Fact Or Fiction: Sandra Bullock Has Special Seat-Belts For Her Pet Dogs

Star Magazine is reporting that Sandra Bullock had special doggie seat belts placed in her car to strap in her pets for better safety.
Friends claim the the actress is terrified her pooches, Ruby and Poppy,
will be hurt in a collision, after her car was struck by a drunk driver
last April.

Really???

“More than 10 years ago, all her dogs
died when they rode cargo on an airplane. She was devastated and vowed
never to let anything bad happen to her pets again.

“A lot of people think she’s overdoing it, but she doesn’t care. At least she knows her dogs are safe.”

What do you think? Too far fetched? Or is this one a possibility? Animal lovers – do you have anything like this in place? I have two dogs and didn’t even know this was a possibility.

Photos by WENN.com

Comments

1. Annon says

I jsut saw an article that showed Sandra Bullocks dogs. They are special needs dogs. One has only two legs, the other only has three legs. I’m sure they need all the support they can to help them stay on the seat during a ride. Very cute!!!

2. papyrus says

lol we also bought the goggles for our dog and didnt last long on him… he cant stand him. I wish he would just adapt to them, im also afraid of injuries while sticking his head out the window.

I WISH ALL PET OWNERS WOULD USE THOSE SEAT BELTS INSTEAD OF LETTING THE DOGS SIT ON THEIR LAPS AS THEY ARE DRIVING. THAT DRIVES ME NUTS! I THINK THAT IS MORE DANGEROUS TO OTHER DRIVERS THAN PEOPLE USING HANDHELD PHONES!

4. daredevil715 says

I have one for my dog, it attaches to the hooks in the back seat that are made for the car seats and then attaches to a harness. I have a 45lb shepherd mix and when she was a puppy it wasn’t so bad but now that she’s bigger when she gets in my face or gets excited and tries to jump in my lap its dangerous to me and other drivers on the road. Having her strapped in isn’t just for her safety, its for mine and everyone else’s.

5. daredevil715 says

6. daredevil715 says

works great for my dog, she just sits in the seat now and looks out the window or lies down. The one I got her only gives her 12-18 inches to roam around the back, and that is not enough length for them to get into the front seat.

7. Sammy-xx says

we have a seatbelt for our dog. We hadnt actually used it in ages but we were in a bit of a car crash a few weeks ago so it’s been brought back out. We need to get another one now as we just got a puppy today,

8. papyrus says

everyone who thinks its weird or far fetched obviously doesnt own a pet. They are family!!!. my dog has life jacket for when we go on boats, seat belts and we just got him a bike trailer (he’s getting old and no longer can walk for miles) http://www.pets2bed.com/site/1405195/product/DR03-dog-trailer we are very active and love outdoors and couldnt bare to leave our puppy behind so now he comes along with us.

9. B says

We’ve all seen the dog sliding around in the back of a pickup truck, and known that if something happened to that truck the dog would go flying. Praise for harnesses and seatbelts – in my house pets are family, too.

I’m sure it’s true.
    It’s perfectly ‘normal’ to have seat-belts for pets.
    We always made sure our Great Dane wore his seatbelt – not that he was particularly impressed with the concept!
    I don’t know the figures but there are quite a few human deaths caused by people being hit in the back of their heads by their pets during accidents.

That is my biggest fear! I would hate for my dog to be hurt in an accident…I’ve always wanted to try a seatbelt on him. To anyone who has tried them – how well did your dog adjust to it? I would like to get him a pair of goggles (HA!) b/c he loves to hang his head out the window. FYI – for pet owners – my vet said the #1 injury to dogs that he has seen in the last 5 years is road debris, such as rocks flying up and injurying their eyes..sometimes loosing an eye while riding in the car (hanging out the window)

12. Lori says

When my husband and I got our dog, Aasa, as a puppy I bought a special harness that you put on the dog and it clips into the seatbelt clip. It was a great training tool to keep her in the back seat and not all over the place while we drove. It was more for our safety than hers because she wasn’t jumping in our laps or sticking her head in our face for kisses. Worked great, I would recommend.
    Lori

13. Marylee says

I bought some for my dogs also. You can get them anywhere. I bought mine at Petsmart. I hate to see dogs sliding around in a car. I love my dogs and would do anything to keep them safe.

14. scoopaddict says

no, but they are friends/family. you obviously have no compassion. pets are very important to their owners. we want them to be safe. why is that so wrong?

I thought that was a part of being a responsible pet owner. I have one for my pooch. Also have a jacket and snow boots for her feet for snowy weather.

16. Prosehack65 says

Like others, I have to say it’s just the smart thing to do.

My pitty loves to ride on console of the SUV, so we modified ours to do that. It also gives her some room to move about the back area (we rarely have the seats up so she has a bigger area to stretch out). If we did have an accident, she’d get banged up a bit, but she would not be ejected from the vehicle.

Our farm dog has a similar setup for the back of the pickup. He can move side to side, but can’t fall or jump out.

17. Kristin B. says

My family bought a seatbelt for our dog. It’s mostly used for long car rides, i.e. Arizona to California, or whenever we need to take him and take the freeway. It’s just a harness you clip around their chest and pull the seatbelt buckle through and buckle it and bam — he won’t go flying if we have to brake hard. It also helps with them not moving around the car too much. You just gotta make sure you take breaks when driving.

They work out great — it’s not a “making dogs people” thing at all, it’s just a safety thing that you can choose to do or not to. Personally, I think they’re helpful in training dogs for riding in the car.

I agree with them 100% – it’s gravity! If you care to have them travel with you – at least provide safety for ALL riders. SO many animals are killed or badly injured because of a sudden stop and going forward at a violent speed or even through the windshield. NOT to mention – it is safer for the other travelers in the car.

19. C. says

FYI- one of her dogs only has 3 legs and another dog only has 2 legs. Seat belts are even more important for a handicapped dog. She’s being smart about it.

I bought a seatbelt for my dog. They carry them at most pet stores I think. I don’t think it’s weird, it’s just keeping a beloved member of your family safe!

I agree. Also its a safety issue for your human passengers, as it prevents them getting hit by your dogs if there is an accident.

22. Booyah says

Dumbest story ever. Not for you running it, but that is just silly. They sell them in pet stores, here are four from Petco. http://www.petco.com/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?Nav=1&N=0&Ntt=seatbelts I have them for my dogs, am I ridiculous? I had doggie life jackets too, for my boat, incase they jumped off, which dogs have been known to do, and they get tired. Being a responsible pet owner is going overboard? No pun intended. Slow news week for Star I guess.

I don’t know why this seems so far fetched. You can buy these at Petco. We got one for our puppy so she wouldn’t wonder around while we were driving. She didn’t stay in it long as she figured out how to get out of fairly easily, she’s like Houdini. I mean, they even make lifevests for dogs who go boating.

24. Amy says

I had no idea she lost all of her dogs 10 years ago on a plane. How awful for her. Anyway, not far fetched.

25. finnaryn says

Not at all, but it gets tiresome when people come on here and ask why is she posting something. It’s her site. She can do what she wants. If she wanted to post nothing but Keanu Reeves stories, she can do that.