Milla Jovovich For Paris Vogue – Ode To The 80s

Please tell me the 80s are staying put. Please tell me this is just to be artsy and Paris Vogue isn’t trying to plant the seed that jumpsuits and high-waist Cavariccis are back in style. I’ve thrown out my white belt! What do I do now?!

Take a look at Milla Jovovich in her new fashion spread for Vogue. I know… speechless right?! :)

Oh the shoulder pads!!

ONTD

Comments

3. KL says

I could give a crap less about the rest of, but if they are selling Keith Haring jackets like the pink one in the second picture, then get out of my way. Keith’s art was truly one of the best thing about the 80’s and I’ll be happy to welcome that back.

Haaaah very true! When I saw “Beyonce”, I was worried, but then read the rest of your comment. Milla is an original, she doesn’t need to exert ANY effort to exude her natural ferocity (unlike Beyone who def tries too hard) and people need to keep in mind that this isn’t her typical style, she was literally styled for a magazine!

This is the same woman that let herself eat anything for her pregnancy, and got relatively plump. And now she’s this thin again! Argh, Milla.

6. ShoeSlut says

Yikes! Those pictures don’t look current AT ALL! I hope those styles don’t come back, they don’t do anything for my frame!

7. Emily says

Hate to break this to you Vera, but jumpsuits are definitely in for spring. The 80s are back, although hopefully not quite as literally as in this photo shoot!

The style of it is cool..but I would never wear it! Milla still got it! She poses fierce!!! YOU GO BITCH!! **Two snaps & a twist!!**

She looks like Princess Stephanie of Monaco in these pic back in 80ies. Mostly 80ies fashion was hideous.

10. Berglind says

I lovelovelove it!! I think she looks fierce! I woul dlove to have that red leather jacket…

11. iowa girl says

i think normally she is gorgeous. I do not like how they made her look at all. and i do not like the 80’s fashion! I lived it once, don’t want to do it as an adult

They could have made her look less like a man. Seriously. She looks like a man in high heels in the last picture. She is normally so pretty, it’s just I do not like these at all.

gosh, word fierce has become the most overused lately. everybody wants to be ”fierce”. but I do agree that Mila always had that edgy look unlike Beyonce , who also wants to be known as fierce. Now, that is majorly pathetic.

14. missmarnip says

she is beautiful now and when she was 40 pounds heavier while being pregnant. even those 80’s-horror-outfits can’t beat her.

15. Gee Gee says

She looks like David Bowie when he was younger…and she does look better when she was heavier pregnancy made her look gorgeous.

16. Caitie says

nooooooooooooo! we’ve made so much progress in flirty, strong feminine fashion—– women have been embracing their curves and feeling “pretty” again!
    then we take ten steps back with this ad campaign! She looks like a boy! (I loathe 80s fashion) I hope that this doesn’t become a trend—-I’ll be clinging to my current wardrobe to ride out this weird wave!

17. lis says

Milla is gorgeous… one of the most beautiful models I’ve seen. But even Milla’s magic cannot make shoulder pads look good.

18. Mandi Lou says

Shoulder pads? I can’t get over the eyebrows! You can’t find Milla in all that brow.
    I don’t like how the photographer shot her. It’s way too gritty. Could’ve been a lot better. :( – Mandi

19. Ania says

Those pictures are freaking me out. 80’s so not going there EVER. I don’t care if the style comes back, I’m NOT doing shoulder pads and the ugly clothes!!!! Ewwwwwww