Kevin Spacey Addresses Rumors About His Sexuality

Well this must have been an awkward interview! Kevin Spacey was interviewed by an openly gay reporter from The Daily Beast to promote his new movie, Casino Jack, and I bet that he was a bit surprised by some of the questions he was asked! The interviewer asked Spacey;

“We gay men have always proudly claimed you as a member of our tribe, and yet you don’t proudly claim us back,” “Why?”

Um, wow, ok. I’m sure Spacey was a bit taken aback by the question, and he responded with;

“Look, I might have lived in England for the last several years, but I’m still an American citizen and I have not given up my right to privacy,”

“People have different reasons for the way they live their lives. You cannot put everyone’s reasons in the same box. It’s just a line I’ve never crossed and never will.”

Well you have to respect that, although I’m still not sure if he’s confirmed that he’s gay or not! He went on to say that;

“I don’t live a lie,” “You have to understand that people who choose not to discuss their personal lives are not living a lie. That is a presumption that people jump to.

“Look, at the end of the day, people have to respect people’s differences. I am different than some people would like me to be. I just don’t buy into that the personal can be political. I just think that’s horses–t. No one’s personal life is in the public interest. It’s gossip, bottom line. End of story.

Hmmm, I still wonder though if he is gay why not just admit it? Do you think that if you refuse to acknowledge your sexuality publicly that you are living a lie, or do you think that it really is none of our business and no one should care who he chooses to sleep with?

Photos by WENN

Comments

1. sandie says

He is like Queen Latifah until he gets caught with his male lover one random day and we just get the confirmation, whatever, it’s like Ricky Martin, we always knew he was and he is.

2. pittbullgirl@hotmail.com says

I have to agree with Kevin Spacey on this one. The idea that if someone doesn’t announce their sexuality to the world then they are hiding something is ridiculous. No one asks heterosexual celebrities to ‘admit’ they are straight in every interview. Why is it anyone’s business wither way?

• Ivy says

they don’t ask because there is nothing to ask about being straight, that’s normal, what is intended.

• Daniel Fallon says

Blessed be the day when ones hetero/homo sexuality is of no interest and no concern. To ask a person if they are gay, in itself is very demeaning; simply because the question implies the individual is something other than “normal” or “acceptable”. I suppose one could argue that the question is only asked out of “curiosity” , but there you go again, people are not curiosities, like some circus sideshow. Stop and think what you are ” saying” under the guise of “asking” a question.Are you gay? Is tantamount to Are you abnormal.

3. kimpossible says

I’ve heard him say in the past that when he acts, he wants the audience to buy into the character and not instead see his celebrity persona. To my knowledge, he is a private man on all matters, not just his sexuality, and I think his reasoning makes sense.

4. Tired says

It is no ones business if he is gay or straight, this whole business of everyone having to know every ones sexuality is bull crap! It is personal unless that person offers it up and the question should not even be asked. People like Perez Hilton outing people who don’t want to be outed is disgusting! Also people like this reporter trying to make him feel guilty and ashamed is horrible! Why should he or anyone else be asked these intrusive, personal questions? He should be asked questions relating to his movies and his acting career OR what charities he endorses.

What’s next asking everyone their sexual preference on job interviews? People need to learn that it is NOT ok to ask and then judge people on their own sexual preference.

IT IS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!!!

5. Acocoqt says

it’s none of our business. I wish, some other people would have discretion about their personal lives. His sexuality has nothing to do with his ability to act. Why do we need to know; I know I’m not planning to have sex with him..lol! so why would I need to know. We are a nosey, gossiping nation. We truly seem to have our priorities confused. All the issues in america and we spend so much time, trying to see whose gay and whose not. The biggest, most publically subject in America is about gay rights. We need to focus!!!

6. Ninni says

Yeah i don’t give a rats as*if he’s straight or gay. He’s a brilliant actor, s’all i need to know. If he was an attention seeking desperate jerk on other accounts i’d find it weird for him not to be comfortable telling his sexual orientation, but since he’s very private in all aspects, it just makes sense, he’s not a tabloid celeb.

7. Maggie says

who cares if he’s gay or not…I agree, he is a brilliant actor but he’s also a private man and everyone should respect his privacy. It drives me nuts when I hear celebrities (ahem…angelina jolie) talking about their sex life…like STFU, it’s so inappropriate and unnecessary.

8. Jude says

I thought his answer was brilliant! I wish I was that quick on my feet. He intelligently answered a question without actually answering the question. Good for him! It’s really nobody’s business anyway.

9. blah says

I think actors who keep their personal lives private are more respected and successful. Simply because, when I watch a movie with Kevin Spacey or Meryl Streep or Natalie Portman, I am losing myself with their character… I’m not preoccupied with the thought of their latest tabloid scandal.

10. Homa says

i agree on the fact that it’s none of our business,but in my opinion,i don’t think he’s gay.Whatever,He’s really something in acting and i love him!<3Kevin<3