Ashlee Simpson In Labor?

Pete Wentz was scheduled to appear on Larry King Live and then canceled the show due to "breaking news and scheduling conflicts". Does that translate to Ashlee Simpson’s water just broke?

Here is what the Fall Out Boy wrote on his blog.

due to breaking news and scheduling conflicts i will not be appearing on larry king live tonight, though i am a big fan of the show and look forward to appearing on it in the future. i also look forward to the chance to continue supporting civil rights and speaking out against the passing of proposition 8 and others like it (im looking at you arizona and florida) whenever and wherever i can.

The timing makes sense. Ashlee’s been pregnant for AGES. What do you think? Was that secret celebrity code for "I’m having a baby?"

I mean, in all honesty, he didn’t have to write anything on his blog. We would have never know he had plans to be on Larry King Live unless he pointed it out. And for those fans that did know, they wouldn’t have made a big deal about the cancellation. Does he want us to know she is in labor and so he used "breaking news" as his code words? I’m losing my mind.

Photos by Bauer Griffin

Comments

Actually, Pete Wentz’s fans are mostly batshit crazy- I say this as one myself- and a large, large portion had been anticipating his participation on Larry King Live discussing Prop 8 since they’d heard about it… so his fans would have jumped to all sorts of conclusions- both good and bad- had he not mentioned something.

I’m definitely not bashing his fans, since I am included in that group- I’m just laughing at the fact that you all don’t think his presence would have been missed or noted.

2. Journey says

He did not cancel going on CNN because Ashlee was in labor, because she wasn’t.

Here’s the reason…

We will all know soon enough when they have their new addition. It just wasn’t last night.

They are such media wh0res. It’s not exactly breaking news; women go into labor all the time.

4. lis says

it’s breaking news if it is your baby!!

I thought maybe she had already had the baby and they’ve been hiding.. because I was also expecting it around Hallowe’en. They said something early on about the possibility of an Oct-31 baby. Guess not.

5. Linda123 says

Why do people say that women have been pregnant for ages? Do people not know pregnancy is for 9 months?

6. Journey says

He did not go on CNN because of the Hilary Clinton news. If any of you follow politics, Obama had a secret meeting with Hilary Clinton, possibly electing her as Secretary State. This would be the breaking news he was talking about. CNN, if you watch it, is known to be very up-to-date on politics, therefore they would have wanted to follow this topic pretty much all evening, since the secret Clinton/Obama meeting had just broke that day. I heard Wentz on a radio station confirming that’s the reason why he wasn’t on CNN.

7. Amy says

She could be in labor. It’s about frickin time. I thought the kid was due around Halloween not Thanksgiving.

8. Jan says

She looks so innocent here. And to think her life is about to change so much. I hope shes ready for the ride !