Gwyneth Paltrow Might Force Herself To Get Pregnant Again

Gwyneth Paltrow sat down with Bazaar Magazine and talked about expanding her family, being thankful for Hollywood welcoming her back and Madonna. Typical topics for Gwyneth. Us Weekly did the recap:

Third time’s a charm?

"I may force myself to do it one more time because the result is so worth it. And also my [late] dad said to me that his only regret in life was that he had only two children and he didn’t have more."

How about adopting?

"I do feel we’re so fortunate, and we kind of owe it to humanity. We have a lot of love to give and a lot of resources.”

Dealing with morning sickness:

“My mother loved each [pregnancy] to bits; she felt alive and beautiful. I wanted to throw up all the time.”

Cutting her Rapunzel-like hair this spring:

“I was very, very attached to my hair. I grew it when I was pregnant. I
still had hair from when my father was alive. I made it like a
talisman. And then I was ready to let go of it, and so I chopped it off
and … aaah!"

Keeping her marriage to Coldplay’s Chris Martin sexy with two kids:

“I think you have to make an effort to compartmentalize a little bit.
When your children are asleep, you have to open another world …
children and being a parent can really drain that side of you. I would
like to say ‘Go away for the weekend.’ But, of course, I’ve done that
like one time on my birthday. But it’s important to carve out some
time; otherwise, you don’t have an inner life. You just give all day,
and then you pass out at night.”

Supporting Barack Obama:

“I don’t feel there’s any lip service with [Obama]. I don’t feel like
he’s one of those jaded politicos who say one thing and are talking out
of both sides of their mouth. I also feel we’ve done such damage to our
reputation – and as someone who lives outside America for half the
year, I overhear things that I wish I didn’t overhear. A lot of people
in the West think that we’re not very sensitive to the rest of the
world, and I think that having a president called Barack Hussein Obama
in 2008 says that we are part of the world, and we don’t want to make
unilateral decisions about the fate of all of us. I just pray to God
that he wins.”

Being BFFs with Madonna:

“She’s so physically beautiful and fit, it’s just crazy. I think part
of the reason she looks so good is that she’s always striving for more
knowledge. She’s a very interested woman.”

Feeling vulnerable about returning to movie-making after a four-year hiatus:

“In this business, they don’t look back, and they’re particularly harsh
to women. I’m not 25; I’m 35. I’m not someone to discover; I’m someone
who people know. I mean, it’s all ego, but you start to feel like, ‘Oh,
no, I worked so hard to get somewhere, and what if I can’t get back
there again?’ But, all the while knowing that, I would never have
traded one second or done anything differently.”

Comments

1. ml44 says

yeah i use to like her but the more she talks the more I’m starting to dislike her. She says things sometimes like she’s trying to sound smart, but she ends up sounding so full of herself.

2. Passerby says

I’m glad Brad didn’t stay or married this boring piece of vanilla c*nt. She is the most condecending, boring,snotty bitch in Hollywood. Brad is a gentleman, he never really let up why he broke off with her.

I like Gwyneth but the thing that really bothers me is the same notion that another reader mentioned. I definitely beleive that having babies should not be a forced thing. It is a blessed thing to have two beautiful children. Maybe she should just focus on the two she has and move on.

4. momster says

Again, she is not forcing herself to have a child – she is talking about being pregnant! Being pregnant sucks for some women! If you read the whole quote, which Vera did not print here, she goes on to say basically that pregnancy sucks but the end result (being the child) is SO worth it! I can sympathize: I would never ever do the pregnancy thing to my body again (4 times is enough!), but maybe one day, I could possibly raise another child (if I make it through the terrible twos in one piece AGAIN!)

5. AnotherDirtyMartini says

I’m not a Gwyneth fan, but the forcing herself comment is in regard to how sick she was during both pregnancies. Not a big deal.

6. Passerby says

She used to drink champagne when she was pregnant with her kids she is a useless bitc*h.And an Obama supporter.Blah.

7. cindy white says

She is dirty. I saw her photo on a dating site —B L A C K SUGARMOMMY–co m, where the rich women seeking love with young handsome guy! And her profile says that she is looking for a sugarbaby, “A handsome collage guy would be the best”.

8. lis says

She’s not the most eloquent of speakers, but she seems really down-to-earth and genuine. That’s admirable.

9. Melanie says

as someone who is currently pregnant and HATING it, I can say that I completely understand what she said about forcing herself to have another one

10. Passerby says

I guess some people just don’t comprehend what they read. She hates being pregnant, not having children.

11. Passerby says

I totally get the “forced” thing! I’m 8 weeks pregnant and can’t get away from the toilet! It’s can be very difficult to be pregnant BUT the end is worth it all! Her comments about her dad are sad. It really seems that he’s on her mind a lot :(

12. JanePitt says

My God! Gwyneth said some things that didn’t make me want to strangle her. I’m quite impressed with her quotes.

13. Ella says

I love Gwyneth. She’s so down to earth and beautiful. The only thing in the article that really piques my interest is when she may “force” herself to have another child.

Shouldn’t having children be something you want to do, rather than feel as if it’s an obligation? If she’s happy with two, then stick with two. =]

14. Ernestine says

I adore her. I mean, she played Sylvia Plath in a movie and married the lead singer of Coldplay. I LOVE her. And Apple and Moses are the most cherubic children alive. She’s so sunny and bbbbeaaautiful. *sigh!*

15. zaoli says

I understand the forced part. She’s not forcing herself to have children, she’s forcing herself to be pregnant, the means to an end. I read it that being pregnant made her miserable but the outcome was so beautiful it’s worth it. I can agree with her there.

This is the best interview I have seen from her, good for her.