Kourtney Kardashian “Agonized” About Her Pregnancy

Now this is something you don’t hear many people talking about, even reality TV stars. Yet Kourtney Kardashian openly admits that when she found out she was pregnant, she considered getting an abortion.

"I definitely thought about it long and hard, about if I wanted to keep
the baby or not, and I wasn’t thinking about adoption," Kardashian, 30,
who was shooting E!’s Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami at the
time, tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I do think every woman should have the
right to do what they want, but I don’t think it’s talked through
enough. I can’t even tell you how many people just say, ‘Oh, get an
abortion.’ Like it’s not a big deal."

The baby’s father, Scott Disick, was supportive of Kourtney, the reality TV star says.

"He wanted me to talk about it more, but I just kept to myself," she
says. "He said, ‘I really want you to keep it, but I will support you
whatever you decide to do.’ "

Kourtney says she consulted with her physician before doing further research on abortion on the internet.

"I looked online, and I was sitting on the bed hysterically crying,
reading these stories of people who felt so guilty from having an
abortion," she recalls. "I was reading these things of how many people
are traumatized by it afterwards."

After scouring the Internet, Kardashian says she started to
realize that an abortion wasn’t an option for her. "I was just sitting
there crying, thinking, ‘I can’t do that,’ " she says. "And I felt in
my body, this is meant to be. God does things for a reason, and I just
felt like it was the right thing that was happening in my life."

Now this is reality. We hear so often about celebrities getting pregnant and then getting married or having the child that we forget there’s often a tough choice that has to be made first.

Is this TMI for you or do you think it was brave of Kourtney to acknowledge this process?

Photos by INF

Comments

1. Tanis says

It’s good of her to come forward with this, it’s very personal, so I respect her for that. I would like to hear the reasons why she considered abortion.

2. yep yep says

haha I really don’t think people should be judging her for “forgetting to take the pill” that’s no proof of how she will be as a mother. I’m sure 99% of the people on here have forgotten their pill or had unprotected sex. It happens. I think this is really going to make her mature and grow up and show her another side of life. I admire the fact that she’s been totally honest about all of this since the beginning. It shows that she really is a REAL person, and she didn’t just say “well screw the child I’ll abort it” and she didn’t say “oh i’m pregnant but I don’t want it, but i’ll have it anyway and pay a nanny to take care of it” she actually THOUGHT through everything before she made up her mind! I think she’ll be a great mom, and the child will have a lot of family to show them love <3

I think it’s really good that she talks about it so “normal” people don’t think they’re monsters if they consider abortion.
    I’m think abortion is an issue that we talk more about in Denmark than you do in USA, and quite a few danish celebs have talked about how they totally freaked out and considered abortion when they found out they were pregnant. I think that’s a normal reaction if you didn’t plan the pregnancy, and I’m 100% sure that I would get an abortion if I fell pregnant cause I’m still in uni and think I’m way too young for kids (I’m 23).

If she did not want a baby so much as to consider abortion, then she should have been more diligent in taking her birth control pills. What an idiot. Just goes to show that some people should not procreate.

5. AnnaA says

i don’t understand those of you who says it’s hard on the child reading about this when he/she grows up… He/she will read that his/hers mom thought about adobtion but then chose to have the kids, that means the kid is wanted. That’s a good thing!
    There’s a LOT of kids whose parents didn’t plan the pregnancy, maybe they would have wanted an abortion but didn’t have the option (religion, money, etc.), and maybe they were thrilled to find out about the pregnancy, but I’m sure that a lot of the parents was shocked when they first found out, this is no different!

6. Gigi says

Kourtney, you are a 30 year old woman, when are you going to grow up. Kris Jenner ……… let your air-head daughter get the lead out!!
    #1 She gets pregnant because she “forgot to take the pill”, hello what did you think would happen?
    #2 Oh, I’m pregnant, and my loser boyfriend is always cheating on me, so I don’t know if I should keep my baby.
    #3 I am so slow-mow that I don’t know if I will be able to take care of it, so maybe I shouldn’t have it.
    What the hell Kourtney, please grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!! and stop saying stupid things, I thought you were smarter than that.

