Surviving Nicole Richie Was A Struggle For Lionel Richie

We’ve all seen the Simple Life. Nicole Richie definitely has a mischievous side to her…can you imagine what she was like as a child?!? Lionel Richie says that 27 years of Nicole hasn’t been easy.

Forget about surviving 40 years in the music business. Just surviving
27 years of Nicole Richie has been a struggle-and-a-half, I want to
tell you,” Lionel joked. “I stand here as a survivor, I want you to
know, for all the parents out there.”

But, as we’ve all seen, Nicole has changed a lot. With the arrival of little Harlow in the house, everything is different.

“She went from, ‘Dad, I don’t care. Whatever you say.’ to ‘Wash your
hands, dad.’ and ‘Be quiet, dad,’ ” he says. “It’s a whole new sound of
the house.”

Parents of rebellious kids, how do you deal?!? *Fingers crossed that my own two kids won’t put me through you know what when they get into their teens. AHH, I’m nervous just thinking about it!!!

Comments

1. Passerby says

I know , my family knows, both of Nicole’s biological parents. And everything isn’t what is appears.

2. CapturingLife says

The teen years are exhausting. ;) For me, anyway. That’s all I’ll say about that one.

3. Miss_M says

The teenage years are the worst… but at least there is an end in sight, usually after three years they all become human again!

4. Riviera says

I totally agree with Savage and Passerby 10:37. It has a LOT to do with how you are raised. If you lead your kids in the right path and take time to guide them and communicate with them, their chances of rebelling are less likely to happen.

5. Passerby says

She was adopted as an adolescent (9 yrs old). He absolutely did not raise her for 27 years. In fact, Nicole is only 26 years old. But truthfully, even once she was adopted that idiot, Lionel was the worst father. He wasn’t even around to play his part in raising her. By that time, he had moved on with his 2nd wife, Diane Alexander. He had kids with her, and Nicole was just after thought in his mind. He’s a fool. And I don’t buy is good guy image. I just wish one day, someone would tell the real story about Nicole’s adoption. The public would be surprised to find out just how EVIL both Brenda Richie and Lionel Richie are.

6. artgecko says

I *really* hope that my son isn’t anything like I was during my teenage years!! I know that I put my parents through the ringer, and I can only hope that kidlet is much better behaved than I was! :)

7. xy mom says

ummmmm, didn’t she live with her mother growing up?I may be wrong.
    My kids will totally torture me as they get older!

8. Savage says

I’m not yet a parent, and only being 22, I dont plan on being a parent any time soon. But I do have some strong opinions when it comes to parenting. My mom rasied me and my brother in a fairly open house. We had our rules, and we had our guidelines, but she was very much the “If you want to have sex, talk to me first, we’ll get you protected” type of mom. She never told me NO when it came to that type of thing. She told me if I ever felt the urge to try drugs, to come talk to her about it, because she felt that if I was going to do it, I would do it whether she told me no or not, and she wanted to make sure I was safe. Same with alcohol. She knew once we hit 13+ that the pressure would be everywhere. She told us if we ever decided to get drunk, to call her and she’d come pick us up. It was never a big NO in our family, and now I’m 22 years old, I’m a virgin, I’ve never been drunk, and I’ve never touched a drug, or cigarette. There was no desire to go behind my parents backs and get out of control because it was never a no-no in our house. I honestly think that if parents were more forgiving with their children, there isnt as much of a NEED to go crazy. I mean, obviously different situations do occur, but I think an open and honest house hold really does help. And I plan on raising my kids the same way.

9. Ellie says

Thanks for sharing your life story AND future plans… because, you know, we care so much.

10. Passerby says

Strange comment from a father. Does he see himself as having anything to do with her behaviour growing up and into her mid-twenties?

11. Daniee says

Nicole was adopted. Does anyone know if she was adopted as a kid, adolescent or as an infant?

12. Daniee says

Nevermind. Just found out that the Richies became her guardian when she was 3 1/2 and legally adopted her when she was 9.