Demi Moore Officially Becomes Mrs. Kutcher

Demi Moore has officially changed her last name to Kutcher. Although she and husband Ashton Kutcher wed back in 2005, Demi took her time in changing her name, but finally made the decision since this was something Ashton wanted.

Demi will be Mrs. Kutcher on her black American Express card, her passport and other official documents, but the actress will keep her name from her first marriage to Freddie Moore for all her professional endeavours.”

I have to be honest here… I changed my name with City Hall when I got married. But I didn’t update all my credit cards, drivers license, and Social Security card until three years later! I didn’t want to give up my old name. I was holding onto it with dear life. But then, one day I woke up and I just let it go. How many people kept their name after they got married or are at least planning to?

Comments

1. Erin says

i tink shes trying to steal his money i dont like her at all there r tons of pretty girls his AGE tht would care more bout him!!!!!!!

2. cathy says

I changed mine because it was important to my husband. His last name is also way easier to spell, so that is a bonus.

I always thought that I would change my name when I got married, but 2 1/2 years later I still have not. It is a personal choice, and I do not think I ever will. To all the people who say it does not define you, then why change it all?? I do agree that it is a choice and it should not be made by the government.

4. Kristin says

I took about 6 months to change mine. I did keep my maiden name as a second middle name and when I sign anything I right my first, maiden and last name.

This probably sounds corny but I was at the social security office the next morning when they opened and then rushed to the DMV. My name change was official by 10:00am the next day.

Everyone thought I was psycho, which I am sure some people may think that after this post.

XOXO

6. L.mcguckin says

I got married a little ove a year and i was sooooooooooo EXCITEd to be married and have the same name as my husband and baby, i felt so good about it i changed it the first month of being married haha I sometimes miss my last name but im so glad i did i love saying my new married name proudly haha

7. armina_iv says

I was not so happy to change my name. There was alot of history as to how I finally got my sir name so didnt want to give it up. We came to the arrangement that I did change my name but kept my original signature – happy days:)

8. hello says

honestly, i love my last name. its pretty unique. all tho i cant say that i would NEVER change it. maybe to Mrs. Pitt ;)

9. mary says

Since my husband and I have the same birth date except he is 5 years older. I was so excited to change my name. We got married this past January so in January I changed everything over.

10. Suzanne says

I changed it when I married the first time, changed it back after I divorced. I was not planning to change it again when I remarried, but it meant so much to my future in-laws that it would have felt like a slap in the face to his family not to take their name.

Missus Smeeth
    Guess the cocktails are kicking in right??
    Go Isabell or Isaball depending on who you ask right. :-) Ms. Smith look up the meaning of trolling.

12. sandman says

call me crazy but i kept mine.
    but this smells of desperation, why would a professional actress with a brand name, change it?

13. DiamondSal says

She is looking for ways to sneak into his accounts, private business and find out what he is up to.. easiest way.. be the MRS.. of him with same last name.

14. Debbie says

No WAY I would EVER change my name. I knew I had the right one when this topic came up in conversation and he just said, "Why would you want to change your name? We both have great last names". : )

15. theresa says

I still have mine legally, though I do use my married name as an alias when I do things for my kids–

16. Becca says

I hyphenated mine. My hubby likes that I kept mine and added his. Like Debbie said… we both have great last names!

17. LJR says

I agree with Cindi…I had no problem changing my last name when I was married and I was married at 21! I think women make such a huge deal out of changing their last name, drama queens if you ask me. I know a lot of women who are naming their first born son their maiden name…which is ridiculous….if you were so concerned about "giving" up your last name you should not have gotten married….