Report: Katie Holmes Is Getting A Tattoo

There is a report this morning that Katie Holmes is getting a tattoo. The 30-year-old actress, who has three-year-old daughter Suri with husband Tom Cruise, is desperate to get an inking to prove her devotion to Tom, but he is unsure.

“He’s desperately trying to talk her out of getting the tattoo.”

Katie came up with the idea after seeing the etching pal Victoria Beckham had to mark her 10 year wedding anniversary earlier this year.

Victoria had the Hebrew words for ‘Together, Forever, Eternally’ inked on her wrist in honor of her soccer star husband David.

Katie is determined to get a similar inscription.

What do you think about getting tattoos for spouses? Not to be cynical… but this country’s divorce rate is pretty high (over 50%). What do you do if your relationship ends? My friend’s ex-boyfriend has her name written across his entire back. He has to either live with that and do a lot of explaining – or cover it all up with a much larger inking.

Either way, what do you think about this rumor? Fact or Fiction?

Photos by WENN.com

Comments

1. NiChar says

I wouldn’t get a tatoo for myself, let alone my man. Unless it’s temporary. We already put enough crap into our bodies, just by breathing the smoggy air, and the chemicals in our foods.

my stupid ex has my name on his stomach. he’d had it for years, i don’t buy the whole curse piece of things, but i do take pleasure that any other girl he sees has to put up with seeing my name anytime they get tender! haha

3. KissKiss says

My parents have tattoos instead of traditional wedding rings. Nothing with each other’s names, just the same design (my dad did that) They’ve been happily together since the great depression. So they don’t have any regrets.

Fantastic items from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff prior to and you’re just too magnificent. I really like what you’ve received right here, really like what you are stating and the way in which in which you say it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it wise. I can’t wait to learn much more from you. This is really a wonderful web site.

I really don’t mean to sound ugly but this girl needs to try something that will make her look better – not worse!

6. lis says

I have a hard time believing this.. but these two are not a very believable couple so that’s likely why.

7. dyinggiraffe says

i agree. not to sound morbid, but i would only get a name tattooed on me if the person passed away.

Posh probably got that to warn David that she isn’t going anywhere. BUt if they do split she can always say it refers to her children.

I know so many people with tattoos of the names of their exes. Such a bad idea. Just get married instead. Divorces hurt less than laser removal!1

9. Amy says

I wouldn’t get a tattoo of anyones name . Now “Together Forever, Eternally” is one thing. It is not person or item specific. I have some diamond earrings that I feel that way about.

10. smp209 says

ughh that’s the best way to curse a relationship. getting a tattoo with any relation to a specific person just never ends well

11. DaleJuniorAmp88 says

Why does she NEED to have a tattoo to prove devotion to Tom? Wouldn’t he know that she’s devoted to him since she married him and had a child?

12. PuffnStuff says

Maybe Santa offered Katie a lifetime on the ‘nice’ list, if she forgot about that tattoo.