PETA Angry At Gwyneth Paltrow Over Fur Endorsement

Uh Oh! PETA has their eye on another fur loving celebrity. This time it’s Gwyneth Paltrow and her work on Italian designer Tod’s advertising campaign where the actress is draped in fox fur and wearing fur-lined boots.

Mark Glover, director of Respect for Animals, says,

"Gwyneth Paltrow should be ashamed. I can only assume that Paltrow either is ignorant of the facts or lacks human decency and compassion. We’ve written to her many times, and sent her videos showing how animals suffer for fur, but have never received a response. Apparently her beauty really is only skin deep. Gwyneth Paltrow won’t be the apple of her daughter’s eye if she continues to flaunt fur. It’s a terrible example to set for a young child."

What do you think about these public statements by the organization. Do you think it will make Gwyneth second guess another fur campaign?

Comments

The Humane Society has done so much for animal rights and they don’t have to resort to stupid publicity stunts. Most legitimate animal rights groups don’t even want to associate with PETA because once they get involved people stop taking an issue seriously.

2. Alyssa says

PETA are f’ING HYPOCRITES!!!

THEY KILL 90 of the ANIMALS THEY RESCUE!! THEY’RE AGAINST NO-KILL SHELTERS!!!

THEY WON’T SPEND MONEY ON FINDING HOMES FOR ANIMALS BUT THEY’LL SPEND 2 MILLION ON DEFENSE FOR THEIR CRONIES WHO VANDALISE AND ASSAULT PEOPLE

THEY GET 25 MILLION in REVENUE A YEAR AND THEY CAN’T SAVE ANIMALS!

THEY BLOW THIER MONEY ON CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS INSTEAD OF ANIMALS!!!

THEY ARE HELL- MONGERS

I CANT WAIT FOR INGRID NEWKIRK TO DIE SO I CAN SHIT ON HER GRAVE!!!

I love that people are called out for their greedy selfish ways! I USED to just adore Gwyneth, but nothing about her is appealing. I don’t believe the media can make someone into such a cold bitch. Even her interviews make her sound stuck-up and self-obsessed. Darling, it is time to practice some humility!

Her husband is a vegetarian! A VEGETARIAN! I mean seriously? She’s friends with stella mcartnetny and has talked in the past about animal rights…so she wears fur….great.

I am so surprised a friend of Stella M. and the wife of a vegetarian would do that but I guess money. Isn’t she a vegetarian too??!! So wrong!!

At this point she’s become a total money grubber. She doesn’t even discriminate, does she? I think she’d say yes to any advert offer. Who cares about her endorsement? I don’t. Normally, it’ easy to ignore her, but wearing fur, endorsing fur, is something else altogether. What a selfish whore. She can go to hell. I’m glad her career is tanking.

No my dear PeTA has not done great things, they continue to kill animals at their Virgina headquarters….So it really pisses me off that they continue to bash celebrities who wear fur. PeTA KILLS ANIMALS AND THEY SUCK, SUCK AND BLOW. You will notice that I did not capitilze the E because PeTA has no ethics.

Gwyneth Paltrow is a sanctimonious idiot who just likes to hear herself talk. She isn’t even worth commenting on, because it’s no surprise that this dimwit would wear a fur. She just doesn’t get it.

But I must say, it’s really laughable when people use “PETA” as the reason they aren’t animal supporters or are “on the fence” about the issue. Please. Maybe PETA uses unacceptable tactics to get its point across (and there’s no debate there…they really go overboard), but everyone knows that animals are caused to suffer and die terrible deaths in order to provide a fur coat to someone. To be turned off to the underlying cause because of PETA is a cop-out. We all need to stand up and defend those who can’t defend themselves. Maybe if more people saw the importance of it and tried to make a difference, even if it just meant saying “NO” to fur, PETA wouldn’t have to go to such drastic lengths to get the brain-dead masses to pay attention.

9. tbtrfli says

Its sad… no matter how much I might or might not agree with the issue, I always roll my eyes when I see the word “PETA”… they are a disgrace to normal groups that are trying to make a difference.

10. Strength says

I love fur! It looks wonderful on people and animals. In fact, when my cat dies –I will make a fur collar out of her coat, so I can pet her. PETA are a bunch of contradictory idiots.

11. VeggieGirl says

I’m a vegan and of course I am against people wearing fur, but I think that some horrible things have been said about Gwyneth here. Please, we don’t know her, why is there so much hate in your words? We all make mistakes.

