Zoe Saldana And Jordana Brewster Talk Style, Diet And Exercise

‘Star Trek’ star Zoe Saldana and ‘Fast and Furious’ star Jordana Brewster talked to Women’s Health magazine about how they like to dress and how they maintain their amazing figures.Want to know their secrets?

Zoe prefers a strong, more masculine style.

I love wearing men’s clothing and underwear. I just feel so sexy in jeans and a man’s shirt. Plus I love b[l]ack, red. I love solid colors that say ‘I’m here; I’m strong.’

‘I don’t like things like little sandals that look fragile. I like to look strong and commanding.”

Jordana, however, has a different style during her downtime.

My mom always tells me tha being sexy is all about attitude. She’s very confident and probably has more Gisele Bundchen in her than I do. Brazilian women are proud of their bodies; I’m more reserved, but I try. At home I only wear Brazilian bikinis. When people are coming over I’ll ask my husband if the bikini is appropriate, and he’ll say, ‘Well not really,’ It’s true – they really don’t cover our whole [bottom]. But then again, I think they’re more flattering.”

And what are their fitness routines?

Please click on the link below to continue reading.

Photos by Sheryl Nields (Zoe Saldana), Jeff Lipsky (Jordana Brewster), and Wenn.com (red carpet)

Zoe does Pilates three days a week.

It’s the closest thing to dance.’

‘I get bored really easily. If I didn’t have a trainer to push me, I’d go walk for about 15 minutes. But I love feeling in tuned with my body and eating right.”

Jordana has found that consistency is helpful.

I used to get fit for a film, then let loose right after. I think a lot of people do that; you look your best for the big event and then slack off. But it’s good to have structure in your life – I like having a routine, because everything else…is so unpredictable.”

Jordana also shared that she was so into exercise that she used to sneak into step classes before she was old enough to join (the minimum age was 16)!

As for diet, Zoe allows herself occasional splurges.

Sometimes I pig out on pasta, but that’s OK. (As she stares lovingly at the lobster ravioli on her plate) The next day I just eat healthy.”

Sounds like a good strategy! Jordana has learned to loosen up.

I used to have crazy dietary restrictions: Eat [energy] bars for lunch, do the protein shake thing. But now I eat healthy six days a week… Then one day I eat whatever I want… The great thing about that is you crave healthy food the next day. It’s a mini holiday, but it also gets me really excited to be healthy for the rest of the week.”

Hmm… moderate eating and exercising… these are women I can relate to!

You can read their complete interviews in the May issue of Women’s Health magazine.

Comments

I like Jordana’s approach of eating healthily for 6 days then letting loose on the seventh. I’ve been using the same strategy for a few months. So far so good!

2. Anonymous123 says

this diet sounds like what jennifer love hewitt is doing….eat healthy 6 days a week and then eat whatever you want once a week.

3. Ellie says

mmm… food. Why can’t you just eat whatever the eff you want and be happy? I’m so sick of hearing about peoples various diets that obviously don’t work because they’re always “craving” something. If you eat whatever you want all them time you won’t have ridiculous cravings for nasty food.=^_^=

Well, I’m not a doctor, but I’m pretty sure eating whatever you want all the time can’t be good for you!

5. papyrus says

people already eat whatever they want and they are obese. We should talk more about diets and what to eat. its a health matter!!! with your whatever attitude only shows your immaturity and ignorance on a matter that affects more than 50% of population.

It goes to show that being a star is not as easy as you think. I heard that a lot of the top talent actually work out 5 days a week for atleast an hour or two. Hard work being a star after all.

Its not a diet, it’s as way of life. It’s about wanting to do good things for yourself, not anyone else. The endorphine released during exercise cannot be beat, and the same goes with food. Your stomach is going to hurt if you eat a whopper. Gets a kids meal, best of both worlds!

8. Juliia says

i like the idea of eating healthy 6 days a week and eat what ever u want on the 7ths. sounds good to me. i mean it doesnt have to end up in a food-orgy on the seventh. maybe just a slice of pizza and some chocolate…not like tons of food. but the whole pilates thing i dont get it. it never looks very exhausting. i dont know how u can stay fit with it. it looks like yoga to me.

I’d like to see Jordana in those Brazilian bikinis she speaks of.

But both women are just drop dead gorgerous anyways… and I like the fact that they just seem down-to-earth and they don’t want all that fancy stuff that comes with being a celeb.

Definitely interesting to have a perspective from the stars themselves however it is a little disturbing the comment about put on weight then loose again for the role. I understand the concept but the whole yo yo thing is a little out of whack if you ask me!

11. Carla Cunningham says

Hi! Would you like to read an amazing and inspirational story about an overweight woman (based on real life events), then read my book `Alone in the Storm’ which has recently been published – http://www.eloquentbooks.com/AloneInTheStorm.html

Carla Cunningham, Leeds UK
    Published Author of Alone in the Storm
    I’m on Fbook or join my group on Fbook `The Overweight Woman in Alone in the Storm.’

Womens Health is a bullshit magazine. It should not even be called womens health since less then 5% of the magazine is about womens health. Being healthy is a lifestyle, there is no such thing as a diet that works. Watch what you eat and work out, those are the only things that work.