Kristin Davis Talks Body Confidence In Fitness Magazine

Sex and the City’s Kristin Davis shows off her amazing bikini body on the May cover of Fitness magazine. The actress, who is hosting a half marathon this weekend in Central Park, shared some insight on what she eats, where her body confidence comes from and shoots down those pesky rumors.

On being happy with her body:

“I have hips!” she says. “I’m never going to be the thinnest actress, and I don’t want to be. When you’re at peace with yourself and your body, you’re automatically more confident.”

On posing in a bikini for the cover:

“I’m not going to lie. It was very intimidating. There are people who feel comfortable in bathing suits, and I don’t know how they do it. I worked with Kristen Bell and Malin Akerman on the movie Couples Retreat, and they didn’t care about standing around in their bikinis for days. The guys in the movie were more self-conscious than they were!”

On her food philosophy:

“I eat a lot of chicken, salmon, eggs and side salads. But if all I ate were salads every day, I’d shoot myself. Who cares if you can fit in your skinny jeans if you can’t enjoy life and have something good to eat? I went through periods when I said I can’t have this, I can’t have that. Now I don’t deprive myself. Food is meant to be enjoyed.”

She shares the most annoying rumor about herself:

“That the cast of Sex and the City hates one another. We’re standing so close during filming that we touch for 18 hours a day, and then people want to say we don’t get along. It’s the funniest thing in the world.”

Well, her food and workout regimens are obviously working pretty well! She looks fantastic! What do you think about the rumors that the cast mates don’t get along? Do you think there’s any truth to it?

Photo courtesy of Fitness magazine

Comments

ok yes of course this is photoshopped. it always is! BUT i prefer her real life figure actually. and she does have hips and bum and thighs (which i think is so sexy) but if you actually look at her in some of the seasons her frame (shoulders) are smaller than Carries. and her waist is always as tiny as Carries. she is actually a skinny girl, just different body shape.

2. Vedder says

Props to you, Captain! I have been to Boulder with my Cornhuskers and you have an awesome town and very cool people–although you all hate NU–:).

I used to do the same thing. I would deprive myself of most of the food I truly love and then I realized that I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I didn’t over do it. Moderation is the key.

She does have a cute shape But I wonder whose body that is cuz it aint hers! Her hips are much wider. She needs to be more confident and nix the photoshop. What a joke and poor role model. We’re not blind.

most beautiful place on earth… I’m longing to go back to the people’s republic of boulder

I think it’s really empowering when a woman that so many people look up to stands up for having good values and strong selfworth in Hollywood, it sets a great example for her young fans. We need more role models like that!

7. captain america says

I’m happy to see a fellow-coloradan.
    ……………FROM ‘BOULDER’ TO BE PRECIZE!!

8. imagamble says

Dont you wish photoshop worked in real life? Oops ate a little too much cake I’ll just airbrush that off my ass and thighs. sigh… fuck it I’m eating the cake.

9. Turkishtaffey2 says

Kristen looks great in anything. Her body is gorgeous, Photoshopped or not. I kind of like her robust booty, and miss it in this shot. But, it is her gorgeous, warm eyes and incredible smile that are her best assets, hands down.

I am so sick and tired of magazines doing this.
    I don’t believe any picture I see anymore. For all we know, they may have just combines her head with some model’s body. (Which is done more than people realize).

11. pet peeve says

Yup, totally photoshopped to the extreme. She is a pear shaped woman, and they have made her to be proportionately hourglass!

now that’s a nice body – slim and tone without the ugly muscles….i hate women with muscles and veins popping out (sjp, madonna, kelly ripa etc)

i think she is a very attractive woman, but this image looks incredibly photoshopped. in real life, i think she is far curvier (and that’s not a bad thing).

14. Kai says

I think they photoshopped her way too much, which is unfortunate because she has great body!

Totally agree PHOTOSHOP!! Kind of hypocritical to say you love your body but then let a mag photoshop your curves away!