What crap PETA folk should get proper jobs and stop fronting, they double standard i don’t see them going to places where is -15 degrees and above holding they plackards to folks that wear fur there. Why just concentrate on people in the states, they should shut up, suck it up and move on.

13. LadyLike says

Is it so hard not to wear fur? Those poor animals are suffering because of the beautiful fur they were born with, which isn’t right. Fashion should be fun not deadly to innocent animals. It sickens me whenever I see someone wear fur.

I don’t get the obsession with fur. Habitat is the issue. Animal cruelty is the issue. The fur industry is like… the least important part of that.

Bashing otherwise reasonable and green-living celebrities as part of a hateful publicity stunt turns people’s hearts cold and indifferent. It’s sort of like when PETA decided they didn’t like Batman, because in the new movie, Batman defends himself against a pack of viciously trained guard dogs. It’s stupid, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, and in comparison to the other human/animal rights crises going on in the world it doesn’t mean anything. PETA needs to understand that the core of animal rights people believe what they believe out of love, not out of hate. Being vindictive and petty just makes us sick of you.

15. LadyLike says

Who cares if she is friends with Stella McCartney? I am a vegetarian but I have friends who eat meat. Just because I don’t agree with them eating meat doesn’t mean I will stop being friends with them.

16. Jen says

Gwyneth, Gwyneth, Gwyneth…what are you doing? That’s okay, send your veggie husband my way. You can keep the fur.

17. luvmygurlz says

I agree that PETA can be extreme, but the simple fact is…it takes extremes to make a difference. I think it’s great that they called Gwyneth Paltrow out on wearing fur. If you look at their track record, they have done great things by going to the extreme!

who really gives a crap about what she wears or doesnt wear. We live in the United States of America….Home of the Free. So, she can say, do, or wear whatever she damn well pleases. Get over it…PETA pleasers…so close to being considered a cult…….

19. "Fur"ious says

Gwyneth Paltrow has always struck me as kind and sweet, but, unfortunately, not very bright. She’s blurted several comments that have come back to haunt her, and now she’s in a fur ad. I think she’s spending too much time developing her body, but not enough time developing her mind.

20. Mizz Thang says

Ugh. Another spoiled celebrity who endorses the horrific skinning of beautiful, precious animals who will soon no longer be with us, thanks to skanks like this. I’ll no longer watch her movies.

Anonymous (not verified) said:
    “It really surprises me that she’d even consider it since her husband is a vegetarian animal lover… ”

“Isn’t she friends with Stella McCartney? She’s going to be ****.”

GREED, HYPOCRISY maybe? Money, money, money = yum yum yum? me, me, me, more, more, more pretty things for her houses and $ for her children and her children’s children?

Burn in hell Gwenyth you evil bitch. Murderer. Another over the hill a-la Sharon Stone who is trying to stay in the media spot light by doing something so disgusting like wearing fur. Hope someone steals her kid and skins it alive and makes a nice hand bag from it. Then maybe she will understand what those poor animals go through.

Give me a break. I personally don’t wear fur, but I also think that its not my place to be telling other people what to wear. I eat meat, and i’m sure i’m not the only meat eater on this site. Have any of these people ever seen a cow slaughtered? or wear leather shoes for that matter. PETA annoys me. There is a way to get people to see your side of things, but this isn’t it. Not only do I not think that it will affect Paltrow, I also know that people like me that are on the fence are completely turned off by their tactics

24. Carolina says

And she’s friend’s with Stella McCartney right? How does that work. PETA is the organization of her late mother. Odd. Unless Maybe Paltrow read Vadge’s Brother’s book and is upset that Madonna really did screw her over by making Stella Maid of honor. Just sayin.

25. Flu-Bird says

So cant anyone do anything with animals without these PETA jerks yelling about it WHY DONT PETA DO US A FAVOR AND GO JUMP IN A LAKE AND QUIT BEING SUCH A BUNCH PF HIPPY PESTS

26. gumball says

What the rich won’t do for the money? Once anyone purchase man man items, flies in an airplane, uses a phone, rides in a vehicle, uses electricty, consumes piped water and has a sewer in a house.. they are killing all the innocent animals and bugs. Tell everyone you are not supporting to bug the hell off; Paltrow and do your thing.

