Ryan Reynolds Is Hoping Scarlett Johansson Will Quit Smoking

Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson are coming up on their one year anniversary together. And as a gift, Ryan has asked Scarlett for one little thing!

"Scarlett has
sworn to her shining knight she’ll kick
nicotine to prove she’s the
world’s happiest wife. Now she’s researching hypnosis therapy."

Good luck to Scarlett with that! Although with people I know who smoke, someone else asking them to quit has never been reason enough…they’ve really had to want to do it themselves.

If you quit smoking, how did you find success?

Photos by INF.

Comments

1. darbi4packers says

I smoked for a couple of years but only because all my sorority sisters did. How stupid. My daughter found a pack of cigs and asked whose they were. I told her they were my friend’s and my daughter said, “Doesn’t she know that’s bad for her?” I figured if a six-year-old knew that then I should, too. That’s all it took and I haven’t had one in years and have no desire to. I agree with previous posters- the smoker has to want to quit for themselves.

I asked my husband to quit when we started dating, and he stopped completely a month later. He said he realized that he wanted as many healthy years as possible with me, so it was an easy choice.

3. sherry says

I used the patch. It has been over 10 years since I quit, and I am so happy i did!!!

***Sherry

I would never ask anyone to quit smoking for me…that’s why I don’t date smokers in the first place. I already know it’s not something I can deal with so why bother going down that road. There was a study released a few weeks ago that said if one partner smokes and the other one doesn’t they have a higher rate of divorce.

5. hexkitten says

My husband quit three years ago. To help with the transition, he also quit certain behaviors that usually accompanied his smoking, like drinking. After the first month, he no longer felt the urge to light up.

6. Nicole says

I smoked a little bit when I was a stupid teenager (because my friend did), and then I realized how dumb it was and that I needed my health for running track. But even though that was about 10 years ago, I still, every once in a while want a cigarette. I only smoked, maybe ten whole cigarettes in that time, and I still crave it. That’s how addicting it is. Crazy. I wish her the best! If my sister could do it, she can!

i dont understand why its so hard to quit… My wife wanted me to stop and I stopped that day, never smoked again… that was two years ago.

8. merce369 says

I can’t say i know much about smoking, never did, my husband doesn’t smoke either. But i do know that for some people it’s very hard to quit, so hopefully Scarlett won’t be one of those and it’d be easier for her to do.

9. maggie says

I asked my husband to quit or I’m leaving (he was my boyfriend at the time) and he quit….that was 8 years ago. I’m so proud of him because I know how difficult it was.

Zyban is the same as Wellbutrin. Some insurance companies won’t cover Zyban but will cover Wellbutrin. I know I took Wellbutrin for 2 months and kicked a 15 year habit without any problems. For me it was a miracle.

11. misschristina says

I quit a month ago. Prices of a pack were going up, and I refused to pay $12.50 for a pack. I’m cheap. So whatever reason, is a good reason I think!

12. AliceW says

I still smoke but only two a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. I guess I could stop but I like it. It keeps me regular ;-) ….. I remember those days too, where you could smoke everywhere, even on a plane.

13. emdred says

I quit on someone elses behalf. I wanted kids and could never smoke while pregnant or would want them to see me smoking. So I got Zyban and kicked the habit. It was very hard, but I kept busy and that seemed to help a lot.

The ONLY thing that worked for me was Chantix. It’s now been 2 years since I took my last drag. There are times that I would love to take a drag of one but then I think to myself, It took so many years to quit- why go back now?

15. Danie says

I don’t smoke, and so I have no idea how hard it can be, personally. I have watched friends attempt to quit. Not fun :( Best of luck!

Chantix! My fiance and I quit together and both used Chantix after it came recommended from some friends. It worked so well, we didn’t finish the whole prescription. I will say though that it is not a miracle drug, and even with Chantix, you have to take that last step yourself–of saying, no more. Even drugs won’t do that for you, so if you’re not ready, nothing will work.

We also bought bikes for ourselves (after putting money we used to spend on cigareettes in a jar)–best decision ever. We ride our bikes everywhere now and don’t even think about cigarettes.

Good luck to Scarlett.

I smoked more on than off for 25 years, I quit smoking and then after gaining weight would pick up the nasty habit once again. My granddaughter told me she wanted me to quit smoking because I was going to die if I continued. I finally had enough pressure from that adorable 10 year-old I decided it was enough. I used nicotine gum and exercise. I jog every morning and take a combination of vitamin B-12, D, C, and E – I also drink at least 5 glasses a water a day. A positive mindset and not to think about quitting smoking is a large factor. If you continue to focus on smoking you will fail, get involved, get a hobby, get a new interest that occupies your hands and mind. And never give up.

Chantix. I have quit many times but with Chantix it has been the longest I have been without it

19. battleflag says

I am right in the middle of quitting, Ive not smoked for 3 weeks and its the hardest thing I have ever done. I still want to smoke now but I know its for the good of my health, keeping busy and doing more exercise has really helped. Good luck to her :)

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing in your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!

Fantastic web site. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your effort!

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really know what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my web site =). We will have a hyperlink alternate contract between us

23. Anonymous26 says

I new a guy who by his wife’s story,didn’t smoke for 10 years already,even though he smoked a whole pack during his working hours…

24. bgduckie_01 says

i’ve never smoked and i hate it when ppl smoke around me. it really gives me a bad headache and makes me nauseous. but i do understand that sometimes it’s hard to break an addiction.

