Kim Kardashian Says Having Children Is In Her Future

There will be a time (and it’s creeping up on us) when all these young Hollywood socialites will have children. Just imagine what it will be like when Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, Hayden Panettiere and The Olsen twins are pushing around a stroller. Kim says it is absolutely something that is in her future.

"I think it is such a very unselfish and amazing thing to do. If I couldn’t have kids, I probably would adopt. If I could have my own, I would have my own."

In the meantime, Kim says she is house hunting and has no intention of moving in with her boyfriend, NFL star Reggie Bush.

"I have done this before so I know by trial and error. I don’t think I would ever live with someone unless I’m engaged," Kardashian said. "I’m really firm on that. I have done it before."

Instead, Kardashian says she’s looking for a place to call her own.

"It feels really good to be able to buy a place by myself. It is time for me to move. I have lived in a condo and it’s just time. I’ve always wanted to buy a big house myself and it is so gratifying to be able to. Obviously when you’re home you’re at each other’s house every night. I just think it is so important for a women to keep her independence."

How do you feel about people who move in with their boyfriends? Do you think it’s just part of the relationship growing? Or should women keep their independence like Kim suggests?

Photos by INF

Comments

1. Carmen says

I made sure my boyfriend had a job where he travels and gives me a little time to myself once and a while. except I don’t like it when he’s gone on the weekdays for weeks on end and I only get to see him on weekends, but he’s getting paid really well and it’s good for us to be away from each other sometimes. We’re not planning on getting married so living together is not going to screw up that. We just like having each other around, so I’m pretty sure it will be a successful situation.

Agree. If you’re good enough to live with, then you should be good enough to marry. If not, then get the hell out. To me all that says is low self-esteem.

3. elaine123 says

I am not sure I like the way she characterizes having children as an “unselfish” thing to do, implying that those of us who don’t want to have children are by definition “selfish”. Not cool with that.

• annonymous123 says

Get the fuck over it!! What?? did you have kids and regret it now?!?! Jus cause she has a great life and you people don’t like it, doesn’t mean she’s gonna stop to say, “Oh, sorry that I offended you for saying that”, please get something better to do with your life, like maybe tending to your kids!!!! LMAO

LMAO she wants Reggie to propose so badly. First by dropping hints thru the media, now turning the table and talking about how independent she is. If this doesn’t work I predict a pregnancy scare next.

5. audrey says

I agree, she is always hinting that she wants Reggie to propose. Maybe she does want to live with him and he hasn’t taken the bait on that idea either. Either way I wish people would stop looking to this woman for lifestyle quotes. When did Kim Kardashian become the barometer of how to live your life?

• Anonymous says

THANK YOU!!! SERIOUSLY I THINK PEOPLE ARE JUST……JEALOUS!!!! GET OVER IT ALREADY SHE IS WHO SHE IS, WONDERFUL AND HAS HER OWN LIFE, PEOPLE NEED TO GET ONE OF THEIR OWN, A LIFE THAT IS! :)

Don’t move in with your boyfriend. After seeing the problems it causes, it’s much better to wait. If he wants to live with you, then he should want to marry you.

7. Gisela says

Kim was married before to a music producer and that didn’t work out, I guess that’s where her comments come from. I agree with a poster above who mentioned Kim is so desperate for Reggie to propose and marry her. She doesn’t know what else to say. “yes, I love my independence”…Kim, your words drip of desperation. BTW, just because a woman chooses not to have kids, doesn’t mean she is selfish. I think Kim’s brain is in her gigantic behind.

8. hexkitten says

I think whether or not one moves in with a partner depends on expectations. If one person is moving in and thinking, “This will lead to an engagement” while the other person is thinking, “Sweet! Rent just went down by half!” then things could get ugly. In that case, it’s probably better to maintain separate residences until the goals are the same.

9. elaine123 says

Speak for yourself. you and your boyfriend may have had a terrible go of it, but don’t generalize.

