Sarah Jessica Parker Regrets Doing SATC Sequel So Soon

Us Weekly shared a few more snippits from Sarah Jessica Parker’s Glamor interview. She talked about returning to work so soon after her girls were born.

She admits she didn’t realize how hard it would be to begin filming SATC only two months after her twins’ June birth.

” It’s been amazing but complicated because of my current work schedule, which I have enormous regrets about,”

“Nothing can really describe what it’s like to have two new little girls,” she says. “It’s been very different than when James arrived, since our family expanded in an untraditional way. We didn’t plan on having two, but were doubly blessed, and it’s been just wonderful.”

I’m sure that even though she might have nannies to help her, it was quite a juggling act to be working so soon after their birth!

Am I the only one who gets irked when the media always needs to say “the adopted children of..” or “the surrogate-born ..”?? Why do they always feel this need to label it like that? I used to hear that a lot with Connor and Isabella Cruise and it drove me bonkers. They are Tom and Nicole’s children – why does “adopted” have to be tacked onto it every time? I noticed it in this article about Sarah’s girls (they said “her surrogate-born twin daughters”) and it bugged me so I needed to get that off my chest. lol!

Photos by INF

Comments

1. bia says

Maybe they were just trying to make sure people knew what she meant when she said, “since our family expanded in an untraditional way.”

2. Karalee says

YES! :) We adopted our daughter two years ago, and it irks me every time I read ” the adopted daughter/son of…” She isn’t our adopted daughter; she’s our daughter. Adoption is just the way our family was created. Love this post!! :)

3. smp209 says

aw i totally see her point, it must be difficult for her seeing as the twins are so new to the fam!

Vera I so agree with you I don’t understand why they say that way it makes the child feel more alienated

5. audrey says

I don’t like the distinctions being made either. Once those papers are signed the children are legally the parents and that is it.

I hate that, too! They do it so much with the Jolie-Pitt kids, it’s irritating because say what you want about Brangelina, I don’t think they show favoritism to Shiloh and the twins over Pax and Maddox and Zahara. It’s all their kids! Ugh.

7. elaine123 says

again with the too short pants…..that drives me nuts!!!! Oh, and I agree with all the comments about adopted children. So true!