Lady Gaga Will Always Sing Live

My My My Poker Face My My Poke Face…

You hear that song once and it’s stuck in your head for the rest of the day. I’m actually like a ninja when Lady Gaga comes on the radio. I dart across the room or the car and change the station before she can reach the chorus. Otherwise… I know… it will stay with me forever.

Lady Gaga fans will be happy to hear the singer refused to lip synch during a concert. You will never hear a track playing if you pay hard earned money to see this fashion risk taker live.

In fact, she thinks people who do lip synch aren’t really artists.

, “I would never even think about it (lip synching). The whole point to me is, if you’re gonna be number one, you better really be f***ing number one. If you’re gonna be on top, you better be able to do all those things, because it’s a real privilege to be able to make music everyday, and I get away with a lot…"

“Andy Warhol says art is what you can get away with, and I get away with a lot with my music and my clothes, and I work really hard so I could truly be a real artist for all my fans. That’s really f***ed up when you lip-synch.”

What do you think about what Lady Gaga said? Is she right?

Photos by WENN.com

Comments

Your ability to sing live doesn’t even matter when everything you sing is autotuned to the point it doesn’t even sound like a human voice anymore.

2. DAnon says

well, went to a concert and I wasnt impressed with her live singing skills at all….i prefer to listen to hre in the radio!

3. marianna says

i don’t see the point in lip syncing. if i want to see the person and not just hear, i can watch the music videos. a “singer” strutting around the stage doing nothing is for the people who just worship celebs and wanna see them live. i love music, not the people making it (well not so much that i could just sit and stare at them being useless) playback concerts at tv are even worse, if it’s just a concert. why would you ever wanna see that more than the music video. it’s a different case if it’s a show more than a concert, i mean, i like musicals and they’re “playback”, so if it’s extravaganza acting, playback-tv is ok. sooo..leave music to those who are good at it, otherwise don’t bother wasting everyones time.

4. ale153 says

i’ve seen tons of videos where she’s performing at concerts and tv shows and in all of those she’s singing LIVE!!! And she does sing man!!! i think she’s a great artist because everybody knows britney don’t sing,madonna only screams and i’ve seen videos of rihanna concerts and she just sings some parts (and not pretty god), i totally agree with lady gaga if you’re paying you have to see a great concert if not you can spend that money in other most important things and listen to their music really loud in your room, that’s the same thing!!!

This morning’s performance from Lady Gaga was obviously not live. That is a clear breach of Sunrise policy on music performances. We’d like to apologize for the segment and assure you we view the breach extremely seriously. We pride ourselves on our live music performances and will continue to deliver Australian audiences with the best acts from here and overseas.

Adam Boland
    Executive Producer

6. CapturingLife says

Does she ever stop yapping? I can’t stand this woman & her uppity attitude like she’s some sort of musical genius who has been around forever. It’s annoying.

7. Ha says

She’s been around much longer than you apparently are aware of. She’s been writing the hits for songs you’ve been listening to for the past few years. No offense, but I don’t see uppity here. I’d rather listen to a musician who wants to be an actual musician and not just a celebrity or a performer.

8. audrey says

I assume she is referring to concert performances. I don’t know about any of you, but when I pay up to $100 to attend a concert, I prefer live singing rather than the lip syncing. If I want to hear perfect music I stay at home and listen to a cd. As for TV there are several shows–like the AMAs that only use lip syncing performances.

She is so full of herself. Her music sucks, she needs to stop acting like she is some prize. Whatever.

10. Jan says

Totally agree. Take a page from someone as great as Rush. They will only do songs they can perform live. You have to respect a band like that. Give the fans what they came ( and PAID ) to see.