Daniel Craig Had To Wear Lifts To Film Bond

Why would she say this? Is this embarrassing for a man? Does Daniel Craig mind that Gemma Arterton told the press he wore lifts while shooting for James Bond? I would think that is something he didn’t want to publicize.Height and hair are big issues for men… or so I’m told.

Daniel is 5ft 10in but when you put me in heels, I was taller than him
and it didn’t look good on screen. The whole point of Bond is that he
is masculine and hunky.

"And he has to be taller than his girlfriend. Daniel had to wear
special shoes with a lift in them and stacked heels for a few scenes. He took it very well. He thought it was funny. I teased him about it.
He took it on good humour."

As if this matters, I saw the trailer for the new bond yesterday while at the theatre and can’t wait for it to open.

Photo by WENN

Comments

1. Matt says

Who cares how tall he is? He’s an actor, not a basketball player. He looked fine on screen.

To the idiot who said “short men have a complex,” I certainly disagree. All men are generally the same. You’re just interpreting short men differently because you don’t take them as seriously. I’ve never been in a situation where a short guy acted as though he had a “complex,” and I’ve never encountered a very tall man who had the opposite “complex.” Actually, I’ve noticed men between 5’9” and 6’0” are usually the ones who are most eager to start fights.

2. Jan says

Well SHE’S wearing lifts in a sense with her heels. And since most womans dress shoe’s are 3-4″ it wouldnt take much to be taller then a man.

Its not the 5 10 guys who should have a complex its the guys who are short in the real mens department.

I’m 5’10″ and a quarter…I’m also 39 born in 69…this guy was born in 68…for our age group, we are considered “above average height”…average height for our age group was/is 5’9″. So…if this guy is above 5’10″ he is not short by any means…I still hold my own even with much of the younger men and women for that matter…I do notice there seem to be a lot of amazons out there…both men and women…but in general, I’m still taller than most people…and I like it.

HAHAA :)

We are all perfect the way we are. Stop worrying about s**t. The more people listen to bs like this the more humans in general will start to develop worries and fears about pointless things and forget what really matters.

Who cares. I’m 5’9 and do well very with the ladies. I have a lot of plus points and good things going for me. I think 5’9 is the average height. Couldnt give a f**k if it’s not. I’ve been with ladies taller than me in the past. But tend to go for ladies shorter than me.

I would’nt go out with a 6ft women but thats because they dont turn me on personally, there’s a lot of good looking tall women. I like women around 5’2-5’6 and there’s a lot out there. Not all women are really tall.

But were all different height shapes and sizes and that’s great. There is someone out there for everyone. There is no set “perfect standard”. That idea is a false made up belief system created by modern society. Which to be fair has people worrying about complete b*****ks most of the time instead of focusing on enjoying this short life and been decent to each other.

HAHAA :)

HAHAA :)

HAHAA :)

9. Jake says

I,m 5’10 and 16 stone, solid build. I have a few very tall friends about 6′ 5″ and they all look up to me (figuratively speaking), because of my powerful physique, sense of humour and confident nature. I have a short brother whom I look up to because he is so charismatic and intelligent.

I dont think of muself as small or short. When I walk in to a room I get noticed and feel I have a comanding presence. On the other hand i have tall (lanky) colleagues who I dismiss as being “small”, I think size has something to do with it. Mike tyson is 5.11? I was born in 67 and think 5’10 is average for my age group (43). James bond is 6ft in the Fleming novels, thats 2″ taller than Craig. Does it really matter? this guy exzudes presence and sexuality.

For those that use epithets to describe “short” people, this surely signifies more about them than the object of their ridicule?

Hi there, I discovered your blog by the use of Google at the same time as looking for a similar subject, your website got here up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

• Loves tall girls says

I love tall girls, long toned legs in boots…

However, it’s usually they’re the ones uncomfortable due to years of social conditioning.

Yet, we’re all the same height lying down ;)

• Anonymous says

Never once had a problem with it. I don’t really even notice height. Intelligence, personality, humor, are generally gauges for me. Dated a model and several others that were way taller, and had a great time. Only reason I’m on this page was a “tall” friend suggested Craig was too short for the role, and was somewhat stunned. Really, do you rely that much on your height to “be somebody”? I’m cool with being shorter, but I really never thought about it. I never realized tall guys deemed it so important.

• Lowell Stokes says

11. Sensible says

Can someone PLEASE tell me WHY a man “has to be taller than his girlfriend”? I am so damn sick and tired of seeing First Lady Michelle Obama looking like a washerwoman in flat-heeled shoes when she’s all dressed up and need to be in nice pumps…simply because when she wears high heels, she’s taller than the President. We have the first mixed-race President (NOT “black” — his mother was a white midwesterner!) Now that we’ve gotten rid of that stupidity that only a WHITE MALE can be President, can we pleae throw out the stupidity that say a mn HAS to be taller than his girlfriend or wife, too?

12. Hardy says

Lots of propaganda the world swallows. I notice that a lot if not majority of the top echelon of ‘tough guys’ would be considered ‘short’ … in the 20th century look at Audie Murphy, 115 pounds dripping wet, most decorated WWII hero. The Taliban fears one group of warriors the most: the Gurkas, who are in the 5;6″ range. In fact, the guy who I would consider the real life James Bond is in that range, graduated from special operations in Vietnam (where he hand picked a team that, yes, were just ‘short to average’ in both height and looks), to being ‘the best’ in the modern era. I saw a photo of reunion of medal of honor recipients on an aircraft carrier flight deck, and that crowd were mostly ‘average’ in height, no swelling muscles (btw, the real Bond noted above laffed at over-developed muscle guys, that he wasn’t impressed with them in real encounters). And you will hear stories from flight attendants travelling with a football team, and a big storm hits … and lots of those ‘tough guys’ on the team are cowering in their seats while ‘average guys’ are calm. So ‘tall’ guys or ‘short’ guys, don’t take any size to heart. It really what’s inside that counts, and any person of real class, male or female, lives their life like that and sees people like that.

13. tennischick says

she must not really want a movie career. or maybe the tabloids are messing with us.

14. Passerby says

I think Clive Owen is a better 007 than Craig. At least 007 has talented beautiful girls unlike Batman who got try hard sexy and ugly Gyllenhaal.
    Katie outclasses her in every way.

15. relar says

The two stars were the most talked celebrity couples on the tall dating site ~~Tall meet .c om~~, where they have ever been. It is a dating site where many tall models, tall sportsmen and tall admirers flirting.

16. lis says

I don’t think its a big deal…

But I’m very conscious of my height and almost never wear heels because of it (I’m 5’10″) so I can only imagine being in that position.. after all, Bond’s girlfriend certainly can’t wear flats!

17. Riviera says

Short guys definitely have a height complex. Daniel Craig is 5’10″, so I doubt he has a complex. He’s on the tall side. I think short men are considered 5’9″ and under.

You sound like an idiot, So, you’re saying 1 inch makes the difference between being super insecure about your height and doesn’t care at all?

You sound like an idiot.

19. Feebee says

He’d probably agree that it was better to put him in lifts than make her wear 2 inch heels as yes, as Bond, he’d need to be taller than his girlfriend. Otherwise they’d look like Cruise and Katie… not sexy at all.