Jessica Alba Talks Baby With Fit Pregnancy

Honor is only a few days only and we already know so many things about what she can expect in her new life. Jessica Alba sat down with Fit Pregnancy and talked baby. Here are some things we’ve learned: her stroller of choice is Orbitz, her favorite items are from Petit Bateau and she thinks she’s the perfect age for mommyhood.

On introducing the baby to all her different cultures:

“My grandmother has traditions I will definitely be exposing my kid to. We will be able to expose our kid to so many different things.”

On what kind of mother she will be:

On being a young mother:

“I think I’m the perfect age-young enough to be a young mom but old enough to be prepared and totally ready for it. My parents were 19 when they had me, and that is different from being 27. And I’ve lived many different lives, so I’m excited and happy to be a mom right now.”

Jessica’s Baby Faves
Baby items:

“I love Petit Bateau, they have some really nice baby clothes but my favorite clothing item for the baby is vintage clothing. I went to France to a vintage flea market and they had little outfits that the baby goes home in, made out of this cotton from the late 1800s and it was so beautiful! I am going to have my stylist put little buttons on it because they used to use safety pins back then but it feels so special because it’s not made anymore so it’s very special.”

Stroller

“Orbitz is my favorite. It’s a hybrid stroller that looks like half an egg. You can use it as a car seat and a stroller so you never have to take the baby out of it. Then when the baby gets bigger you can put a toddler size in so it’s really practical. It’s also eco-friendly so that’s another nice thing. I’ve been trying to get a lot of eco-friendly stuff. A lot of companies surprisingly do low VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint on the baby furniture these days and natural dyes too, which is great. I think the only thing that hasn’t been figured out eco-friendly is the playsets and activity centers, because those don’t look very organic!”

Comments

1. Meriem says

If she can afford to fly to France and get whatever she wants, good for her. I don’t see why it bothers you. And yes, lots of women don’t know how to cook, or to sew… That’s not a reason for us to judge them!
    I agree with Ernestine, i think she’ll be a good mom :)

2. Passerby says

Passerby @ 1:38. She may not be able to sew on buttons, but I bet you can’t act and make millions of dollars like she does!

3. Passerby says

she can’t sew on buttons by herself? she actually needs a stylist to sew buttons on for her? oh my…

4. Passerby says

its really sad that people assume women should be jealous of other women just because they are beautiful. some women may be jealous,and those are the women who thinks look are more important than anything. Personally, there are many other things I’d rather be than look beautiful: smart, educted, philnanthropic etc.

5. melissa22 says

I think she sounds extremely uneducated and self righteous when she speaks. Everything she says is annoying, she tries to be clever and sassy but you cant be either one of the two if you dont have a personality.

6. Passerby says

I think she’ll be a great mother. So what if she can’t put the buttons on the clothing herself…how many women can’t sew or cook. Not everyone is perfect and knows how to do everything. And yes she has people that can do things for her but so what not everyone in the world is going to live the exact same lives. Shit happens people give it a rest.

7. Booyah says

Isn’t it funny how your idea of what a good stroller is once you have to push it for a while. I am on my fourth, and I wore out two of the first three, and hated one so much I gave it away. Now, I can push a double uphill, and steer, with one hand, shoot, one finger, with the right stroller. But the first one, all about the cute.

8. xoxoandrea says

she is not exactly a young mother at 27.. that seems like a very normal age to me. It seems Hollywood has older moms which is cool but I think she is at the age that most women do have children, or start having them. :)

9. Passerby says

since when is 27 considered young to have a baby? that’s when most people begin settling down and starting a family. very odd statement IMO. 15, is young to have a child.

10. Ernestine says

You know what? I feel as if this girl is so beautiful that people automatically want to give her a WORLD of shit the minute she opens her mouth. Personally, I’ve found myself agreeing with a LOT of what she says in interviews, and I appreciate this a lot: “I don’t want to be my child’s friend; I want to be a mom. But I do want my child to come to me when they have problems and need to talk, so it’s going to be about treading that line.” I dunno. I think that’s an incredibly mature viewpoint. I like Jessica. I’ll bet we’d hang out if we were in college together or something. :-)

11. Passerby says

Makes sense to me. Good for her. People tend to be very jealous of her, women especially. A gorgeous brown skinned woman who doesn’t eat like a pig and who men lust after, what’s not to hate for the average American??

12. Passerby says

Well, don’t we all have a stylist who can alter and make our baby’s clothes for us? And of course, Ms Alba won’t be the one getting the stains out of the vintage cotton when the baby pukes or its nappy (diaper) leaks!! It makes me laugh when these “celeb” mothers of 5 minutes dish out advice. Firstly they’re paid for it, and secondly, they are able to afford an army of help to cope with the new addition and keep the household running. Most of us do it all ourselves. Maybe that’s why we wouldn’t spend our time worrying about putting a baby in vintage French clothing. Laughable.