Amy Adams Calls Herself A Horrible Fiancee

No one could ever accuse Amy Adams of being a bridezilla. As a matter of fact, it sounds like her fiance of one year, actor Darren Le Gallo, just wants to make sure they actually do get married.

"I’ve been really busy, and I feel like a horrible fiancée that I
haven’t gotten swept up in the whole idea of a wedding," Adams, 34,
tells Allure in its August issue. "But I just haven’t."

"[Darren] wants to be married," Adams says. "I think he was patient for the
first nine months, but that we have been engaged for a year, he’s sort
of, you know, ‘This is going to happen, right?’ He understands I’m busy
but he’s ready. He’s much more ready for kids and stuff than I am."

It sounds like this is an 180 degree switch from the way Amy was in her twenties.

"When I look at my 20s, or when I look at any period in my life, I
think about how much time I’ve wasted trying to find the right man,"
she says. "But the truth is, once you have a great man in your life, it
allows you – or at least for me – to look at yourself and grow as an
individual. And gosh, if I had known I was going to find this, my 20s
would have been completely different."

Hindsight’s always 20/20.

Do any of you know or knew of brides like this? I’m so used to hearing the opposite: brides driving themselves (and everyone in the near vicinity) crazy with wedding details!

Photos by INF

Comments

1. suffy_78 says

I wasn’t a bridezilla either but mainly because I did not want a wedding in the first place!

2. merce369 says

I love love love this actress, she going to be huge. Not sure though if it’s right thing to do to get engaged to the person, who wants different things , i don’t think they on the same page, at least she says that they aren’t. Hope she’ll figure otu what’s best for her

he will find someone else who wants to be his wife. she will get dumped in 3….2….

4. Lizzypoo says

I’m all for women’s right. I don’t understand why you’d get engaged to someone who wants things you don’t and then be engaged for years. ~ Liz ~

5. Feewer says

I thought she was still dating Sacha Baron Cohen. I’ve fallen a little behind, haven’t I?

6. KatieS says

UH-OH! There was a statistic I heard a while back about hollyweird couples…The longer the engagement goes without a wedding date- the more likey the wedding will be called off.

7. Embee says

Just a hunch, but I don’t think they’re going to be getting married anytime soon. She says she’s too busy and that he’s ready and wants a family more than she. She is telling a report this. Not. Good. Not. Respectful.

Wasn’t a bridezilla myself; planned the whole thing in a week and spent the balance of the year enjoying my fiancee and living with the idea of being married. Worked really well for us!

8. Erika1980 says

My fiancee and I were not at all into the whole “big wedding” thing. But we didn’t have much of a choice because he comes from a big family, so we went through the motions doing the preparations, etc. We both were just ready to be married and didn’t want to jump through hoops. But when it came time for the big day, we had a blast and really enjoyed it.

9. lara jane says

I wasn’t a bridezilla but I was definitely caught up in the romance of a wedding, which, in fact, has very little to do with a marriage. It took me a few years to figure that one out! ;)

10. Wonder_Woman says

they sound like a cute couple, I just hope she doesnt put her success way before her fiancee where as to cause arguments

Why make a big deal out of something that fails more then it succeeds? Weddings are not about love, they are about showing off and having people tell you how great and beautiful you are. Insecure women LOVE weddings.