Katie Holmes Tapped To Play Jackie Kennedy

I wonder what the masses are going to feel about Katie Holmes taking on Jackie Kennedy in an upcoming History Channel movie. Jackie is an icon on so many different levels and I’m sure her admirers will be watching Katie’s moves very closely.

The actress has signed on to play Jacqueline Kennedy in ‘The Kennedys‘ reports E!Online.

“When HISTORY announced this ambitious project in December, our goal was A-list auspices behind and in front of the camera,” network President and General Manager Nancy Dubuc said in a statement. “The amazing cast we announced today…is emblematic of that goal.”

The Kennedys will be the fun-fact-peddling network’s first foray into scripted miniseries.

So – who’s set to play JFK? That would be Greg Kinnear. What do you think about the pairing? Something you’d want to watch?

Photos by FAME

Comments

1. Moreaces says

Ok, she does look the part in the face, but I think it could be done by a better actress, but seeing that it is on TV, they probably could not aford a better actress

Greg Kinnear has the same jowly look as the older JFK. And he’s a pretty good actor.

This is a HORRIBLE choice… Katie is not a good actress at all… Could you imagine her trying to do Jackie’s accent??? Jackie O had a very unique style when she spoke, and it was annoying…. Now having someone like Katie who can’t act trying to speak like her, I think I would throw my remote at the t.v.!!! Poor, poor choice… I don’t care if the actress looked nothing like Jackie O ass long as the actress was convincing I think would have been a better choice… And I agree with everyone who is saying Rachel… the girl can act.

4. CapturingLife says

I could see Rachel as Jackie, but not Katie. It’s doubtful that I’d watch anyway, but those are some odd casting choices.

5. IamThinking says

I think she will do good but if I could pick an actress for that role, I would pick Mariska Hargitay. She just remainds me of jackie so much.

6. Stephanie B says

I can definitely see the resemblance b/w Katie and Jackie. Greg Kinnear as JFK is a long shot to me but the bottom line is always the acting ability. If Katie looks like Jackie but can’t manage to act like her then it’s bad casting and although Greg Kinnear doesn’t resemble JFK he might knock it out of the park in the acting dept. It can go either way for both actors.

7. Vedder says

I thought the same about Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison; but I was wrong–one of the best acting jobs ever…JFK is meant for someone special–I would say Matt Damon with the Boston accent like JFK but he is too short.

8. Manhattanite says

Was’nt there a story out that Rachel Weisz was going to play the role, I would much rather see her, I have nothing against Katie but her acting is as exciting as watching paint dry.

9. OutInLeftField says

I have nothing against Katie and her face does resemble Jackie a little but…Jackie was a short petite woman. Katie is very tall. How are they going to pull that off? I don’t think Greg Kinner is that tall????

I guess it doesn’t matter, I’m not interested in the project anyway. I’ve already seen many films and tv shows about the Kennedys. I don’t need to see another one.

10. Helen says

Worst idea ever! She can’t act without making all kinds of weird faces trying to look cute, since the days of Dawson’s Creek :/