Amy Poehler Filming Parks and Recreations

The season premieres on September 17th and Amy Poehler is hard at work making sure the show is television ready in Pasadena, California. The SNL comedian is starring in the NBC comedy, ‘Parks and Recreation’ and you can actually watch a sneak peek here.

The new half-hour comedy will examine the mundane but necessary ways that people interact with their government, and ask why it’s frequently so complicated — as everyone knows from standing in line at the DMV, applying for home construction permits, or trying to get the city to fix a pothole.

What do you think? Something you might tune in for?

Photos by WENN.com

Comments

1. Lose That Girl says

Debbie Downer was played by Rachel Dratch, not Kristen Wiig. I tried to watch ‘Parks and Recreation’ but it just seemed like an ‘Office’ wannabee. Unlike the ‘Office’, it wasn’t funny *at all*. I found it annoying. Amy deserves better. losethatgirl blog

2. AnotherDirtyMartini says

I’ll wait to hear reviews and then see. Last time I watched a movie w/Tina Fey and Amy Poehler (Baby Mama) and I thought, they’re so funny, it has to be good! WRONG!

3. yuka says

Are you kidding????? “Parks and Recreation” is HILARIOUS. At first glance it may SEEM like The Office, but Amy’s character Leslie is way less lamely dumb than Michael Scott. She’s so earnest and her antics are so naively funny. DEFINITELY TUNE IN!!! You can also watch the entire first season on hulu.com. I just re-watched all of it yesterday and found it even more entertaining the second time around. It grows on you!

Amidst all the Oracle/Sun/MySQL news today, the MySQL Conference kicks off this week. So I just spent a few minutes putting together my picks for the sessions I’d like to attend at the MySQL Conference and the Percona Performance Conference (schedule). There’s quite a lineup and I have some hard choices to make. Both groups have put together excellent events. And, wow, there are a lot of new storage engines and appliances coming out. To make my life easier, I’m…

5. sweet kiddo says

she’s funny but i’d like to know where is the woman that did debbie downer ..girl was HILARIOUS

I don’t stay up late enough for SNL, so I’ve only seen her once. She was doing that rap thing, and it was pretty funny. I’d give her show a try.

7. randinotobsessed says

i’ve never really been a fan however, she was hilarious as hilary clinton back when they did those skits.

Trackbacks