Angelina Jolie Disturbed About The Media’s Focus On Her Weight

Angelina Jolie admits that she got too thin this year while mourning her mother, but is still disappointed in the media for focusing on her weight.

The thing that’s disturbing is that instead of people saying, “This looks like a person that’s actually dealing with something, probably from emotions,’ they say, “Does she fit into skinny jeans and look thin?’” Jolie said.
“I want people to understand who I am as a person is not somebody that’s trying to look thin, but just trying to work through a very difficult year,” she said.

That kind of loss is something I am not ready to understand. Everyone deals with heartache in different ways. Thankfully for Angelina, she had someone to help her through it. Here she is recalling how wonderful Brad Pitt was during that trying time.

“He is just a great friend and when my mother passed, he was so great,” she said. “He sat with me and held [my mother's] hand. After she passed away he spent the night asking me and my brother about our mother and got us to tell funny stories about her.
“He focused on all the love and joy we were fortunate enough to have had,” Jolie said. “He was extraordinary.”

Comments

1. sammy says

i really respect her,she´s an amazing person.
    and to brad i only have to say………..awwwwww
    that ´s really sweet.

2. yogagirl says

???? this interview is so old, i first read this MONTHS ago. not sure why it is being re-printed now like she just said it???? lame.

3. karla says

just want to say to Amy that i am very sorry for her loss:(
    to the rest,sorry for the offtopic

4. leslee says

17 – Do you know them personally? Were you privvy to their discussions about children?

5. Me too says

When my husband died at 26 I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks and it took me almost a year and a half to gain it back. Deep sorrow can crush you.

6. blady02 says

Sam I am with you she is a low life and a liar and I concur she was not anywhere near her dying mother. I understand that heroin addicts once and always battling the heroin horse and that is more to the point about what ails Ms. Jolie! She is so full of it and if she suffers pain from loss then she needs to know "You reap what you sow!"

Brad sounds like a real gem!*** NOT!!!***
    HE is a back stabbing jerk. What he did to his 1st wife is unforgetable.

8. Katie says

I saw her in an old interview on Letterman a couple weeks ago and she was skinnier then than she is now.

I think some people are just overreacting.

FUCK YOU U ASSHOLE!!!! I HOPE YOUR MOTHER DIES AND MAYBE THEN YOU CAN FEEL HER PAIN!!!!! EVERYBODY MOURNS IN DIFFERENT WAYS YOU SICK PERSON!!! SHE LOST WEIGHT BECAUSE SHE WAS IN PAIN AND SHE HAD NO APPETITE HER MOTHER DIED THE PERSON SHE WAS CLOSEST TO IN THIS EARTH! PROBABLY WHEN YOUR MOTHER DIES YOU WILL BE LAUGHING WITH JOY SEEING THAT YOU HAVE NO FEELINGS AT ALL YOU EVIL JEALOUS PERSON!!!! I HOPE YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKE THESE KIND OF COMMENTS ON A MATTER LIKE THIS BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!! THATS ALL YOU DESERVE NOTHING BETTER!!!!!! I HOPE GOD WILL BRING THAT DAY IN WHICH YOU WILL FEEL THE PAIN ANGELINA HAS FELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Moderated says

Oh gosh, guess she had to say something to get her name out there again. Will she never go away????

11. Amy says

I have lost both a mother and a child. I did lose weight after the death of my daughter, but not my mother.When you are already thin to begin with, losing more weight because of stress is not a good thing, plus stress makes you look terrible anyway. Hopefully she is feeling better.

12. May says

Oh Please, Like Angelina Jolie has to say or do anything to keep her name out there, most saught after celeb. out there right now.