Lady GaGa Feels Too Shy To Be A Celebrity

I NEVER would’ve guessed this one, but appearances can be deceiving, apparently. Lady GaGa says she’s actually a very shy person and has trouble meeting people, especially in Hollywood.

“I don’t really meet that many other artists because I’m actually kinda shy. I might not be shy with people that I know but with people that I don’t know I am very shy.

“I generally really keep to myself and I am focused on my music. But when I do meet people that I have lots in common with it goes really well. I always feel shy in the Hollywood scene. I feel a bit like I did in high school, like I don’t really fit in.”

She feels like she doesn’t fit in in Hollywood? Where else would Lady GaGa fit in?

Actually, though, as I think about it, I can see where someone could be an enthusiastic performer but very shy in one-on-one interactions. I think that’s what she means.

You learn something new every day :)

Photos by INF

Comments

1. Chuckjones says

I get what she’s saying. I’m a great public speaker and have done it often, but I can be on the shy side. (At 23 I was very shy, not so much now years later.) It’s hard to admit being shy in our culture. I give her credit – she’s encouraging all the shy teens out there who feel like they don’t fit. I wasn’t in any of the high school cliques, except the catchall clique for nerds. I became a good trial lawyer and speaker, and have learned how to work a party, but it didn’t come easily. Johnny Carson was the greatest late night talk show host, but he was notoriously shy in person.

2. Ninni says

Clothing has nothing to do wiht shyness necessarily. Sure some ppl might be shy bc they’re uncertain of themselves on a deeper level, but it’s also “just” a charasteristic of personality, or say a person who is very outspoken is skilled in that way, not meaning they’re more daring per se. Judging from the comments what Gaga is going trough is fairly common. I’m like that as well; i enjoy wacky clothes and in some ways i like to be in display, and with friends i can be bubly and talkative, but i’m really awkward and nervous when meeting new ppl (well not always, depends of the ppl). Sometimes i feel like i want to run and hide, but i never want to make myself less noticeable by dressing dull just bc i’m crap whit small-talk.

3. JesseJ says

Anybody who has done STRIPPING is NOT shy. There are a lot of images of her partying it up and spilling alcohol all over herself. This is NOT the behaviour of an introvert, but an EXTROVERT.

Some shy people do put up shields, that is absolutely true, but in Gagas case this is a lie, like everything else.

I can’t understand how it’s possible that someone who writes such horrible lyrics and has an average voice has gotten this amount of attention just because of the way they dress. She has ripped off Bowie (who I think should sue her for using his symbols), Roisin Murphy and so many other musicians. In many ways she does not differ from Madonna, since she has been sued over 10 freaking times over copyright infringement!

-edit-
    I can’t seem to get this posted, so Im editing it just in case…But those who believe in MKultra are conspiracy theorists and insane Fundamentalist Christians. Probably someone has been reading VC…

4. Kai says

i tend to believe her. i saw a little clip of her on oprah, and she seemed very shy and nervous.

5. Scruffy says

“like I don’t really fit in.” – cause she is a freak…. and I don’t believe what she has to say… she talks WAY too much.

6. JesseJ says

I forgot to mention this: When someone speaks about having sex with their boyfriend while thinking about a girl…They are definitely not shy. Unless of course Gaga is trying to project an image that is a complete lie just to sell music?

Michael Jackson is a fantastic example of a Virgo male who had a well developed extroverted SIDE. Still, MJ was a creative introvert who was in reality very shy. He could not even sing in the studio with the lights on nor take his clothes of in front of his wife. That’s shyness in the real meaning of shyness.

I also believe it was on this blog that Vera wrote about how Gaga wants to become an actress. I believe that would be fantastic for her, since she is acting all the time. At one award-shows she is seen clapping her hands in a black (?) dress and looking down as if sad…As an INTJ type I can’t believe that people just don’T see how obviously aware she is of the camera and how nothing ever comes from the heart.

The Grammy performance was the same. When she would look at Elton it looked REHEARSED! That is how calculated and untalented this chick is. EVERYTHING, even emotions, have to be planned beforehand and rehearsed.

This is not a musician, but an actress faking it.

• Alizaa says

I’m a bonafide INTJ myself, and I can tell you, I’m good at faking. I’m good at pretending to be an extrovert but it can’t be for a prolonged period of time, or I feel exhausted.

When I am with friends, that I really trust and like to be around, I can be very loud and obnoxious and impulsive.

I’m fairly good looking, and that in itself gives me confidence depending on how I am dress and presenting myself at any given moment, even though I’m the same girl, when I put on that formfitting dress and those shoes, I get a huge boost and i can seem like a different person, I’m “playing the part”. So I can see her doing the same, as I said before I can fake being an extrovert, but it cannot be on a regular basis, it is draining. Also, as an INTJ myself I tend to think if it is too prolonged people can see right through me.

7. an infp says

believe it or not, i’ve been hearing about lady gaga for a couple years now, but until today i didn’t even know what she looked like. it was a little game i played, actually — staying the one person on the globe who has no idea what she’s like and what kinda music she makes

but, today, out of a whim, i decided it’s about to change; so, i looked up her pictures on google — i think she’s kinda cute. and my first thought was “she’s such a total introvert!” no kidding =)

8. Manimal says

She’s lying through her teeth. She loves the attention. She just says whatever she can to make a splash.

If she was shy, she wouldn’t wear the stuff she does.

9. JennB says

I’m shy in one-on-one interactions with new people, but I LOVE performing. I get exactly what she’s saying and believe it.

There is nothing REAL about this woman and without all the clothes and nonsense, nobody would give a damn. I mean, a while ago she said she started doing drugs because she wanted to be like her “idols” Mick Jagger and etc. WHERE IS HER INTELLIGENCE?

she very INTELLIGENT , thats why she is where she is and u r where u are. at home hating. and she sing her ass off.i dont like that kind of music but i dig her.

14. dholmas says

My husband takes awhile to come out his shell meeting new people. Put him stage in the opera and he shines.

15. Bel says

Well I totally understand! I’m just like that too. But instead of singing and performing, I’m more at ease when acting. Seriously, introduce me to a crowd of people my age and I can’t talk properly.