7. elaine123 says

I personally thought that she approached this decision-making in a very mature, level-headed way. Granted, she should have been thinking the same way before she had sex with him, but there’s nothing immature about the way she has handled the situation once she knew she was pregnant..

Yeah, so brave of her to talk about it, especially when she has a new show to promote.

9. Anonymiss says

I reckon there’s better ways to promote a show than getting pregnant and talking about abortion. she should’ve just showed her flange

It’s not like she didn’t know how to create a kid. Uh.. didn’t she have a scare or two on that show. After that mess I would have made sure it didn’t happen again. And I really would have made sure, I didn’t get pregnant by that loser, she was Matlockin on that one episode. If I can’t trust you as my man. I surely can’t trust you as being a father to my child.

I understand her being scared and uncertain but honestly Kourtney is 30 years old, comes from a weathly family but has her own career and adult responsiblities.

Yet she acts like a pregnant teen looking to abortion as an alternative means for birth control because she forgot to take her pill and had unprotected sex.

I have the feeling her baby will mature into adulthood before she does.

12. Court says

I don’t think she sat there and said “Well if I get pregnant, I can have an abortion”. She went about it as mature as possible by weighing her options. I’m 32 years old, have a stable career, married…but I would have to weigh my options too. Just because you get pregnant doesn’t mean you can actually care for a child. There’s a lot that goes into weighing your options. For her to admit that that was something she thought of, doesn’t mean anything. You weigh options everyday. Some are bigger than others. And I don’t think her child should have to worry about hearing that in the future at all. The child will feel bless with the decision she made. Many of you won’t see that but being that child myself made me feel pretty special.

13. YAYI says

I for once agree with this chick. I mean she didn’t have to share this with anyone yet she choosed to be honest about it. Abortion is a very serious decision to make. She acted like a mature responsable woman. Im glad shes keeping it :-)

14. Manimal says

Interesting to hear her kindof bare her soul to the public. Not many celebs, fake or real, would do that. Kinda neat of her.

15. elaine123 says

What is she wearing??? that dress (or is it a shirt) is too short to wear with those prosti-pumps. .. and no bra??? She looks like a wh.o.re on 14th street (that’s where they troll here in D.C., or so I’m told). On the other hand, I do agree with Manimal that it is brave of her to reveal all this inner turmoil.

16. bgduckie_01 says

well i just think it’s brave of her to talk about that so openly knowing that later on in life the kid will read it and know what her options were. good for her for doing research and thinking it through and not just being a brat and doing whatever she wants.
    how can she walk in those shoes while being pregnant? they’re so high. i probably wouldnt be able to walk in those ha.

17. Wonder_Woman says

I agee guys, this is actually pretty personal stuff that I wouldnt see a celeb really open up about. I just grew a little respect for her

18. kiki says

Has hell frozen over? I never thought there would be a day when I would actually agree with something that came out of this girl mouth. I agree 100% with her first statement. Like, I do agree abortion should be a woman’s choice but there are too many that make that decision like it is no big deal. And, it should be. It makes my blood boil when I hear people say, ‘Oh, you don’t want that baby? Just abort it.’ WTF? SMDH. People need to start taking responsibility for their actions and taking the necessary precautions to prevent pregnancies in the first place. Women need to hold higher expectations for the men they choose to have kids with or lay down with. I have seen her show and this boy is not father/husband material. Sorry. All she has done is set her child up for having a dead beat dad. Or, set her child up for having to go back and forth between his/her parents for the rest of its life because he will never settle down with her. UGH. I wouldn’t be caught dead having sex with this boy, let alone unprotected sex.

19. Gisela says

Abortion is a private choice for a woman to decide and not for anyone to judge. Regardless of how many times she makes that choice; God will judge her accordingly.

20. Wonder_Woman says

I cant see it yet… its scarlete before those dumb@ss directors told her to lose weight for the role in iron man 2. of course, if you take her face off and add mine, its the exact copy of me lmao.

21. C. says

Ditto! I am glad she’s being real about it and not glamorizing it. It is not the best or easiest way to begin a new life as a family under this kind of pressure. I hope there is true love there and not just obligation.