Katy Perry Would Quit Singing To Become Full Time ‘American Idol’ Judge

Katy Perry would “ditch” her singing career to be an ‘American Idol’ judge.

The ‘I Kissed a Girl’ singer recently joined Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi as a guest judge on the series and had a really great time filming the show. She told MTV:

“The ‘American Idol’ experience was awesome. If I was offered that job as a permanent host, I would ditch my career and take on that career. It’s such a fun, easy thing. I mean, I guess the pressure gets really on when you start eliminating the number of people that are going through until you’ve got the final two. So that can be kind of tense and stressful, but otherwise it’s kind of like judging a talent show.”

Are program execs listening? Is Katy big enough in the industry to warrant a permanent seat? I still can’t wait to see Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell go at it! :)

Photos by INF

Comments

The show is finished anyways. Paula gone and now Simon. They disgraced the show when they allowed Ellen to be on the show. She KNOWS nothing about the music industry. I am not watching the train wreck. I will wait for Simon’s show.

2. kaykay says

Katy cant sing worth a darn anyway. I have seen her live and she SUCKS……Ugh, not to mention that she covers everyone elses songs and totally butchers them. She is not very talented. sorry.

That’s why she would quit to take up this job. She would able to ensure a salary for a long time unlike her current career which will soon be over.

4. andy_p says

like her soooo much better than Ellen. nothing against Ellen, just dont get what she’s doing as a sing/dance judge.

5. TeamKara says

Katy acted like such a spoiled brat with Kara! Kara has been in the business for years, she knows what she’s talking about. I used to like Katy Perry but she’s so full of herself now, I’m very disappointed. She should learn about humility and stop thinking she’s a big star and disrespect people she should learn a thing or two from.
    Go Kara!!

6. remywill says

I’m finding this one more annoying all the time, and put your boobs away for a minute would you!

I can no longer stand Katy Perry or Mary J blige after the way they acted on AI! Katy perry DID act like she was running the show, she was rather snotty to Kara at times, ands MJB was rude and cruel by laughing under her breath at people, she is a snob not to mention she acted & looked like she was high on something other than life!