Kelly Osbourne Needs To Stay Busy

Kelly Osbourne fears she will turn to drink and drugs when ‘Dancing with the Stars’ ends. The 25-year-old is concerned she will lapse back into substance abuse when she has more time on her hands but is doing her best to avoid repeating her self-destructive habits.

“When I’m busy and not left with me in my own head I’m fine. I worry about when the show stops – slipping back into negativity, drink and drugs. I’m taking precautions so I won’t get in that position. My life when I drink is so dark and miserable.”

Although Kelly has been sober since she left a rehab clinic in February, she has no problem with others drinking alcohol around her and has even postponed her wedding to 19-year-old Luke Worrall until he is old enough to drink in America, where the legal age is 21. Kelly – who mainly lives in the US – told Britain’s The Sun newspaper:

“Luke and I are engaged and we’ll get married when I want to. But he isn’t even 21 yet, so he can’t drink in America so what’s the point in getting married until he can?”

Luke turns 21 in December 2011.

Photos by INF

Comments

1. DonnaJ says

What part of the USA do you live in? You could never get away with that bullshit where I live. LOL!

2. Kat Little says

Yup you can drink in the US if your spouse is over 21 if you are with your spouse. I was got married at 18. My husband is a lot older than I am. We’ve been together 6 years now. But point being, Anon is correct. If you are married in the USA and your spouse is over 21 you can drink, just like if you’re out with your parents in the USA and they say you can drink you are allowed to.

3. ashkam says

ummmm… 19 is pretty young to commit to someone for the rest of your life- good thing it’s going to be a long engagement.

4. LauraN says

I would be more concerned about marrying that young instead of whether he can drink or not in the U.S. And if it was that big a deal, get married in the U.K.!

5. LauraN says

I was there when I was 16 and we went to a pub and no one looked twice or asked for any age ID. Wiki says it is 18 over there for purchase, but that in private you only have to be over 5 (!!!!).

If they are “waiting until he turns 21″ in 2011, I doubt they will actually be getting married. Waiting to drink in the US is such a B.S. excuse. I do hope she is able to stay clean/sober.

7. sweet kiddo says

hope she won’t relapse ,she’s such a funny little thing when she doesn’t drink ..at least she knows what alcool and drugs does to her so she might do what it takes to stay away from them

8. dieselchicklett says

she needs to stay positive and continue on the right path. I also hope that they’re both mature enough to even consider marriage. 19 is very young, he still has a lot of growing up to do. Best of luck to them.

Aren’t you allowed to drink if your spouse is over 21? So wouldn’t he be allowed to drink then?

I never realized people put such importance on drinking? As in what is the point in getting married if he “isn’t old enough to drink?” Shouldn’t it be just waiting to get married “when we are more mature?”

11. NiazaDG says

Waiting till 21 so he can drink?@ I think that alone lets you know they’re not mature enough to even be thinking about marriage!