Lauren Conrad Reads INO

Ok, so here is the deal. I need to get finalization about what I can cover and not cover for the Mark news I learned today. Until I get that email, I am just going to tell you a few high level things.

Most importantly, Lauren Conrad reads INO. I’ve mentioned before how I don’t always believe it when people tell me that they read my site. Most of the time, I’m guessing it’s just the nice thing to say. But I actually believe Lauren. I walked over to her at the end of the event and went to hand her my card. I said, "I write I’m Not Obsessed. It’s a celebrity gossip site that…" and she cut in and said, "I know who you are. I’m on your site, especially the shopping section."

How very exciting! Thank goodness I keep things friendly over here because if I ever ran into someone after bashing them, I wouldn’t be able to deal with it! How do the other sites handle that?! Keeping it clean and PG is thankfully paying off.

Back to Lauren. I then told her that she was a fashion favorite, and how we were doing so many fashion finds on her looks that I actually had to put a stop to the posts on the shopping section. If you read my fashion section, you will remember that we were up to about 4 a week on JUST HER!

I took a ton of pictures, but People Magazine (I believe) has the exclusive. So I can’t post them until after they publish their story out of respect for Kaplow PR. But they are all saved and ready to go.

Really great stuff! Will write more later on in the week. And Nick, couldn’t get the autograph, but don’t think I didn’t try. :)

Comments

1. Old Enough says

Mel,

Before you make a comment about any industry you should work in it first. It’s obvious from your comment that you don’t design fashion anything but very possibly might be one of the individuals that is responsible for sewing the piece work after the designers and seamstress have come up with the patterns that are being mass produced for the market place. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it and not relaying on others to design their clothing for them. Lauren is attending school for fashion design so for her to have a label of her own shouldn’t surprise anyone.

I wish I had Lauren’s luck and skill to be in the right place at the right time to become a success at such an early age.

2. Mel says

Yeah, she may be pretty and all that… but really, honestly what does she do???? she was on a crappy reality show.. oh the talent she must possess… and just because you draw pictures of clothes, and then have low paid people actually make it, and then throw your name on it with a hefty price tag, does not make you a designer…

3. Kyle says

That. is. AWESOME.

LC is gorgeous!

I think it’s freaking sweet that she reads INO, and thank goodness you keep it classy, Vera! It would be so embarrassing to meet a celeb and have them be like, thanks for writing crap about me you biatch! hahahaha, that would NEVER happen to you and INO :)

Don’t sweat the petty stuff and don’t pet the sweaty stuff :)

4. nickj says

Vera, you are the bomb and your website rocks—proud to be onboard since you started…..Lauren is fabulous..wish she would give a non-celeb dude like me a chance!! :)

5. Passerby says

Great. Hope she’s reading this. Lauren, you suck, and should jump off the nearest tall building.

6. Jenn says

Yeah nice one Passerby, how brave to comment anonymously.

I think it’s sweet she reads this site, it’s one of the best!

7. Passerby says

Yes. I’m terrified of you and your Hello, Kitty. And I think you misspelled your name, Jenn. It’s L-A-U-R-E-N.