Martha Stewart Apologizes To Jessica Simpson About Dog Comment

When Martha Stewart found out about Jessica Simpson losing her dog to a coyote, she said that the singer should have been more careful.

“It’s pretty sad. She should have watched it more closely, though. She should have been more careful.”

“Get another dog. I think it’s very important to get another dog, someone else to love. You just have to find the dog that’s the right match for you.”

Now that it’s pretty clear that Daisy is not returning to her owner, Martha wanted to apologize for her insensitivity. She also to squash any feud rumors.

I said that she should have been watching her dog more closely, but I feel very, very sorry for anybody that loses a pet,” she said Thursday. “Jessica, I hope you find your pet, but if you don’t, I’m really sorry that you lost one.”

I still feel terribly for Jessica, but I am sure work is keeping her busy. Do you think she will get another dog?

Photos by INF

Comments

1. hunt111 says

I think she will eventually, but seriously doubtful it would be right away. I think getting another right away would be a mistake.

2. Ellie says

It’s Martha Stewart… jeez, she knows what it’s like to lose a dog so I don’t see how that’s “insensitive”

3. sweet kiddo says

she shouldn’t have said that jessica had to watch her dog more closely ..the girl already probably feel like shit because of it ,no need to put some more than there aready is

4. Nicole says

Yeah, I think she’ll eventually get another dog, but for now, she needs time to heal, she must be going through so much. I’m glad Martha Stewart realized her mistake and apologized. Good for her.

5. Nimbus says

So wat if you don’t like wat Ellie has got to say….. I have the same reaction with alot of peoples comments here (yes including you DonnaJ and sweet Kiddo…) So wat…. She has the right to her opinion and comments so just get off her back….

6. elaine123 says

No kidding. I don;t think i’ve ever a comment from Ellie that I don’t just shake my head and say “what the hell…”

7. bgduckie_01 says

that’s good she apologized. yeah, i think jessica will eventually get another dog but not any time soon.

8. Kat G says

I live in Tucson and there is nothing NOTHING, short of training your little dog to use a litter box and never letting it go outside, that you can do to completely prevent a coyote from taking your small pet. They’ve been known to snatch them right off leashes from people as they go for a walk. It happens in an instant.

Jessica has shown more dedication and affection to her dog than most people–famous or not–do and deserves to be treated with compassion.

9. dieselchicklett says

I’m glad Martha cleared up what she said because it did come off as insensitive. She made it seem like it was her mistake. I’m not sure where the dog was taken but if it was in her backyard or something how would she know that her dog was going to be taken by a coyote??

10. Lose That Girl says

Getting another dog does help with the healing process. A new pet never replaces the one that passed away but it does help. As for the coyote, if you live in an area that has wild animals roaming about, you do have to be extra careful of predators grabbing your pets. Just common sense. When visiting family who live with lots of wildlife nearby, we keep our dog on a leash in their yard. Better to be safe than sorry. And if you have a small dog/cat, you have to be even more diligent. I feel so sorry for Jess — just the worst way to lose your pet.