Sherri Shepherd Makes Shocking Revelations

The View’s Sherri Shepherd recently sat down and did an interview with a Christian magazine, Precious Times, and revealed a few shocking details about her life before religion.

Before I converted to Christianity, I was a Jehovah’s Witness. In 1993, my mother was dying from diabetic complications. My sister was heavy into drugs, and we would have to go and get her from crack houses.I was in a very physically abusive relationship. I was sleeping with a lot of guys and had more abortions than I would like to count. I had very low self-esteem and just wanted to die. I felt if someone killed me, it wouldn’t even make a difference. But God showed me that it would make a difference.”

Comments

1. Passerby says

This is way worse than Star not owning up to her surgery for weight-loss and getting all those freebies for her wedding. Babs fired her a** for it. Wonder if the View thinks it time for Sheri to go? Hope so, and good riddance!

2. zaoli says

Boy I hope that is a mis quote. Nobody needs to know that much about your personal life, just tell your God and leave the rest of us out of it.

3. Passerby says

i thought jehovas didnt screw around befor marriage let alone have multiple abortions.
    this is just plain stupidity, if u can get pregnant u can catch a disease.

4. sandie says

I don’t know much of her, but that declaration is too much. Who knew she is/was so mess up? Why reveal so much? Next she should reveal her sex video. I wouldn’t be surprised. People judged Star Jones, but this one is worse.

5. Shel says

That’s what I thought. I don’t know why she’d even mention that she was a JW since clearly she wasn’t practicing as one. If she was saved by Christian god, then good for her, but the way she was quoted made it seem like being a JW had something to do with her low self esteem, promiscuity, and subsequent abortions. Kind of offensive to JWs, I would think. She should have just left that part out and praised her “new” god & saviour and left it at that…

at least she is not ashamed of who she is or the things she has been through. abortion is legal and women have been doing them since the beginning of human time…there is no reason to not be honest about it.

7. Passerby says

I wish they would fire Whoopi and Shari from the View. Elisabeth has more class than the both of them put together!

8. Passerby says

I know this is slightly off topic but, she really is not blessed with a good shape is she?! All booby and broad shouldered tapering down to scrawny legs-eek!

9. Passerby says

elisabeth is ridiculous…im glad the view has people from different backgrounds. otherwise the show would be boring.

Good for her for turning her life around, but I dont think that we needed all of the details.

10. Passerby says

JW’s do not agree with anything she did. She obviously didn’t practice the religion!

11. Passerby says

Too Much Information. But since she put it out there (no pun intended) I wonder if all her abortions had anything to do with her son’s health issuus when he was born. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

12. Passerby says

I really used to like her when she was on Raymond, but after her comment to Barbara on the view about the N word being used as a term of endearment amongst african americans, but white’s can’t use it? What does she think racism even means. Now we find out she’s kill a bunch of babies? Good grief. Throw some disinfectant on her.

13. Charity says

Good for Sherri for being so honest!

Wow, I wouldn’t have thought people visiting a gossip site would think celebs are oversharing. Aren’t we all reading this to find out more about their lives?

14. nunya says

i think its truly amazing how sherri is able to share her experiences with others.it shows how strong of a person she really is,it gives people an idea meaning those who are going through the same thing.itll help them know that they can come out of it.thats beautiful

:>

15. nursj says

and you would replace them with who…someone white, and more intelligent and articulate, i suppose…you’re quite transparent. i’m not a fan of sherri at all, i have no problem with whoopi one way or the other. she certainly can hold her own, HOWEVER,if anyone needs to go, it is elizabeth, why doesn’t her whiny ass just tattoo prez. mccain on her forehead so we can stop hearing her rant about how great the republican party is anymore. she is beyond annoying!!!!! and i’d like nothing better than for her to be the latest cast-off from the view!

16. Shawn says

I’ve seen Sherri on TV and SHE said that she stopped attending JW meetings as a child when her father stopped. She never was a Jehovah’s Witness therefore, although her father attended their meetings for a time. That doesn’t make her one. She is a poor spokeperson for them and has misrepresnted their beliefs both times I saw her. I don’t know why she even brings it up because she really knows little about it. In fact whatever religion she would claim to represent does not have a very good spokesperson, since she has a poor grasp of what CHRIST taught. “Out of the heart, the mouth speaks”.

