What Is Britney Spears’ New Year’s Resolution?

I don’t know a single person who makes a resolution and then keeps it. I’m not saying my friends and family are all flakes – I just think it’s a cute thing to do on January 1st and then by the end of the month, it’s forgotten.

My stepfather has bet me each year since I was 16 that he would quit smoking come the new year. At $100 a pop, the man owes me some serious change! :)

Britney Spears is the latest person to swear off a habit come 2009. What does she hope to rid herself of? Biting her nails.

"Next year, I have to learn to stop biting my nails! I would like to stop worrying so much, because I worry all the time. And to learn how to be happier, just in general. I have to learn to take things not so seriously."

But Spears is a realist. She too admits that resolutions are really hard to keep.

"I end up breaking them. It’s hard."

Are you trying to change something in your life? Do you tend to keep your resolutions? Or do you make them and break them? :)

Comments

Doesn’t Brit Brit have bigger things to worry about in 2009 other than nail biting? Wow. Anyways my resolutions are about enhancing life, not trying to change something. I would like to learn how to ski, and want to do better keeping in touch with friends. Also I want to pull off throwing a surprise party for someone (either my BF or BFF)!

2. JesseD says

Lose some serious weight for my Dec 09 wedding. I’ve got motivation this year. NO FAT BRIDE, NO FAT BRIDE!

3. guest says

The way i stopped biting my nails took major will power, and ‘Nail Crack’ aka “Nail Life” availible at Sally’s. I SWEAR by this stuff- this is coming from someone who bit their nails for nearly 20 years!!!! It made my itty bitty tips grow into long strong nails!!! I promise.. Give it a month and you will be hooked too!

4. Sporky says

I used to bite my nails like crazy until I started taking anti-anxiety meds for depression. In fact I stopped a lot of bad habits when I started taking that. Not saying that’s the cure for everyone, but it sure worked for me. My New Year’s Resolution: move to a bigger place.

5. Anonymous123 says

that is exactly what she said last year and the year before that….I agree she have bigger things to worry about….like her children.

6. Hentai Lover says

My new years resolution is to learn to cook. I’m sick of eating Top Ramen! as if anyone cares.

7. sweet kiddo says

i want to start telling people what i really think…. what i mean is i’m too much of a nice girl and i NEVER tell shit to anybody even if they deserve it !!
    so this year i will scare people off (well i’ll try) ….gosh i’ll need help ;)

8. MollyS says

I would love to quit biting my nails also!!! I try but they are just so thin and weak that all they do is shread. It’s so hard. Any tips would be appreciated!!!