Angelina Jolie Is Back In Contact With Her Father

Angelina Jolie has been estranged from her father, actor Jon Voight, for quite some time now (reportedly over his cheating on her mother, Marcheline Bertrand). According to UK paper The Sun, she has finally started to have some contact with him after she concluded “families have to be earned.”

“We’re in contact now and writing letters. My parents gave me a strong social conscience as well as any acting genes I may have. Both my parents were very focused on helping other people and supported charities all their lives.”

However, one thing Angelina is determined not to do is raise her children the way she was raised.

“I don’t want them raised as children who have ‘movie star’ parents. I grew up around that myself and I want to make sure ours are removed from it.”

Good luck with that! Actually, all kidding aside, they do seem to have as normal a lifestyle as they can with their careers and all the traveling.

Photos by INF

Comments

1. Ariel says

I disagree. There are some things that I don’t think a child should be exposed to, even from a grandparent.

2. Ariel says

Why does it seem so hard for people to accept that maybe Angie didn’t break up Jen and Brad? Maybe they were already heading for splitsville because Brad wanted a family and Jen cared more about her career. We don’t sit around bashing Jen for not making babies with her husband, though.

Anyhow, I’m glad that Jolie and her dad are trying to make amends.

3. switchstance5 says

It seems like they’ve done a really good job with keeping their kids far from the spotlight – and I think that’s a great thing for the kids.

4. Rita says

I never thought she was a homewrecker and I’ll never believe it! I know that I’m in the minority but who cares! As long as she reconciles with her dad, that’s all that matters to me, I think she is a great mother who is rasing her kids to be open minded and simple. I wouldn’t want a spoled little brat like Suri!

I suggest you take off the rose colored glasses too, Rita. Angie and brad are the most deceitful celebs and the worst parents out there. The image they are deceitfully projecting to the world is one of what you described…of parents raising their kids to be open minded and simple who doesn’t want a spoiled little brat like Suri and which obviously their intelligence challenged loons like yourself bought hook, line and sinker. Every time angie is pictured with those kids, they are always out shopping at toys a us, jetting all over the world, living in mansions while pretending by dressing their kids down to deceive people and appear like they’re simple and down to earth. How many time do you see Suri shopping for toys and jetting all over the world, or for a day of outing, flying in planes ??? Grounded, simple and unspoiled, my ass. Talk about pulling wools over people’s eyes! Brandgelina are self-aggrandizing scums, users and bad parents who values their reps and put it above their children. They would rather have their children appear like rug rats to fool the world than let people see how greedy and self-indulgent they really are. They can’t even keep their children and their geriatric asses out of the media, even in France where she’s using pretend shopping with the children and her personal photographer tagging along, to stay relevant in the news. An unnecessary task that should have been relegated to the house keeper or order and delivery service. There goes the “keeping the children out spotlight” double talk, it ain’t gonna happen, they are both media hores,

6. DonnaJ says

Its time to take off the rose colored glasses, Rita. Also, please don’t wish people to be simple, its really not a compliment.

7. maiah912 says

I do think even if a son or a daughter has issues with his/her parent, it shouldn’t ever affect the grandchildren–that is just sad.

I never thought she is homewrecker I alwaysw belived the marriage is long before. That is why non of her firends or ja herself can’t say it clear and loud.Anyways that is old history.
    I am happy Angie is mending her relationship with her dad. It is true she came from strong acting background and grew up in hollywood.They seems nice parents. They are always together and their kids looks happy and well taken care of. They have 6 kids that is 7 birthday including the two of them. That is a lot of gift buying by itself. We don’t see them going shopping everyday or we don’t see thier pics in daily basis unlike we see others. They seem down to earth and are very charitable couple. I love them. May god bless them.

Take a chill pill this is just a public blog. we have seen suri all over austriallia and now we are getting a daily dosage of her in boston as we all know they use her for their own…. but neither katie or tom came from movie star parents they probably don’t know how growing up like that can affect you …

why you like to make everything about Angie controversial? she even said she didn’t hate him for what happend between her mother and him. Their fall of come for things what happend between the two of them.
    I would want to them to be civil. Brad and Angie are good parents. They are always together. Their kids seems well taken care off.

11. Monica says

I am sad for people who are estranged from family members. You never know what could happen and then you’ll be sorry.

12. Ariel says

It takes two to “wreck” a home, and we don’t even know if this is the case. Brad may have been on his way out anyways and the timing just made it seem like she swooped in and seduced him.

So people like Angelina and her father aren’t allowed to have the same situations happen that people outside of show business have all the time??? There are things like that in lots of families that eventually are healed. Lots of kids shun the parent who cheated on their other parent – get a grip folks!!! And Brad was the homewrecker. He was the married one, and the one who chose to leave Baby Girl Aniston.

14. elaine123 says

I was thinking the exact same thing, Donna. If that’s not the height of hypocrisy, I don’t know what is.

15. Ariel says

Did she? Only Brad and Jennifer know for sure. They could have been discussing a separation (or already enacted one) and Angelina just sped along the process.

16. Angee says

“…. families have to be earned?” Really? Didn’t she “steal” from the Pitt Aniston’s family?

17. DonnaJ says

Correction, they BOTH are homewreckers and she knowingly entered into a relationship with a married man, so that makes her a slut too. You should get a hold of the grip yourself.

why you like to drag jennifer diease here. damn it! Angie and her father didn’t fall off because what he did to his mother but to her. She said it many times herself. Jennifer aniston fall of with her mother because she said to her she is not a natural beauty imagine. Angie father called her worst thing in national tv.

19. Helen says

What ever the reasons for their distance, it’s good they try to amend it. I learned that too late.

20. bgduckie_01 says

who said that? i just mean that i see the kids wearing clothes that dont look expensive compared to like suri for example.

trust. those kids do not wear cheap clothes. they may look like crap but they cost a lot.

22. bgduckie_01 says

that’s true…some clothes can look like crap and cost a lot (just like in the style section in INO lol).

23. Linda123 says

This is an old quote. I remember she said something similar awhile ago. Angelina and her father have a lot of problems. It wasn’t just his cheating(absent father, emotional abuse, etc). It’s funny how people think Brad and Eddie Cibrian are helpless victims who were stolen by other women. Why aren’t men held responsible for their own actions? Who’s to say they weren’t the aggressors? Billybob was never married to Laura Dern. I keep hearing conflicting information of whether or not they were brokenup. Also Laura’s current husband was married to his pregnant wife when he started dating her.

24. OutInLeftField says

I know I’m in the minority but I think Brad and Angie are wonderful parents. Sure, they seem to be in the spotlight a lot, but I don’t think that’s their fault. They take their kids with them everywhere they go. They even manage to find one-on-one time with each kid which most celebrities who only have one child don’t do. I love seeing them with their children and getting their children involved in all the charities and civic duties they perform.

I do agree that the married men (i.e. Brad, Eddie) are more at fault than their female partners, but going out with any married man, especially one with children, is disgusting, so I could never think highly of either party involved.
    I think Voigt cheating on her mom was was at the heart of their estrangement years ago, but the most recent falling out was over him going on TV and saying she needed mental help and that he was worried about her kids. Not the best way to express concern about family.