Fact Or Fiction: Ben Affleck Wants A Boy, But Jennifer Is Done (For Now)

Looks like the Afflecks have some talking to do :) Jennifer Garner reportedly has confided that husband Ben Affleck would like to expand their family, but Jennifer isn’t in such a hurry.

Ben would like a boy, but I don’t want another baby right now.”

Jennifer’s friends are said to be supporting her on this decision, telling her:

“You don’t want to do that all over again. You worked hard to get your body back.”

Jennifer’s obviously lost a lot of weight lately, and it couldn’t have been easy to do.

I think we all know at least one couple that has this debate, and it’s a tough one. When I hear about people wanting another baby to have a boy or a girl, my first question is always: well, are you prepared for a third child period? There’s no guarantee you’ll get a son or a daughter!

Have you and your husband had this discussion or do you know couples who have? How was it resolved?

Photos by INF

Comments

My ex good friend had a girl, then she got pregnant again and it was another girl, I love these kids and done a lot for them and they were suppose to be my flower girls at my wedding, bought them dresses, shoes, etc. What does this so called friend does ..? gets pregnant and never tells me until 1 month before the wedding(she was 8 months then)…apparently it was planned…thanks for letting me know… Her husband wanted a boy so they got pregnant again, must say that he has one child from a previous relationship and it’s a girl, so my hubby and I couldn’t resist buying “Congratulations it’s a GIRL” card when they had a third child who was a girl. Men should really pay more attention to anatomy lessons in school. My hubby and I don’t want any children, ever but I agree that the most important thing is for the baby to be healthy.

2. merce369 says

As long as they healthy that’s all that matters. Have only one so far and very blessed with my family. Would love to have sibling or two for our daughter. We talked seriously about finance, health and if can cope. Will take one day at a time and see how will it turn. Can wait to get pregnant with my 2nd one, my daughter begs me almost every day :)

Hubby & I haven’t been able 2 have kiddies but we are planning on adopting a boy & a girl 2 balance it out, of course he wants a boy and I don’t really care.

husband and I had this come up–sat down and had a logical discussion about it. The only time I seemed to want another baby was when a friend was pregnant or I was holding one:) We discussed finances, time, jobs, etc. and came to the conclusion that we didn’t have the resources for a second child–and once the baby was out of my arms I wasn’t having the ‘baby fever’ so much :)

6. imagamble says

had 2, 10 months and 28 days apart, my twins the hard way! It was so hard, my husband worked all the time. after a year, and 2 pregnancy scares I had my tubes tied. I regret it to this day. So make sure before you do anything permanent.

7. OutInLeftField says

We have 2 kids, a girl and a boy and we don’t want anymore. I hated being pregnant. I know some women love it but I hated it and will not do it again. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kids and have loved them since they day they were born, I just really hated being pregnant.

I loved being pregnant and had great pregnancies and deliveries. I have two boys. I get asked all the time if we are “gonna go for the girl?” its very easy to say you are done when you have two of different genders and I have to suck it up and say we are done with our two boys. I am not guaranteed a girl and if I were having a baby just to have a girl, then i would not be having a baby for the right reason.

9. lara jane says

I couldn’t have said it better. Why can’t people (1) mind their own business and (2) be thankful with the healthy child(ren) they’ve been blessed with?

I have a singleton but not by choice. If people realized what I’ve been through, they wouldn’t ask. It sucks, because I wanted a big family, but I had one fantastic pregnancy and a beautiful, bright, healthy boy. I have nothing to complain about and everything to thank God for.

I can understand her not wanting any more, at least not now. Especially after working to get her body back after her second. She looked like she was really struggling with it.

I hated being pregnant too!!! I have 3!!! 2 boys and my bby girl!! I wanted to have a girl so bad done now nomore for us!!!

12. Talia says

My cousin kept trying for her girl – 5 boys later her husband said NO MORE! I have a daughter and she is very jealous and we are not close anymore because of it.

13. Scruffy says

Really? Thats pretty awful. I am only the second female BORN into my mothers side in 7 generations… all boys…

i love being pregnant….i actually miss being pregnant….i have a boy and a girl. we both decided two is enough.

15. ashmeljer says

I hate being pregnant too. Sick every single day. lost 40 lbs with one and 25 with the next. Kidney stones and pnumonia too. Then a miscarriage. Love my kids so much but they almost killed me! LOL

16. AnotherDirtyMartini says

Exactly! People ask me questions – they don’t know what I’ve been through and how depressed I got – so I’d rather they didn’t ask me about it. On rare days I can discuss it, but it always seems to be someone I don’t know doing the asking.

I have been irritated when some people get upset about not getting the child they “want” and they already have OTHER children. Some people aren’t able to have ANY, so be thankful for your blessings.