How Lady Gaga Will Take Care Of Her ‘Meat Dress’

In true Lady Gaga fashion, the outrageous singer made jaws drop at last Sunday’s MTV VMA’s by accepting one of her awards decked out in a dress made of meat. A lot of people were wondering if the dress was actually made of real meat or not, and it turns out, it was! (Ewwwww)

Franc Fernandez was the designer/artist responsible for creating the dress for Gaga, and confirmed to MTV.com that it was, in fact, made out of real meat. (Again, ewwww)
Fernandez spoke to the MTV and told them everything you could ever want to know about the infamous meat dress!

How heavy was it?

“It was fairly heavy. She said it was the most comfortable dress of the night, though. I’m guessing it weighed around forty pounds. It’s built on a corset, so the weight is distributed on her chest, so it’s not like it’s hanging off her neck.”

Was it comfortable?

“She said so.”

Were there leftovers?

“Not very much, no.”

Did it leave a blood trail?

“No, not at all. It’s actually very clean meat, very sturdy and strong and doesn’t run at all. It’s the meat you use to make a roast, where you roll it in a tortilla and put it in the oven. Hence, the shoes – that’s why they were wrapped in butcher twine.”

Did it smell?

“Gaga said it smelled good. It had a sweet smell. It hadn’t been sitting out for more than five hours. And it’s not a heavy gross meat.”

Did you have to keep it refrigerated?

“While it was being made it was refrigerated, [worked on] and then refrigerated. It took a span of two days on and off. Maybe three with sourcing and getting materials and everything.”

Will this dress “go bad”?

“Well, yes. And it’s a dress that will dry out. The meat dries out, rather than rotting. It becomes jerky. But, it shouldn’t be worn again.”

I’m just going to go on the record and state that if there’s ever a question about whether my clothing will ‘go bad’ or not, or it will leave a ‘blood trail’ I’m not wearing it! Honestly, I have a hard enough time getting my kids not to play with their food there’s no way I could pull off a dress made of meat. I know Lady Gaga is a shocker when it comes to her outfits, but I think wearing a dress make out of meat is going a bit too far, not to mention wasteful! What do you think-  is this too farfetched even for Lady Gaga?

Photos by WENN

Comments

1. Jan says

Also wouldnt this leave a trail of ecoli or other such bacteria everywhere she went? There are certain ways you have to handle meat to keep you from getting ill.

2. Jan says

Ok I kinda get that but you cant eat fur or leather. They are historically used on the outside to protect man from the elements. The meat of an animal is used to feed the body – not clothe it. This isnt for a debate about what is acceptable today or anything Im talking about what historically man used to help him live.

If you ever are unable to explain something to your child then you have FAILED as a parent.

4. audrey says

All I can think about is all the people who are hungry, homeless, or down on their luck and this idiot shows up in a dress made of meat. I don’t care what statement she claims she is making–it is nothing more than an attention grabbing device to make sure she stays relevant. Talented or not I have had more than enough of this attention ho.

5. barbie-kat says

Another example of wasteful celebrities, people are hungry and waste meat like that . I am vegetarian so I find it appaling that she had an animal killed for her to wear as a dress, but then again I guess its just as bad as wearing fur or leather. People are so disgusting!

6. Scruffy says

She’s so desperate, and this isn’t really all that original, ANTM did a photo shoot with clothes made out of meat way back when…. Gaga is such a yawn.

Is anyone else just plan sick of her and fashion games? I have nightmares that i will run into her on the streets with my children in tow, how would you explain that mess? !!!! thats scary!

8. Luy says

I feel that in an art way this is wonderful, and beautiful. But it would be more so in a photograph (which again would be completely unoriginal since its exactly what americas next top model did)- not just as a dress you bring to an event. How in the world do you sit in that? That would be incredibly insanitary.

I have to agree! I’ve been a vegetarian for a long time due yo
    personal reasons and i don’t judge people who actually eat meat but this is just plain wasteful!! To think of the animals
    that died so she can wear it as a dress is just awful and then the starving children around the world who could actually do with this food! Argh! If she wanted to make a statement then why did she not just make a dress out of cloth that looked like meat – it would
    have had a similar effect! Another case of gaga taking it too far!

Ew! I thought this dress just looked like meat. I didn’t realize it actually was meat! Gross…is that sanitary?

11. Jan says

One word ; WHY???

Why meat? What exactly was she trying to say? I just dont get it. It’s terribly stupid in my opinion and doesnt “shock” me but makes me think she is a complete idiot. I just do not see the point and think it went over my head. The best thing was I looked at this pics of that night and didnt think anything of this “dress” until I saw a back view and you could see her butt crack. That made me check to see how the “dress” was constructed and then and only then did I realize it was a “meat” dress. Lost in translation for sure.

12. Lucile says

I’m not sure anyone in their right mind would look at that dress and feel hungry. These “poor hungry children/homeless” comments piss me off, they’re so condescendant to poor people.
    Wasting food is a global problem in America, 30% of all groceries end up in the dumpster because people don’t finish their plates or buy too much and the food goes bad.

I think Gaga is a self-obsessed idiot but it’s hypocritical to diss her on wasting a couple pounds of meat.

there’s a hungry bum staring at this picture suffering from gaga-envy, and just thinking:

“aah, the things i would do for that dress…”

14. dholmas says

She is just plain gross. I have a hard time touching meat never mind trying to wear it. CACA needs to go away.

Trackbacks