25. clarinetkim says

I remember back before smoking become unpopular, and all the really strange places you COULD smoke. You could smoke in the hair salon while you were getting your hair cut or under the dryer (the dryers had ashtrays built right in the arm of the chairs), or you could smoke in just about any restuarant or club. OR if you took the gamblers’ bus from CA to Reno, as soon as you crossed into Nevada the front half of the bus was allowed to light up. Amazing. I quit in my mid-twenties, and luckily it wasn’t difficult for me. I just got tired of my hair and clothes always smelling like smoke, even after I washed them. I know many more though that had a much harder time quiting or have repeatedly quit only to start back up again.

26. CapturingLife says

I smoked from the time I was 15. I quit almost 2 years ago now. I used the patch. It is VERY hard to kick an addiction and I still have cravings this long later. But there’s no way I’m screwing up and starting all over again – no matter how badly I’d love to. I wish her lots of luck!

I don’t smoke, but a lot of my (college educated, 20 something) friends do. I’m surprised at just how many! They should really know better, but I don’t push it. My grandfather recently battled lung cancer, but nobody knew the dangers of smoking back when he started decades ago. I understand it’s really hard to quit, but they can try the lozenge or something. http://www.healthbeautyncs.com/rd_p?p=186122&t=9530&a=21337-imnotobsessed&gift=21337

Thankfully my bf is also a nonsmoker! :)

28. loveshine1 says

I quit smoking on my honeymoon. We were on a 2 week trip through the Mediterranean, and everywhere we went people were smoking. In every restaurant, on every street — it was just disgusting!

After that, I was so turned off to smoking, I never smoked again!

That made you quit smoking? seeing everybody smoking?? that is too weird. Nowadays they won’t let you smoke in public places in Europe too…which is good. But as a smoker, in some cases, that made me even more angry. I had to wait in a airport for 3 hours to get on a plane and they didn’t let me smoke outside, inside I understand…but outside…come on!

30. emches says

Yeah, I’ve never known someone to quit on someone else’s behalf. They have to want to quit on their own. Good luck to her. —em’s

31. smp209 says

so true, my ex-boyfriend used to smoke like a fiend and no matter how hard i tried to get him to quit he never quite made it, he just stopped doing it in front of me

32. Jessy D22 says

I hope she can quit smoking and stick to it. It is such a hard habit to kick and a lot of people end up giving up. Wish her luck with that!

33. Dick Bukake says

Ryan Reynolds needs to shut his annoying mouth. He is a douchebag and should be very glad that Scarlett Johansson decided to marry him. She could have done a lot better, plus he has dragged her career down while he is now making a comeback.

34. YAYI says

I quit for a month and picked it up again. I swear is the hardest habit ever. I need to quit for me and to stay healthy for my son.

35. C. says

There is a homeopathic remedy blend that helps to quit that contains: Tabacum — Controls the body’s desire for tobacco &

– Nux vomica and Lobelia — Reduce the body’s craving for nicotine. You can get it in a health food store or online. Here’s one link: http://www.homeocare.com/ez-quit-smoking-4-pack-homeopathic-pr-39.html There are different products out there. Check with a reputable health food rep near you. It is an expensive nasty habit. Save your money and go on a nice vacation.

I stopped smoking with The Stop Smoking Specialist, he asked me if I thought I was addicted to nicotine, I of course said that I was, he then went on to explain what’s really happening with regard to nicotine. He has a video on his website which is fascinating, his website is called stopsmokingspecialist.com

When I booked he gave me a confirmation pack which contained lots of stuff to help me to prepare for my session, part of that pack was a CD with two tracks, the first track explained everything about what he did and how he did it, by the time I had heard it I knew exactly what was going to happen when I turned up for my appointment.

The second track was a relaxation track, he insisted that I listen to that track at least three times before I come in for my session. He wanted me to be comfortable relaxing, because the only thing I’ll need to do when I go in for my session, is I’m going to need to be able to relax and because I’ve done it three times already, that won’t be a problem.

It only took one session and that only lasted about 45 mins and I am now free from cigarettes, I feel fitter and stronger an have a lot more money.

I was a three-pack a day chain smoker for more years than I care to mention. Actually more of them burned up in the ashtray than I smoked but that doesn’t make that situation any better. I prayed for over two years that the nasty addiction would be taken away from me because I didn’t think I had the strength to do it on my own. I found myself one evening in a situation where I would have normally excused myself to go outside and smoke but didn’t. I couldn’t even figure out what was happening at the time. It was just too strange. Anyway, that was six years ago. I never once craved them, thought about them, etc. I believe in the power of prayer and I tell this story as often as possible as it was quite simply a blessing from God.

38. Nanea says

I used to smoke a hard-to-come-by British brand, about a pack a day. One day, a colleague asked me if I minded giving him one, so I handed my half full pack over to him and said I was done, which surprised me most of all. That was 10 years ago. I have never thought about it again, didn’t crave anything, didn’t put on weight, nothing.

I got the shot! I have no idea what was in it but it pretty much kept you wasted enough to not feel the first week of agony from withdrawel. It has been almost 4 years since I smoked. $450 of good money. I would have paid double. When you’re ready, you’re ready.

There is an awesome book by Alan Carr called “Easy Way to Quit Smoking”. You smoke while you read it and it disproves all the lies we tell ourselves to justify smokig. By the time you ar done, if you had any true desire to give it up, you will!

41. DonnaJ says

Yes, and there was a time when you could smoke in hospitals and supermarkets too.

I’ve tried to quit so many times and I always go back to it. Sucks hard.