I agree with anna mei. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if Gwynnie wasn’t always mouthing off about how people should live their lives. Other celebrities wear fur and leather in ad campaigns but it’s not as offensive because they are not considered activists (Linsay, Britney, etc.) Practice what you preach!

Why does Gwyneth Paltrow have to do something because her friend believes in the cause? I do not adjust my political beliefs to coincide with my friend’s beliefs. If a friend became a vegetarian, does that mean I should be one too? If a friend told me (s)he was going to stop wearing leather, does that mean I have to? Most of the people posting on this site are mindless drones who believe everything PETA tells them. PETA has a huge incentive to lie. The more they get people worked up, the more funds they raise for their own pockets. Also, what is with all of this class warfare nonsense. Because someone’s got some money that means they are evil, stupid, etc.? Is there some nobility in being poor that I’m not aware of? Why don’t you people develop your own thoughts and ideas instead of being told what to think by Stella McCartney or PETA. At least Gwyneth Paltrow is showing some individuality by doing her own thing in a Hollywood world that is increasingly politically correct. At the end of the day, there are plenty of good reasons for wearing real fur, reasons which are beyond the intellect of people like Stella McCartney and Pamela Anderson, because they have fallen too far over the edge, becoming victims of their own prejudices.

Im not particularly a fan of Gwyneth but nobody has the right to tell her what to wear. Im sure she looks amazing in fur. I hate PETA and all they stand for.

30. Beast says

What a waste of time and energy—sure there are abuses, but not all animals die inhumanely. We are NOT the same as animals, and let them wear fur!!!

31. Anonymous1 says

Stella Mcartney makes clothing out of silk. The silk industry is just as “inhumane” as the fur industry, but no one cares because it’s bugs. So embrace the hypocrisy, or get over it.

32. Anna Mei says

What? You mean Stella McCartney didn’t get through to this potato-head? Why am I surprised???

Gwyneth you suck — for all how you pay attention to macro organic healthy this that and the other, for all how much she preaches and bores us with all this and how people should live their lives, I’m surprised she didn’t make an allowance for this one humane thing to do: not wear fur.

She’s just intolerable.WHy did I click this link.

Both Gwyneth and her husband eat seafood. That’s not really “vegetarian” and it seems to indicate that their seafood-eating “vegetarianism” isn’t bourne out of compassion for animals, but rather self-serving health reasons. This fur thing just proves it.

It really surprises me that she’d even consider it since her husband is a vegetarian animal lover… I am a vegetarian and would be more than angry with my husband if the thought of covering himself in fur even crossed his mind. I thought she was better than that… how disappointing.

35. darbi4packers says

I personally thing wearing fur is a status symbol, but one that is frowned upon. Kind of like those people who drive Hummers and think they are cool, but really everyone is thinking, “What an idiot!”.

36. Joe says

This woman is too much. She recently co-hosted an event for a charity that saves horses from slaughter, yet here she is fronting ads for a company that uses fox fur. What a hypocrite.

37. Sarah O. says

Whatever. I bet given the choice they’d let a human die over an animal. In my personal opinion, PETA is a good cause with horrible execution.

Nope- I don’t think it will change a thing. Gwyneth Paltrow is your typical affluent woman- pampered, politically correct, but ultimately does what she wants with little thought to how it impacts other. So she supports a fundraiser to protect horses, speaks out on the environment, but wears fur? I wish this woman had stayed in retirement in England.

You thought Ms.Mills brought havoc into Paul and Stella’s relationship?Watch this matter turn REALLY ugly!

40. Disappointed Diana says

Wow, what a disappointment. I’ve always liked Gwyneth, but her insensitivity to animal suffering has changed my mind. Boooo! Hissss!

41. kels says

“Gwyneth Paltrow should be ashamed. I can only assume that Paltrow either is ignorant of the facts or lacks human decency and compassion.”

Yep. Sounds about accurate about Gwenyth. She’s an absolute idiot.

Disgusting. The fur trade enrages me. Another spoiled brat with no concept of the real world.

43. dabnello says

Wearing FUR is just plain wrong. Gwyneth please stop wearing fur!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1-It’s cruel
    2-Looks disgusting
    3-and you are giving the wrong example

PETA !!!!! you guy are great no matter what. You are trying to raise awareness and you are helping animals and it counts.

44. Helena says

Gwyneth wants ppl to save horses but she turns around and wears fur? She is so full of herself. She is an ugly woman on the inside and outside.