Are Audrina Patridge And Lauren Conrad Really Friends?

The LA Times sat down with Audrina Patridge and asked her to define her current friendship with Lauren Conrad, her job title and explain why MTV never shows her standing up for herself. The reality star dished the dirt… although I still don’t have a clear answer on that friendship question. They live together, so they are friends.

Is Lauren your friend?

We live together, so yeah, we see each other a lot while the show is taping. Sometimes I see her when it’s not.

But is she your friend outside of "The Hills"?

We don’t have a lot of the same friends, but we try to reserve one night a week to hang out. In the fourth season, you’ll see our fight gets cleared up. Basically, I just start doing my own thing separately from her and Lo [Lauren Bosworth], and I get busy. But you know, things change and friendships do drift apart sometimes. Lauren and I aren’t not friends, we’re just not as close as we used to be.

What about Lo? Do you blame moving in together with her and Lauren for the rift in your friendship?

I do think living in that separate guest house of mine was definitely the cause of the tension between Lauren and me. We were used to being right next to each other in our apartment. I don’t really blame Lo, she and Lauren have been friends for a long time.

Do you think you’re portrayed accurately on "The Hills"?

Click on the continue reading link below to find out this answer and many more.

I think I’ve been portrayed well on the show. But it’s based on Lauren’s life, so some of the things in my life, like my friends, aren’t on the show: my personal life with my true friends and my family, me going to acting classes, shooting a movie. They filmed a little, but they can’t air everything.

What’s the biggest misconception about you?

I don’t feel like they show me on "The Hills" sticking up for myself. They edit that out. I’m generally happy with how I look when it comes out. In real life, though, I’m bubbly and fun and talkative and when you see me on the show I’m always sitting there and sad. But I’m fine with it because it’s not my show. I’m there because of Lauren.

Do you still work at Epic Records? Are you still looking to pursue a career in the music industry?

I don’t work as much there as I used to. It’s definitely not how it used to be when the series started.

What’s your title there?

You know, I don’t know my title. I help out with anything. I help out with artists every now and then, making sure they’re taken care of. I also do some A&R, listen to demos. But I’m really focusing on acting.

To read the full article where Audrina talks about her upcoming movie role, click here to visit the LA Times.

Comments

1. Stevi Anna says

if is soooo fake, why bother watching it and why even waste your time posting on here? lame! :) i love the hills, i just love lauren. its not really “fake” but its really, really, REALLY edited! :) we know, but it keeps people like me watching and WAITING until the next season!! woo hoo!! that and prison break is coming back with wentworth millers fiiiiiiiiine self! :)

2. Passerby says

Wtf is wrong with her?!? This ceiling eyes thing is so messed up. I don’t get it. How the hell does she walk when she’s constantly staring into the sky. Wtf is she looking at? Why is she even on here?

3. Passerby says

wow…she’s cute…I saw her many fans on ” Tallmeet.c om ” she’s love to hang around there some times ..I saw her profile few moments ago..u should check it out..

4. Passerby says

I have to agree.. It’s all staged & fake. I used to think it was real but watched a bunch of espisiodes back to back last season. It was obviously staged.

I don’t remember the first season being like that tho..

5. candyqueen says

TEAM AUDRINA haha
    i love the hills its great, we all no its not like the real reality, we no there are script editors as they’re names come up on the credits, they’re real lives are exagerated for a show that is reality..
    i dont like LO or how they portray her, actually she was like that in the Laguna days, i want her to go away.. far away
    ………………with kisses from the CandyQueen

6. Ernestine says

As an American, I find it hugely embarassing that anyone cares about these useless beeyotches at all. Ol’ Ceiling Eyes and Lauren Twitrad each need to find a grander purpose in life other than shopping and fighting with each other. I tried watching this garbage once and it was basically exactly like the sort of squabbles I used to get into in JUNIOR freaking HIGH. Not even entertaining. At least that Super Sweet Sixteen show makes me want to toss heavy objects and punch things.

7. Passerby says

They are actually naive enough to ask if she is portrayed accurately on “The Hills.” NO ONE is portrayed accurately on that show. It’s FICTION, people, not reality.

8. TJ says

i think she politely makes it clear they are not best buddies. it sounds to me like she endures lauren and lo for the show. it’s great exposure for her so she can focus on acting…..