Alyson Hannigan Hates Kissing Her Husband

Her TV husband!! :) And why you ask? Because Jason Segel is a smoker
and Alyson Hannigan can’t stand that taste. Segel went cold turkey after the
actress told him how awful their intimate moments on sitcom How I Met Your Mother were – but he only managed to stay nicotine-free for a year.
And now his bad habit is worse than ever.
Hannigan says,

"I cannot stand cigarette smoke, it’s like kissing an ashtray and
he’s trying to be polite by having gum or mints, but it doesn’t help."

Alyson even started to fine Jason for smoking after he requested her help in quitting. But that didn’t work either.

"When we started the pilot (for the show) he was like, ‘Get me to
stop smoking, I’ll be your best friend.’ So we did this bet where he
would owe me $10 every time he had a cigarette. After the first day, he
owed me $200.
"So he said, ‘I’m just quitting,’ and he quit cold turkey for about a
year.
It was fantastic but then… he got stressed out and he started smoking
again."

I’ve attached a pic of her real husband, Alexis Denisof below. Quite the cutie. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Photos by WENN

Comments

1. missyz says

I don’t blame her for saying that. Yeah, many of you think it’s rude of her to say it in public but it’s disgusting. I hate being near a smoker when they have a cigerette. Thankfully, I’ve never dated a smoker and never have had to deal with kissing one. Smoking’s nasty and maybe he should start that bet again. If it got him off for a year, maybe it’ll help if he tried again.

2. RosemaryGA says

Hello, you are an actress! If you were a real one you would be able to endure the “ashtray” effect!

3. momster says

I asked my hubby the other day what he remembers most from our dating days… and he said that kissing me was like licking an ashtray! LOL – I was looking for something a little more romantic, but whatever. It’s been a little over 12 years since I quit and I guess it was a compliment meaning it’s nicer to kiss me now (I hope!). Anyhoo, Alyson is a cutie and her husband is a hottie! LOVE her dress!

4. Sorcha says

Pity she’s dyed her hair black, she was gorge with red hair.

I agree though – kising someone who smokes is gross.

5. CapturingLife says

I give him credit for trying to quit. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I can’t even imagine how hard it is for people trying to kick a bigger addiction (like drugs, alcohol, etc.). Hopefully he’ll be able to quit sometime soon. And those two spend a lot of time cozied up on the show –her character is hilarious and has the libido of a teenage boy (thanks for that, Megan Fox LOL).

6. AnonymousDos says

she just lost a lot of points with me for that. it’s so rude and distasteful of her to come out and say that. atleast he tries with the mints and gum… after reading this i hope he decides it’s too bad for her and lights up right before a kissing scene.

7. Lindy says

Looooove her! Love her dress! I’m so glad to see her, and honestly–I’m thrilled to have the photo of her with her real-life hottie husband, whom I adored on Angel. He was my favorite actor and character on that show, and I wish he were out doing more things! Thanks for totally making my Monday morning better!

And I don’t blame her for hating the nasty smoke taste!

8. Zeroelle says

She really has become quite attractive. I used to think she was average-looking in Buffy–and not because they dressed her to be somewhat of a nerd. Her face just looked different back then.