Ashanti For Page Six Magazine

Page Six Magazine will feature Ashanti this week. The artist opened up about her career, her future wedding plans and her respect for Rihanna. Here is your sneak peek to her interview:

On her career coming to a halt in 2005:

“That was the worst part-not having a say as to what’s happening in my own life,” she says. “To a singer, that’s like telling them they’re dying. It was tragic.”

On finding it hard to watch artists like Fergie and Rihanna fill her void:

“I’d hear a song on the radio and wish mine was next. But I respect a lot of the artists who’ve come along since I was out, especially Rihanna. She’s smart and she’s worked the business instead of having the business work her.”

Back in action now, Ashanti is even more driven, and not just with career.Having two children with her boyfriend and fellow artist Nelly, she says thoughts are turning to marriage.

“I’ve been planning my wedding in my head since I was a little girl, and it just keeps getting more elaborate. I’m a huge fan of the Caribbean, so if I don’t get married in New York, it would have to be on the beach.”

Comments

1. Danny says

Ashanti does not have kids! It’s official.. Nelly got two kids, but they’re not by ashanti. She aint never had a baby n her life, so dont start no rumors or nothin cause it aint that serious. Tha press jus worded it wrong to get ya’ll twisted, thatz all… Leave it alone

2. Passerby says

maybe she has two dogs and she thinks they are her kids. but wtf…. this gurl scared the crap out of my pants. god damn….. maybe she does have two kids but she damn well was good at concealing it from the public if she did.

3. Passerby says

the magazine totally worded it wrong. they are purposely trying to lead people to spread gossip. nelly has two kids, ashanti does not have any kids. i guess u have to read thew hole article to tell that though!!!

Remember the playground rhyme “first there’s love, then there’s marriage, then there’s ___ in a baby carriage” ? It sounds so backwards to hear “after having two kids , now we’ll get married”…. But that is the trend anymore. Strange.

Christina

5. Passerby says

OMG!! It is true? This must be the hottest topic on the forum page of the tall dating site ~~~TALLMEET.com~~~, where they have ever been and chatted for a long time.

6. Passerby says

Nelly has two kids but Ashanti don’t have any kids.. she actually believes you should be married first and then have kids.