Scarlett Johansson Is In No Rush To Set The Date

Don’t expect a quick Hollywood wedding for Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds. The actress says that she wants to take her time and enjoy the moment. I think that is sound advice. So often we rush to the finish line without really enjoying the ride.

"We’re just enjoying our time. We’re just recently – very recently – engaged. So, you know, we’re just taking it easy. And no big plan yet.

"But it’s a good time, and we’re just… enjoying our time to be young and engaged. I mean, I’m 23. There’s no reason to rush into it. Everything feels very natural and relaxed."

Comments

1. Daniee says

Oh, I see trouble ahead. Him and Alanis broke up partly because she was in no rush to the alter. He seems to want to tie the knot.

2. greeeneyedwhwoman says

Scarlette seems to be so much older than 23 and I think that Ryan has some weird need for marriage.

3. airname90 says

Scarlette looks not so good in this picture. But who knows she had a pr ofile at www .ri ch ki ss. com which is a niche wealthy singles dating site? She had a hot video there. She is really sexy with bikini in that video. Someone says it is naughty, but I don’t think so.

4. Miss_M says

I don’t see the point of getting engaged at all! You either get married or you don’t. We have the year 2008 for God’s sake. As for Scarlett’s album, I like it actually, I think she has a very nice voice and she did well. I also think that she was an excellent choice for girl with a pearl earring. It left me wanting to watch more, too ;-)

5. KatieS says

Statistically, the longer a couple waits to set a wedding date the less likely they are to get married. They are done.

6. Ernestine says

Doesn’t she demand a $10,000 makeup artist or whatever? I should HOPE so. I should hope that every ARM hair is perfectly coiffed!

7. Doris says

Yeah, I don’t really see the point in getting engaged if you don’t immediately want to rush out and buy the big wedding planner binder at your nearest bookstore! It just seems weird to say “yes, I want to marry you,” to someone, and then say, “but not yet, and possibly not for a really long time.” On another note, I don’t know why, but I’ve never been able to picture these two in it for the long haul. I don’t dislike either of them — in fact, I think Ryan is awesome (saw him in an interview recently where he was totally hilarious, self-deprecating and genuine) — but I just don’t think they’ll be together in another year. Maybe it’s because she is SO YOUNG. Twenty-three!!! My god. So young.

8. Zeroelle says

Oh snap! I thought she was like 25. So strange to think that Scarlett and I are roughly the same age.

9. xmas caulfield says

ernestine, you know i’m your biggest fan but i’m afraid i’m also in love with scarjo. “anywhere i lay my head” wasn’t manufactured to be a commercial hit (the producer wanted it to “sound like tinkerbell on cough syrup” – not what the big guns in the music biz aim for when they have dollar signs in their eyes). it’s very shoegazey and atmospheric – johansson’s low, smoky nico-like voice blends perfectly with the music. it isn’t a dance album. it isn’t what you select on your i-tunes playlist when you’re rolling out of bed and stumbling to the kitchen (pouring yourself a cup of ambition) – it’s good for getting sleepy and dreamy at night – i also think it would be good for making out – and slipping off in an opium den.

10. Ernestine says

Okay. I honestly don’t hate her as much as I used to. Partly because she often looks so ridiculously UBER-casual in public — schlubby and greasy, almost. The girl wears cargo shorts and shoves her hair back and tosses on loose tank tops, and I appreciate that. People like Kate Beckinsale annoy me, sometimes. High heels to the mall. Alrighty, then. And Scarlett’s also an outspoken Democrat, and she’s talked sh!t about Bush in interviews. Okay, cool. They can’t all be Heigi effing Montag, and I appreciate that, too. And here you go. Confession time: I bought “Falling Down” on Itunes. I listened to it once and scoffed at it (partly because of the asinine video. SALMAN RUSHDIE, Scarlett? REALLY.), then I absolutely couldn’t get the damned tune to leave my head, so I bought it. I figured it was only a dollar, right? And I’ve actually listened to it a lot since then. I don’t think she’s got the strongest voice in the world, and I picked through the rest of the song samples and nothing really jumped out at me, to be honest, so that’s the only song from the album that I do like. But, yeah. “Falling Down” is alright. But I’m also a sucker for David Bowie and banjos. And I ADORE the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, so the fact that the guitarist contributed to that album is pretty cool.

11. Ernestine says

I agree. I think it’s the humiliation of the critical and commercial failure of her Tom Waits cover album paired with the recent public humiliation over the idiotic (and false) “Barack Obama is my e-mail BOYFRIEND and we’re BFFs!” comments she made a few months ago. She’s been brought down a peg or two and she’s no longer talking about how she pours herself into dresses and oozes sex appeal or whatever nonsense she was vomiting out before. I still think she’s an awful actress though, and her calling out the media for being sexist is a big load of crap, seeing as she’s ONLY this successful because of her larger-than-average ta-tas and desire to push them in our faces and discuss them all the time. Wait. Maybe I still dislike her. Hmmm. Anyway, I just read Girl With a Pearl Earring and LOVED it. Netflix is sending the movie in a day or so. If she sucks in THIS one, I’m done with her!

12. sweet kiddo says

i though she was a bit older then that too but she seems to have a good head about marriage ( i might be slammed for what i `m gonna say but )i mean people tend to get married way too soon and 23 is really young i know it should depend on how mature you are but still your a “kid” at that age and you should take the time to really know the other cause you might be suprised a lot !!! anyway i`m done

13. Ha says

I may get slammed for what I’m going to say too, but engagement is supposed to be when you are ready to get married. To borrow a line from When Harry Met Sally, “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” They’re basically just still exclusively dating with a different title. I would bet money that they never walk down the aisle.

14. Kathleen says

I am guessing that they NEVER get married either, Ha! He seems to have “commitment issues.”

15. chachi says

I know I am negative today but I hope they break up. I can’t STAND HER! And her face makes me angry

16. CapturingLife says

I used to completely despise her. But lately..she’s growing on me. I don’t have a clue why, though. LOL

17. Nate says

“…enjoying our time to be young and engaged. I mean, I’m 23. There’s no reason to rush into it. Everything feels very natural and relaxed.” – Scarlett This line is confusing to me because she rushed into the engagement, but feels otherwise about the actual getting married part. She’s into serial monogamy(sp?), so I give them another year tops before she moves on to someone else.

18. Shanhole says

Sounds like she has her feet on the ground. Applause to her for not hiking it down the aisle before she’s ready.

As for the comment above about engagements meaning you are ready to get married – I never thought there was a time limit on this. I thought it was just an expression of love and affection. Their lives together started to moment they decided to be together, not the moment they get married.

Divorce is all too common these days.

19. mymiddlefinger says

^^Okay, no. An engagement ring is the romantic precursor to marriage. A promise ring is “just and expression of love and affection.”

20. Ha says

I absolutely agree that there are too many divorces (speaking as someone going through one right now). I certainly don’t mean you have to rush into marriage, but getting engaged should mean you are ready to get married. Right now or tomorrow, if it you had the choice. Getting engaged means preparing to get married. Otherwise don’t get engaged, just keep dating. I’m sorry, but I just think she knows she’s not going to marry him. It seems like it was ” the next step” and that’s the EXACT wrong reason to get married. She just doesn’t come off as excited about it.

21. Isis says

Give it 2 years, then Ryan will move on… he’ll probably do the same thing he did to Alanis. Don’t get me wrong he’s cute.

22. Polly says

I agree that the ring means you will be getting married but why does a date have to be set immediately? Does the engagement expire within a year?!

23. Ernestine says

I agree. I honestly don’t see the big deal. Also, some of us simply do NOT care about weddings.