10. hkay says

It is NOT the same. You would think so until you actually move in with someone. The simple fact that there is no more “your place” to go back to is a big deal.

11. elaine123 says

It’s not the same thing at all. The fact that you have your own house to retreat to is where the independence and empowerment comes in.

12. Ellie says

Okay… so she likes the whole “independence” and living by herself yet she mentions that they’re at each others houses all the time. Isn’t that pretty much like living together? If you’re going to spend the night every single night than you might as well move it. Idiot. =^_^=

13. merce369 says

Don’t know any of them personally, so i wouldn’t be sure to say if they are ready for chidlren.

14. babydre says

I moved out with my fiance before we got married because I wanted to make sure we were able to deal with being together 24/7. And I’m glad we did, we learned so much about each other and grew closer and closer.

15. YAYI says

I really dont care about this chick much or what she might have to say cause personally shes the most talentless of the bunch, but i think in a way shes right. Theres nothing better than to have a life of your own and some independence before you become someones wife.

People who live together before marriage have a higher rate of divorce than people who don’t. Known fact.

17. misschristina says

I can see what the above commenters are saying, and while I can’t speak for her (and I don’t really care what she does in her personal life) I like the idea of not living with someone until you at least get engaged. I have a friend who’s lived with every boyfriend she’s had, then I figure, what’s going to be so different about being married?

The idea of not living with someone until marriage is appealing, and it’s not a religion thing, definitely, but I think it saves something special for marriage. I think I’d like to have a place, have a boyfriend have a place and spend like two nights a week at eachother’s, then have a few nights to myself. A lot of people say you have to live with someone to know if you can marry them, I don’t know, haven’t gotten that far yet ;)

18. tati says

not true, i lived with my then husband for 4 years before we got married. it will be 18 years in August

19. elaine123 says

I cracked up when i checked out your ray fowler site. It’s a Christian preaching site!!!! What do expect the conservative right wing Christians to say….that it’s OK to live “in sin” with your fiance before getting married. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and honestly was curious as to your source, but I am walking away laughing now. That’s preposterous. Too funny. You need a reality check.

20. marydoll512 says

Wow, Congrats for the 18 yrs commitment! I am going on 7 yrs of living wit my BF. SO far we can’t get enough of each other. Let’s see what happens when we tie knot! I don’t think much will change with us .. I think you don’t really know a person’s quirks until you LIVE with them. I want to know EVERYTHING I’m getting into! That is just me!

21. elaine123 says

No, I didn;t bother. As soon as I saw it was a twisted Christian site, I got off. I have since heard though that it may be true enough. I just would never trust that kind og stat from that site.

22. hexkitten says

I did a quick Google search because I’d often heard the same thing. I came up with this link with the following information:

Divorce is more likely when women marry at a younger age (48% of brides married before age 18 divorce in 10 years, compared to 24% married at age 25 or later), have a lower level of education, come from a single-parent home (12% more likely), were raped (same for all three ethnic groups), suffer from GAD, had a child before marriage or within 7 months of the marriage, and cohabitated before marriage (18% for non-cohabitators versus 24% for cohabitators)

23. Wonder_Woman says

yea bet it is gratifying to have your daddy or nfl player hubby buy you a new house. by the way vera, most of the women you posted: Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, and The Olsen twins – i cant see them having normal children without some mental problems or addictins.

24. lis says

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being cautious. However, if you two are that committed already perhaps it is time to sit down and discuss the future.

25. emches says

I think it’s totally essential for a couple to live together…..WHAT, does she not want to be accounted for when she’s out doing her own thing……sounds like she has something to hide if you ask me. Accountability is a major factor to a relationship. She really shouldn’t be talking kids if she can’t even commit to a relationship. Kids are a life time commitment! —em’s

26. annonymous123 says

Obviously you do for the FACT, that you did come on here and had the 2-3 minutes of your time to write what you had written….DUMBASS! HA HA!! :P