlorenceThe Vampire Diaries star Candice Accola-King looks amazing just weeks after giving birth to her first child! The actress took to Instagram to share some fun new photos of her post-baby life with daughter Florence. In the photo above, Candice spends time with her former co-star Kayla Ewell (Vicki Donovan) and friend Amanda Gordon, while […]
- Product Recall: Infants Elf SlippersMore than 4,000 infant elf booties are being recalled by Classic Characters. The pompoms at the tip of the toe can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children. This recall involves Classic Characters’ infant knit Elf Booties sold in sizes 6 through 12 months. Classic Characters has received two reports of the pompoms detaching […]
- Ciara Suing Future For $15 Million Over Disparaging Comments He MadeSinger Ciara and her ex Future are not shining examples of co-parenting amicably. Ciara is now suing Future for fifteen million dollars for slander and libel over comments he has made about her as a mother to their son. TMZ reports that Ciara served Future with papers this week, suing him for attacking her parenting […]
Yesterday was quite a day: comedian Bill Cosby was formally charged with sexual assault in Pennsylvania and released on a $1 million bond. Beverly Johnson, one of the women he’s suing for defamation, responded as well as others in Hollywood.