17. ladybug says

Why would anyone admit to having that many abortions? Some things are better left unsaid. On a side note she kind of looks like Mrs. Potato Head.

18. Passerby says

People need boundaries! You don’t have to share everything about yourself to the world. Does she not have any common sense?

19. Passerby says

She does not know the first thing about religion or the bible. All you have to do is listen to her on the View. She WAS NOT a Jehovah’s Witness. Her mom might have been but she was not. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not agree with sex outside of marriage or with abortions- based on the bible. Her life would have turned out much better if she had been a Witness. Her son being a premature baby definitely could stem from her “too many abortions to mention”. That many abortions could have damaged her cervix. The bible says- We reap what we sow-unfortunately her baby could have been born early due to his mother’s studidity.
    She is awful on the View, it is painful to watch. The other hosts chew her up and spit her out. She caves on her views the second they come after her.
    If the JWs stop by Sherri, study with them!!!!! They can teach you what is in the bible and a whole better life!

20. Passin_Thru says

Susan, you are out of your mind??!! It’s amazing how many JW’s don’t know about their own religion. Just listening to the whitewashed bologna that the GB put out there. How can you say JW’s don’t have a human leader?? The governing body are men that don’t even claim to be inspired. Please, please look into the history of your religion. For the record, cult doesn’t have to be small. Dictionary.com definition says…a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc. So it could be 6, it could be 6 million.

Now regarding Sherri…geez, she really needs to quit. Not here to judge, but no Christian has any business being involved in any of those horrible activities. She couldn’t have had any relationship with God. I don’t watch the View, I really don’t care for the show, but she really shared waaaay to much information.

21. Passerby says

Basically, Shepherd is an idiot.
    Jehovah’s Witnesses ARE Christian.
    Christianity= believes in Jesus.

22. Shel says

Wow- quite the revelation. Strange how one god helped her when another couldn’t… although, I thought they were the same god? Whatever it takes I guess. I hope I don’t offend anybody, I just didn’t know there was a huge difference between the Jehova Witnesses’ god and the Christian god. Do they both believe in Jesus and all that?

23. an ex-JW says

Not that I in ANY way condone the teachings of JW’s, but one thing I learned for sure, they DO NOT allow abortions. So maybe you need to do some more research, as does this woman.
    If you are going to proclaim to be or have been a JW, at least get your facts straight.
    This being said, I grew up as one of them, I know all their teachings, and I will for the rest of my life wonder if I grew up in a cult.

24. Jan says

Hmm isnt that something. JW wont take a blood transfusion to save themselves but they dont mind using medical science to have abortions. I agree – people need to learn to STFU and keep some things private. She has to know this is going to totally change peoples perception of her.

Ahem Passerby Jul 23, 2008 @ 11:35 am:

You are as ignorant as Sherri.
    Believing in Jesus Christ = Christian. That simple. ]

Obviously if she was doing one of these things she was not a JW, just because you have a relative that is perhaps a JW, doesn’t make you a JW by association. She is a liar.

I doubt if she was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. She may have been associated with us but not a Witness. This is the conclusion that Witnesses quickly come to when hearing statements like hers.
    And sure, if her father was disfellowshipped, he deserved to be. Those that are disfellowshipped have been so as a last resort. The fact is that they do not want to be helped to continue to live a Christian life, and usually want to do something clearly condemned in the Bible, like over-drinking, use of drugs or having sexual relations outside of marriage, things clearly condemned in any Bible. And yes, apostasy too is condemned in the Bible. As a Witness you can do whatever you like, BUT, if you live a NON-CHRISTIAN life, in what way are you a Christian? You cannot be a Witness and practice sin. The Bible clearly does say to disfellowship unrepentant sinners, even the Catholic church knows that. Catholicism uses the term ‘excommunicate’ instead, which means the same thing, have no communion. Our term means the same, “no fellowship”.
    Some comments noted here about JW are clearly inaccurate. I want to set the record straight. By the way, you can live practically any kind of life, practice any sins and remain in good standing in MOST Religions today. You cannot do this in our Religion. Check the Bible…any Bible – JPR

27. Passerby says

I had an abortion when I was 18 and it certainly didn’t cause any problems down the line. (I have health 7 year old twins now) And I didn’t have any problems getting pregnant or with the pregnancy itself.

