T.I. Joined Millions Of Americans Who Voted In This Year’s Election

Multi-platinum hip-hop star, actor and Grand Hustle recording artist, T. I. voted today for the first time, joining millions of Americans who, in eligible states, are participating in early voting.
I think it is so great that he is getting the word out about this.

TI is the national spokesperson of the RESPECT MY VOTE! non-partisan Get Out The Vote initiative, created by Reverend Lennox Yearwood, Jr. and the Hip Hop Caucus (HHC). The Hip Hop Caucus and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network (HSAN) have partnered in a national RESPECT MY VOTE! GOTV Bus Tour of 18 cities through Election Day.

T.I. has been a very vocal and engaged activist in helping to get young people to register and now, to get them to the polls to vote. With his prior difficulties with the law, TI made it his point to emphasize that, while he thought he was ineligible to vote, others needed to get out to the polls to make a difference in their lives and their communities. Recently, he did further research on his own and discovered he was, in fact, still eligible to vote. Going to the polls early this morning in Atlanta, Georgia, was a transformative experience for him.

"Feels like I’ve taken advantage of my right to become a part of the democracy," declared Clifford Harris aka T.I.. "It was definitely worth standing in line and doing all the things people complain about voting. I think it’s more than worth it."

Check out the video below where T.I. talks about finding out he was able to vote even though he has a record.

Respect My Vote Tour: T.I. Goes To Vote! from Hip Hop Caucus on Vimeo.

Comments

I am wating on another TI is sexy comment. TI’s IQ is between 80-90 at best and I am not even sure he can speak and write grammatically correct English. He is just a puppet prodiced by Hollywood wigs who make billions on him and selling his idiocy to the masses to further degrade people. Just thinking that ”he is hot” comment as a minimum requirement to vote for his false idol-Obama-creeps me out.

2. ito says

my whole family ( all 3 of us) just love him…btw did you see him on chelsea lately the other nite…it was too funny…

ISN’T HE SUPPOST TO GO TO JAIL SOON BECAUSE HE BOUGHT SOME GUNS ILLEGALLY? I THOUGHT IF YOU WERE CONVICTED OF A CRIME YOU WERE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE?

I am not voting. I definitely do not want another George Bush so McCain and his nature destroyer Palin are out. I like how Obama talks but I do not believe him. He is most definitely backed by shadow figures that will use him like a strawman, much like George Bush has been. We are talking about 2 cliques in DC who are out for themselves to make money and duping people-plain and simple. There are holes in Obama’s background. Obama strikes me as a soft man, who does as being told. It is Rockefellers that run this country and the world. Unfornutately, many black people do not vote because they believe in issues, they vote because we have a black candidate, so essentially they are voting for black person. For me color is not a requirement. The whole situation is sad. I predict Obama wins, starts out strong, then dupes people one more, and we are moving toward socializm, where everyone has to be just like the next one (everyone poor) except the elite.

There are 3rd party candidates on the ballot. Research them and find one who appeals to your values. Dem/Rep are not the only parties out there and they are not the only people to vote for. Not only that, but the ballot almost always has local and state elections on it as well.

6. Gee Gee says

How do you know how black people vote? or think? you are generalizing every black person. Newsflash!!!!..before Obama black people voted, don’t sit there and be the spokeperson for black people. I’m assuming you are white, so you don’t know anything about blacks. Is like me saying all white people are racist, ignorant, closeted fools, is not true but it would be stupid of me to say it. Grow a brain you fool, if you don’t vote you have no right to complain.

I voted last week, early voting. I love voting! Not just presidential, but our local stuff, too. I am so excited to be voting for Obama — I did months of research on both candidates. The thought of Sarah Palin possibly becoming president scares the **** out of me. Can you imagine her having a meeting with foreign (or domestic) dignitaries and officials? Sorry, I don’t need a poser who pretends to be “Joe Sixpack”, I want someone who is WAY more intelligent than I am, who knows what being vice-president and president means. The dumbing down of America has continued for long enough. We’ve already had the clueless governor who isn’t well-read, who is in their own little world and who is being told what to do by white-haired old men. We don’t need another four years of that! Obama/Biden 2008! :-)

I envy your naivete. Keep believing that you actually make a difference on presidential level. However you do not. Everything has been orchestrated (as usual), and the outcome has been know to few from a very beginning.

”WAY more intelligent than I am, who knows what being vice-president and president means. The dumbing down of America has continued for long enough. We’ve already had the clueless governor who isn’t well-read, who is in their own little world and who is being told what to do by white-haired old men”

wow. if you want someone more intelligent, that makes you less intelligent, that in turn should make you not able to vote at all. Being told by white haired men??? Where do you get wisdom? I want candidate who is not intelligent unlike myself, well spoken but more importantly does the right thing by his constituents, oversees and protects our country, is not interested in lobbyist money and is not acting on behalf of someone else. Someone with a strong international policies, diplomatic staff, sturdy hand and ethics, strong economic revival package, someone who speaks openly and not in double talk… Does that sound like Obama and his professional life long politician Biden (could not answer journalist question regarding moving toward socialism and cut ties with that station)? NO! Does it sound like weak and confused McCain and his clueless Palin? NO! It is all a dream friends, and you are puppets in this show.

here you go, a typical cultural level of our pro Obama voting masses. Do you double negate also?

and there you go, a typical response of our pro McCain voting masses. I bet you too think Obama is an arab…LOL