Whitney Houston Has A Rough Concert Opening Down Under

Whitney Houston performed in Australia for the first time in 12 years last night. It was not well received.

She couldn’t entertain a dead rat, to be honest,” a fan told local media, according to the AFP.

“Was it an A? No, it was probably a B+,” said Andrew McManus [the concert promoter], “It was not a train wreck. She was hitting most of the notes, yes her throat was a little croaky. She was on stage for two-and-a-half hours dancing, singing, running. Was she a little out of breath on a couple of songs? Yes, she was. But I don’t apologize for that, she had a red-hot go.”

Concert goers reportedly are complaining that Whitney seemed “disoriented, breathless and exhausted.” Her management team claims she was ill. She’ll reportedly have two days to rest before her next performance.

This is sad to hear. I can see where it’s hard to get back in shape and perform live on tour, especially if you’re sick!

Here are two clips of Whitney’s performance in Australia. She really seemed to be struggling in the second clip. What do you think?

Note: get a cup of coffee because these videos are about 5 minutes apiece :)

Here’s Whitney performing ‘I Will Always Love You’:

Whitney performing ‘The Greatest Love of All’:

Photos by Wenn.com

Comments

1. 13 w/ a dream says

WOOOW they sounded reeaalllyy amazing i love Whitney
    Be Strong Hunn
    i will always love you Whitney

2. Ninni says

She’s still got it, she sounds amazing. She lacks power in her voice, but that’s to be expected as you’re getting old, especially with the lifestyle she’s lead. Some singers manage to keep their voice pretty much the same till a very old age, but that’s quite rare. With the career she’s had, i think she has enough starpower and all to make the listening pleasurable. And she sound a million times better still than A: many pop stars that ride on their looks B: a vast amount of rockers who appreciate the right attitude and “power” more than hitting the right notes every time:D

3. Ariel says

I’ll bet. How can you have a dead animal shoulder and not crave a dead animal for your belly? Mmm…nom nom nom.

4. Jill says

I just wish she would look back at her life and be appreciative of how far she’s come, then hang the whole superstar thing up and be a good Mom to her daughter.

5. CapturingLife says

I only watched part of the first clip – she sounds pretty darn good live. Especially when you consider some of these pop twits nowadays who can’t sing at ALL.

6. Ariel says

Can’t sing and/or have “backing tracks” in case something goes wrong with the live show.

I think she sounds pretty considering all she’s been through…..it’s really hard to sing when your sick too, I’ve had to do that before…. GO Whitney!!

8. MikeC.... says

She is not going to make it. She is a shadow of her former self and her talent is gone; she needs to hang it up and attempt to bow out gracefully. She can take Madonna with her…

9. starlitbetty says

This is sad, I really wished she had come back to be who she was before. This is not the Whitney Houston I remember. I watched the first video and kept waiting for her to start belting out the song like she used to. This is really sad to me.

Trackbacks