Heidi Montag’s New Album Has Left Her Broke

Heidi Montag told Entertainment Weekly that her new album costs her $2 million to make, bankrupting her in the process, but I guess she thinks it was worth it because she thinks the album is really good. As a matter of fact, Heidi says her album, ‘Superficial,’ is as good as Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller.’

“I think people might not see [that 'Superficial' is as good as 'Thriller'] now, because it’s my first album coming out. But I’ve spent as much time-maybe more, even-than Thriller. Every detail was very important to me, because I take this very seriously.

Most artists, it’s not their own money, but I’ve actually gone broke putting every dollar I’ve ever made and my heart and soul into this music.

For me, I have a different appreciation, a different understanding, and a different love of my music and for my album than any other artist possibly could. Because this is my money. This is my gamble. This is my chance.”

Oy vey. If this is true, Heidi may be in for a hard lesson: you can’t buy success with money (as any record company executive could tell you :).

So what will happen if the Heidi doesn’t earn her money back?

That’s not even a possibility. I think within the first week we will definitely make our money back. The songs will make an impact in pop history. They are absolutely incredible and everybody involved is the best of the best. People just haven’t seen me as a pop star. I’m very excited for the world to see a whole new Heidi.

Well, you have to love her enthusiasm and positivity! So who was involved in putting this album together?

Photos by INF

Well, I did it independently. If you look back at the superstars throughout history it used to take that long to put albums together. Now it’s more manufactured. I really wanted to take my time, and every song means so much to me. And every song was a true journey. I had to track down the songs myself, because it was just Spencer and I doing it independently. We really took our time with every single process, because we wanted it to be the highest quality possible. I wanted it to be back to the Thriller days, to that kind of sound. It’s timeless music, so whenever it comes out was the right timing.

But Michael Jackson had people like uber-producer Quincy Jones working with him… oh, never mind.

Heidi also said she hopes to perform next at the World Cup. Well, you have to give her credit for having drive and determination. She certainly won’t look back on her life and regret not pursuing her dream of fame.

You can read Heidi’s entire Entertainment Weekly interview here.

Comments

I’m so sorry but did this woman just compare herself to the musical genius that was Michael Jackson (R.I.P)! how stupid could she be to compare herself to his greatest album! What a twit! She really needs to stop with this hype!

Is what you call “hate” directed at others who DO have talent?
    Few of us will be famous, does that mean we have to shut up and tell everyone how great Heidi and her ilk are?
    And “famous people” do talk badly about her (and especially Spencer), or have you never seen the aftermath of them running off at the mouth on Al Roker?

Well since she is so into plastic surgery maybe she should get a brain transplant… that might help :0) or and one for spencer, they actually might get 2 for the price of 1.

4. Scruffy says

Damn, Spencer has done a GREAT job in brainwashing her heh….. As good as Thriller, yeah right wateva.

5. Scruffy says

Just because I am not ‘famous’ (thank God) DOSN’T mean the I am a NOBODY asehole.

6. switchstance5 says

I completely agree with you – This album is going to go no where and Heidi is going to be heartbroken. She seems like such a sweetheart (besides that whole Spencer thing) that I kind of feel bad she’s in a delusion. : /

i’m sorry i’m still laughing….who is she again? I am grateful that I have never watched or heard them do anything…ok back to laughing my ass off

Heidi represents all that is wrong with young girls and their self esteem issues today. She used to be really cute and attrative when she first appeared on the Hills now she is ugly and totally ruined her beauty. She has some serious issues. You don’t need plastic surgery to lead a healthy, wealthy, and happy life. Be secure with who you are. What kind of man allows such behavior from there wife or supports it? She is going overboard. She looks so very bad.

9. whatthe?! says

See , I know the tabloid mag’s and entertainment stations keep posting this slag because she is a joke , but it is just fueling the fire in this twits belly. Now, She is outing her surgical secrets because she needs the loot. She wouldn’t dare tell anyone she had anything done, ” I WAS BORN THIS WAY”. She just wants you to believe she just got a make over….. Well, WHILE YOU’RE AT IT DEAR GET A NEW BRAIN, NOT LIKE THAT ABBY-NORMAL (ha, it’s a joke) ONE GENE WILDER Gave her in Mel Brooks, “FRANKENSTEIN”. If you Look in the dictionary , under “desperation” there is a picture of these two Ho-Ho’s

10. whatthe?! says

11. whatthe?! says

12. Christin says

She has no talent. She used to be California pretty, but with all of the monkeying around with her face, she’s average.

Today, I’ve seen pics and news of her going through 10 surgeries in one day. She hasn’t been whoring herself out for the past month or 2, so, yah, I actually believe the pic from the mag.

She looks generic. I don’t see how she could be anyone’s role model, or anyone could put a positive spin on her new story.

Spencer should be removed from her life. I never heard her say that she wanted major plastic surgery before him.

Asshole.

13. imagamble says

Wow to even have the balls to compare her first album to jacksons thriller is well WOW. I agree with kiss kiss somebody wake the dumb blond up!

14. Christin says

She’s gotten 10 plastic surgeries in one day after these photos.

She’s a wannabe.

Her poor mother

I just don’t understand how she can possibly think that she is a good singer. She is like those contestants that go on American Idol, the ones I get embarassed for. Heidi is one delusional girl, she needs a really big reality check.

I think she deserves credit for trying. Most people will hate on her but then again you have to take into consideration where the hate is coming from. From a whole bunch of nobodys that are not famous but want to be just can’t. You don’t see famous people talking badly of her.

17. battleflag says

Haha! I saw a horrid picture of her today after having 10 surgeries in one day. She looks like a Barbie doll now :s

18. whatthe?! says

For what? I was told you should never wake a walking – talking zombie idiot, you may cause mental-unimaginable harm to those that are near them……. WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT? ANYONE 2 INCHES IN THESE TWO DINK BRAINS SIGHTS WOULD CLEARLY BE F**K HEADS TOO for being associated with them. The Clues crew.

19. JesseD says

Maybe it’s the ratty extensions and tacky clothing that broke her dumb ass. Oh and she oughta have her tongue pulled out for comparing herself to Michael Jackson.

20. Klennon says

If she’s broke how did she afford the 10 plastic surgeries she just got? — what a freak, I don’t know why anyone listens to her or gives her a platform to speak.

21. Manimal says

Gotta put in with her and Spencer, they’ve made their fifteen minutes last a really long time. They say outrageous things and keep getting plugged to stay in at least some headlines.

Any publicity is good publicity, right?

Or maybe it was the 10 plastic surgeries she had in 1 day (People Magazine)……and she is still ugly as S***!!!!

23. OutInLeftField says

We had a post on her yesterday we don’t need another one on her today. Once a month would be adequate and way more than she deserves.

Trackbacks