Madonna Wishes Lourdes Dressed More Conservatively

Madonna chatted with Us Weekly magazine about daughter Lourdes Leon’s fashion inspirations and aspirations. Madonna admits that Lourdes doesn’t seek her out for fashion advice:

“If anything, I wish she’d dress more conservatively,” says the pop star, 51. “How’s that for irony?”

My how the tables have turned, right? :)

Madonna and Lourdes are working together on a new teen clothing line called “Material Girl”, set to hit Macy’s stores this August. Madonna says that she’s leaving most of it up to Lourdes:

“I did a line for H&M, which I enjoyed, but it was a lot of work,” she tells Us Weekly. “I thought, I don’t want to give up the rest of my careers, so I’m not going to do my own line again. But I have a 13-year-old with tireless energy who wanted to do this. I’ve been involved in business meetings, but Lola’s really doing the work. I just sit in the corner on my BlackBerry!”

Now that’s funny – usually the parent steps in and does all of the work while the teen sits on the cell phone in the corner!

She shares that her daughter takes her fashion inspiration from many sources:

“is inspired by kids she sees in hip-hop and ballet classes, European influences, bands she listens to. You could say it’s in the DNA – but I could never tell her how to dress! She also comes to my photo and video shoots, pulls outfits together and gives her input to a lot of my fashion-designer friends. Whether it’s Marc Jacobs or Stella McCartney, they always ask her what she thinks.”

Sounds like Lourdes is headed for a successful future in fashion. She’s one “celebrity baby” that I’m very interested to see how she “turns out”. I have a feeling she’s going to be as driven as her mom. :)

Photos by INF & WENN

Comments

1. Jo... "just" Jo says

Madonna is the TRUE Material Girl….Thus Little Lourdes should be –The Material Girly-Girl .

Lourdes looks like her mama when she was young…she seems to have a head on her shoulder.

You did good Madge

Lourdes is really very pretty and stylish.i love her and her style. She’s like her mother.I’m a great fan of Madonna.She has an amazing fashion sense!

5. cdelgadillo says

This is definitely one of those things that makes me really nervous about motherhood! If I have a daughter, I’m screwed!

6. ladyfrommars says

She loves her black, but I can see that she definitely has a point of view which is rare in a 13 year old. I’m looking forward to see how she ‘turns out’, like others have said. :)

7. jo "just" Jo says

I followed Madonna since the 80’s —she is so fablous…
    Lourdes looks like her mama when she was young,
    I am thrilled that Lourdes is in the spotlight..
    She seems like a girl that has herself together….Material Girl Jr.

8. Jan says

Madonna seems to have done a good job raising her kids. Lourdes is just like her momma tho no doubt about that ! Instilling a good work ethic in one so young has got to be a great thing to do.

she’s a cute girl. i don’t see anything wrong with what she’s wearing. it’s not “conservative” but at least her boobs and belly aren’t showing. it’s a cute/fun style.

10. audrey says

Cute girl. I like her outfit in the main set of pictures. I am sure she will do well in her venture into the fashion industry.

Lourdes is really cute and has a fun fashion sense that is reminiscent of early 80’s Madonna. But, please, fishnet stockings at 13? Shame on you, Madonna!

I love her style. I have never been a Madonna fan, but think it’s great that she lets Lourdes be in the spotlight and have some fun. I always expected her to be hidden away.

13. lovebug66 says

ummmm….the kid’s 13?? I think Mom should lay some ground rules on dress. But, then this is Madonna… :P