PETA Takes Aim At Aretha Franklin

wenn5088666.jpg

A little rude I’d say. Why did PETA need to bring up Aretha Franklin’s weight when asking her to get rid of her fur coats? I’m not sure it was the best tactic to use. If I got something like this, I would do the complete opposite just to anger the sender. Read what they wrote below.

“Why not shed the old-fashioned look that adds pounds to your frame and detracts from your beautiful voice? Please consider donating your furs to the homeless as “queen of compassion,’ Mariah Carey, did. You’ll get a tax credit for the donation, and we at PETA will all sing your praises.”

WENN

Comments

1. margie says

PETA suggests donating fur to homeless people b/c if the coat is already manufactured, the harm has been done. Fur is the warmest type of coat so homeless people are the ones who actually need and benefit from the warmth the most.
    As for Aretha, if she wants people to regard her as "The Queen", she needs to take care of herself, have a little class, and remind people why she earned that title.
    Fur is disgusting, and it is very disturbing that people find it acceptable to wear skins from an animal that had a terrible life and possibly a worse death. Wearing fur shows a person has little regard for life, other than their own.

2. Suzy says

Um… how does PETA know that it is real?

It could be fake!

My older brother just bought my mom a fur coat. A FAUX one!!

Sometimes I would just like to smack PETA upside their heads. They are too much sometimes. Why not attack the damn stores that sell them to celebrities, and not just to the celebrities. Go to the direct source of the problem.

Damn.

3. Elina says

Dear Aretha, all Alaskan furry animals had to die to make that jacket you are wearing. Please drop your weight, and stop wearing this nonsense….I mean lets start scalping people for hair to see how it feels…..just say no to fur…

4. Elina says

#21, so since you are having problems with coyoties it is ok to kill them to wear. well if you have problems with your neighbors do you have the same mentality? So the whole worls revolves around what is comfy and convenient to you, right?

Fur is absolutely an item that is not needed unless you are back in 15 century in tundra. there are plenty of other things to wear to keep you warm and stylish. I am sorry it is not sexy…kinda like imagine skinning a human and wearing in on your shoulder…is that sexy???

5. Helen says

I usually don’t comment on people weight, but I think she can afford to have a trainer and nutritionist if she wants… forget the look but she should worry about her health.

6. Kathleen says

PETA can shove it! Over here in Italy, all "older" women wear REAL fur. If you have lived awhile, I say you DESERVE it!! Besides, PETA has Pammy Anderson as their "spokesmodel"! UGH :(

Kathleen, “Pammy” is actually a lot smarter than you are! Who are you a spokemodel for? No One!

8. N says

Okay so Aretha is HUGE, and wearing a fur coat looks like she is trying to impersonate a grizzly bear, but PETA should learn that people will be more inclined to do what you ask of them if you are nice to them, nobody wants to be insulted.

9. Em says

I mean SO many poor animals had to die because this coat is so large ,for such a large woman! With a normal size coat many many animkals die but she is much alarger so probably 4 or 5 times the regualr amount had to die! ANIMALS SHOULD NTO BE KILLED FOR THIS UGLY FASHION!!!

10. stable says

she looks like a heard of wild buffalo!! that woman is big!! big bertha!! she eats everythign in her path!!