So to the poster who wonders if Sherri’s son has problems because she had previous abortions, go brush up on your medical science because you’re a retard.

You can be raised a JW but you dont become one until you are actually baptized. Once you are old enough to make your decision you can do what you want. Bible says you cant serve two masters.. you wanna live a sinful life then go on ahead.. But GOD is a clean one and he cant deal with unclean practices.
    We all sin but not all of us actively Practice it! She is getting her reward in full right now.. so I am happy for her.

29. Liv says

People always amaze me – what they have been through and how they come through it all. That’s a lot to share, I hope the view women stand by her.

30. Passerby says

Oh, the view women will stand by her alright. According to Elisabeth, they all love one another!

31. Passerby says

Sherri is an embarrasment to women….she is pathetic …I cannot stand to watch that ridiculous show……..Sherri makes me cringe…..scary….

32. Passerby says

More abortions than she can count? She sounds so flippant about it. Some people just don’t know when to keep their personal life, well…their personal life.

33. Passerby says

Well well well, all of these comments about Sherri must not have been a jehovahs witness to have done all of these things. How many of you are Catholic, Christian, Presbyterian, Muslim, Jewish, and not sinned or better yet had abortions? Please raise your hands. If you haven’t had any abortions, I am sure you have sinned in other ways. Yes, she shared a lot of information with us, but she just said on the view it was so that she can help other women that have gone through similar experiences. She could have kept it to herself, like the rest of us cowardly do. But instead she is trying to help others to maybe not do the same dumb thing that she did and most importantly let others know that God is a loving and forgiving God.

p.s. There is a BIG difference between Jehovahs witnesses and Christians. Sit and talk with them one day instead of slamming the door in their faces and you will find out. They do not use the King James bible. They have their own bible and have distorted the truth.

34. nursj says

i am a little shocked that she put herself out there like that. she DEFINITELY gives too much info. on her personal life too much of the time. whomever made the comment about her mult. abortions possibly affecting the birth of her son left out that, that also could have been a reason that she required fertility assistance to get pregnant when she was actually ready to me a mom…and though it’s rude, i must say, she is the poster woman for BREAST REDUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Passerby says

1. Jehovah’s Witnesses ARE Christians.
    2. She must never have been a real Jehovah’s Witness if she practiced all these vile things prior to “finding God”.

Why did she feel the need to enlighten us with this gross and sickening information?
    More abortions than she could count?….. What a tramp.

36. Canadian says

Wow, just how bigoted you Americans can be!! Can’t you see this as a way of showing that yes, there are two Americas. A black one and a white one. I’m a white Canadian and I feel sorry that someone has to have this ‘story’ in a country that can spend trillions on a war based on a lie. Wow, just wow. No go forward a grow an unbigoted heart…

37. CapturingLife says

She’s always said that her life is an open book and she doesn’t hold anything back. I’m not sure I needed to know THAT much about her but I commend her for being brutally honest. :)

38. Passerby says

That’s disgusting. I have lost all respect for her. Wait, I never respected her in the first place.

39. Monica says

ahah how come her top half looks 8 sizes too large for her bottom half? Her legs look really really little!!

40. M says

That’s great that her life has turned around b/c of Christianity, but I find it ironic that the pic chosen for this post is Sherri at a Chippendales event…

41. Passerby says

Classy! I wonder what uptight Babs has to say about this. I find it hard to believe Sherri lacked confidence. She seems so full of her big ass.

42. susan says

That last sentence was ridiculous! To the ex-jw. You know full well that they aren’t a cult. I thought you said you know all their teachings. A cult is a small group of people. JW’s are 6 million. People in a cult follow a human leader. JW’s don’t.