Willow Smith Is A High School Drop Out

Sort of…

Willow Smith is so busy touring that she doesn’t have time for school anymore. I’m sure things are only going to get worse now that she’s joining Justin Bieber on tour in Europe next year!

Will Smith’s mega celebrity daughter, said of her education,

“I never really get to go to school because I am always on tour, or with my father.

“There is a tutor most of the time, but usually I am working so I never get to do the lessons. The worst thing about maths is all the kids are ahead of me because they go to school.”

Willow talked about how she began in the music industry at an early age.

“I was four years old when I recorded a song with daddy and only said a couple of words, and I thought, ‘This is cool.’ It wasn’t supposed to be in the song but he wrote me something at the last minute. I would go with my mom on her tour and look at her and love what she did. I thought, ‘Maybe I should do that.’ So I did. I’m going to make songs to inspire people.”

I am torn. A part of me is glad that because of her celebrity parents she’ll have opportunities that most kids only dream of. On the other hand, we see what happens to child stars, and it’s not pretty. And elementary school and high school are fundamental life experiences that Willow is missing out on!

Photos by Fame.

Comments

1. juliia says

I am really not a fan of how the Smiths handle their childrens business. They are doomed to become trainwrecks at some point. Qutitting school for career, not a good idea. If they are really talented they will have success after they are done with school too!

2. mimi says

Seriously she isn’t that talented when it comes to singing. How long could she last. I see her as a one hit wonder. It would be nice to have an education but with all the family money I guess she’ll be fine. No offense but with all their money you would think that they would have the heart to fix her ears. My daughter had hers done before she sttrted kindergarten and I’m happy I did because kids could be really mean.

3. mimi says

Getting a tutor is fine, I don’t see any particular reason you need to keep up in a school itself.

I think Willow thinks that this is “cool” and is trying to play it up.

I think Willow thinks that this is “cool” and is trying to play it up.

6. TigerLily says

KEEP her from becoming another crazy child star?? Are you kidding? She already is nuts, and I would guess that about the last set of parents on earth to keep a child grounded would be the Smiths. She’s sunk.

7. sandie says

I don’t see anything wrong. There are people that go to school and aren’t smart at all and end up in a bad situation. These days you can study at home and educate yourself, plus she’s rich and can get away with it, but at least she should get her high school diploma. She’s very young and has many years to decide what she wants to do.

8. ebony says

“Do you think having Will and Jada as parents will keep Willow from becoming another crazy child star as she grows up?”

— is the pope protestant?

9. ebony says

— is the pope protestant?

10. Natalie says

I feel really bad for Willow and Jayden actually. I get that the Smith’s see something in their kids as all parents should, and I get that this child is talented but if she is talented the opportunities will certainly be there when she is a bit older. I mean this child needs at least a basic education and the opportunity to be child. I remember seeing her on 106 and Park on BET and they presented her with a plaque of some sort and the poor child had great difficulties reading the words. I doubt she interacts with children her age it is just all very strange to me. Very odd

11. willow says

ok.i lv willow smith but this bussiness of her dropping out in shule is way out of hand right know.she is still too young to drop out of shule.she still needs an education to gain her more knowledge and wisdom in her life.the fact that she sings does not mean that she has to drop out of shule cause of her singing.i know this is her dream job,but honey b u need 2 go back to shule and get abetter education and a better knowledge of wisdom.pls go back 2 shule cause if u don’t ur fans will stop going 2 shule cause of u.pls as a no 1 fan,GO BACK 2 SHULE FOR UR OTHER FANS SAKE.thanx for the songs and all.plus i lv ur song 21′st century girl.dear do us a favour and tell ur parents that u need to go back 2 shule.oh did Jaden drop out of shule or is he still in shule.READ THIS NOTE IF U EVER GET THE TIME 2.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!peace out.

I think will and jada could take time out of willows busy schredule and get her a tutor make her be with her tutor for 2 hours at least and learn she famous anyway why is she in such a public environment

Willow cannot sing these songs their way to overrated for her age, I mean her voice is good especially beings she’s a 10 year old, but that song she was singing I thought it was an adult all this time till the Kids Choice Awards. I whip my hair back and forth, she needs to stop writing songs like that, and something more her age. She also should get a disney acting job cause thats more her age and level… She is like a teenager too soon, Go to Disney for awhile, So you still get an education. And that one girl who said someone needs to fix her ears? No she does not need her ears fixed, They might be “Big” But its apart of Willow, getting those fixed is like taking apart who she’s about.

14. omotola says

i dont fink wilow being a school dropout is a very good idea.at least will and jada should take a spare time out of her tour time and alltime and get her a tutor .PLS IF U ARE READING THIS AND YOU KNOW THE SMITHS VERY WELL OR YOU ARE RELATED TO THEM PLEASE HELP ME TO TELL THEM THAT THEY SHOUL GET A TUTOR FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!PLEASSSSSSEEEEEE

what are u doing gal go to school willow its never to late stars are learned us have never seen one .oops $ i was just kiding i know that makes u remember the old times when u and Jaden used to do that. i am 100% sure that u know what ur doing. (just live ua life and wait till i come for u)

Willo you’re too young for what you’ve chosen so plz go 2 school bcz education is the keys of the keys you know. I’m a 12 year old girl and I know what is the best for me. Or if girl maths beat you up you’re welcomed to us anytime as we’re your fans and you can contact my number at 0731035319 or you can find a private teacher I’m really worried about you girl so plz go to school