Emma Roberts Says Actresses Who Go Topless In Films Are “Tasteless”

Emma Roberts just called out half of Hollywood. The actress is adamant that she will never go topless in a film. The 19-year-old actress said:

“I would show my back and my butt on camera, but I would never go topless. Going topless is so tasteless, and I prefer to leave all that stuff to people’s imagination. But you never know what might happen. This is what I’m saying now, but in five years’ time it could be totally different.”

This quote is going to come back to haunt her.

Emma also admitted she loves to visit England because you can have a glass of wine at 18. She told The Times newspaper:

“You feel very adult, sitting in London with a glass of wine, but because you’re not allowed to do it in Los Angeles, it is seen as bad.

“It’s just kind of tough that I’m not allotted any room to make mistakes. I smoke occasionally. But because it’s me, it’s like, ‘Oh my God! You’re a terrible influence’.”

That’s what comes with the territory these days. Is it fair? Depends on who you ask I suppose.
Photos by WENN.com

Comments

1. jc says

Actually, every actress who has won the Oscar for best actress over the last 25 years has done nudity, barring maybe 3 or 4 . I just checked the list and btw, it took 3 minutes, not 30. Check it yourself, as there are some mighty fine actresses in that group. Personally, I think it was a silly comment to make, considering her age and level of experience. She seems to be a very good actress with great potential, but what’s the point to phrasing her personal opinion in such a way to insult most of the finest actresses today just to express herself. It seems to me, if she wanted to stir controversy for publicity sake, there are less offensive ways to do it….just a thought..

2. Emytivere says

I love Emma , but i think that she was not happy in this quote. i mean , is it ok to show your butt , but it is not ok to show your breasts ? come on Emma.

Another one who needs to shut her pie hole. Why does she think we care? Who was she talking to when saying this? It’s just like actors who get involved in politics no one cares about your stance on it just ACT! It like hearing a cashier at the drive through telling you her opinion on health care. Especially since the twat contradicts herself and says she might have a different opinion in 5 years meaning she’ll be doing topless scenes in 5 years. And yes she is a bitchy lil brat just like her aunt.

The only thing I agree on is the drinking part. You can vote and go to war but you can’t have a drink at 18 in America. Where I live you can drink at 18 and most start at 15 LOL.

I was more offended at her comment implying that she is an influence on anyone. I mean, has she even done anything? I know she’s Julia Roberts’s niece, but that is all I have ever heard about her. She seems to be getting ahead of herself. And I do think it is a little bitchy to say it is classless. I know its her opinion & she’s entitled to it, but why doesn’t she just think it or discuss it with her friends instead of announce it to the public? Makes her sound a little holier than thou.

I don’t really have a problem with her not wanting to show her breasts, I wouldn’t either. But why show your butt? That’s just as bad. Weird logic on her part.

they’re breasts people – all women have them (of course they all comes in different sizes and shapes) – don’t understand why people get so uptight over something silly. it’s ok to show violence but if you show your breasts – it’s classless….don’t understand that logic.

Geeze folks, they’re just breasts…not a big deal. Every woman has got ‘em, most people have seem ‘em. I’m not sure why there is such a big hang up on nudity. The fact of the matter is acting IS an art form. Whether it’s gratuitous or just a nipple through a shirt, it is a part of the art.

9. Scruffy says

Geez vera this site is just getting downright sloppy….. first you say “The actress is adamant that she will never go topless in a film” but then directly underneath her quote says “This is what I’m saying now, but in five years’ time it could be totally different” – DOESN’T SOUND VERY DAMND ADAMANT NOW DOES IT!!!!

10. chocolateraisins says

I know, really. Hope she doesn’t get naked. She’s far too good of an actress to have to prove she has a good body. Hate nudity in films-means the plot’s no good.

“But you never know what might happen. This is what I’m saying now, but in five years’ time it could be totally different” Is what she also said, in the same paragraph. Why bitch about something that’s not even news? Zoe Saldana managed to stay classy in some raunchy ass films, I think Emma can do the same. But like she said, opinions change over time.

I thought Emma has some moral and brains, I had been watching her with my little sis since unfabulous…. She always looked little cute, sensible and wise girl.
    We loved to watch you emma coz your were so pretty and funny, my little sister still loves you. U r a good actress.
    Heyy and we don’t want to see your butt… neither want to imagine any thing… idiot.
    Ahhhhh… I don’t know if I would like to watch your next movie or even previous ones from my CD lib. U R so immature.

13. Sam says

14. meme says

Excuse me but are those other classless “actresses” you’re referring to include Kate Winslet, Kristen Scott Thomas, Helen Mirren, Nicole Kidman?

15. Mizzy says

it probably took you about 30 minutes to come up with that list of 5 actresses when I could come up with a list 4 times that long in about 30 seconds of actresses who have nothing better to add to the screen than their boobs. and notice I said “most”, not “all” actresses that bare themselves.

Completely agree. Emma calls the other actresses who bare their boobs “classless” but her statement is lacking in class. What a hypocrite

17. cranberry says

Nope. Still don’t see it as being “bitchy”. It is her opinion and I agree with her. There are very few topless scenes that actually needed to be in a movie. Sure there are some that go with the movie, but most are to just show-off the breasts of an attractive actress. And they act like it is “art” and ‘freedom of expression’ *eye roll*. Women are so st*pid most of the time.

18. captain america says

this “secret” prostitute lives in a church surrounded by nons & priest and is sure of the fact babees are delivered at home by “US POSTAL SERVICE”, folks?

bitchness?? are you serious? how can a gal that dont want to show her breast a bitch? and with this i think we all agree your a pervert…

20. ZipIt says

No kidding. Sit down little girl, it’s far too soon for you to be talking out of your arse.

21. Mizzy says

or maybe she admires the fact that her aunt managed a very successful career for herself without having to show her breasts? that’s more than I can say for a lot of other “actresses” out there. I mean seriously, half the nude scenes in movies today are completely gratitious and are clearly meant to showcase the attractiveness of certain female leads rather than their talent.

22. meme says

no, it’s bitchy to call other actresses who have done nude scenes classless. THAT’S bitchy especially coming from someone who only got in the biz because of her aunt and father.

23. KissKiss says

Titanic would not be the same without Kate Winslet’s amazing breasts. That scene was far from tasteless.

24. Judyh0311 says

LOL @Meme. It does appear she inherited someone’s attitude for sure and we’ll see in years to come how much of that gets changed or changed for her.

i thought she was very pretty in that picture and then after reading her quote i thought “oh lord!”