Kim Kardashian Speaks Out On Teenage Pregnancy

After reading a story about a Tennessee high school where 90 students were either pregnant or had given birth in the past year, Kim Kardashian felt the need to share her thoughts on her blog.

It seems that shows like Teen Mom are all of a sudden making teen pregnancy seem cool in the eyes of young girls. The kids from these shows are all over the news, even on the covers of magazines, and have been become almost like celebrities, but girls, these are not people you should idolize! When I think back to when I was 16, there is no way I would even have considered having a baby. That thought wouldn’t even have entered my head. Having a baby is one one of the biggest, and most life-changing decisions a person can make and while I’m not saying that no teen is in the position to raise a child, having a baby so young shouldn’t be seen as the trendy thing to do.

Kim advised her readers to “think very carefully” and “talk to your family, friends, teachers, and most of all, be careful.”

Photos by Fame

Comments

1. Xoirishgirl215ox says

The show isnt there to promote teen pregnancy it was made to show teens how hard it is to be a teen mom, it’s not their fault that the tabloids make them into celebrities. If a teenager watches that show n wants to get pregnant then they r not mature enough to watch the show since they cant seem to under stand the message.

2. Vedder says

Tabloids like THIS make them into celebrities–Nothing like a skank famous for a sex tape giving pregnancy and sex advice–WTF

3. kat says

baing famous isnt always for the good ,you can be famous and in a bad light…like these teen moms are…I dont think they are glamorous or shown in a a good way.

4. DarkEmpress says

Ive watched the show and I am not a teen and I do not think for one second the show makes it seem like it is a good idea to be a teen mom. You see girls whose relationships fall apart, who have conflict with their families, who have financial difficulty and who lose a lot of their social life. Most of the teen moms struggle to look after their child and live the life of a teenager. Keep needs to look at herself and see how she makes it seem like the way to live life is to chase after men and fame.

• DarkEmpress says

I meant: KIM needs to look at herself and see how she makes it seem like the way to live life is to chase after men and fame.

5. Sherriann says

Does she think we forgot how she got famous?!? She wasn’t a teen when she made that sex tape. Give me a break Kim!!

6. Maggie says

I’m sorry but these Teen Moms are making a lot of money (somewhere around $250,000 a year – I think) and they’re making them famous. When I was growing up we did not have these stupid reality shows and the rate of teenage pregnant wasn’t near as bad – as the matter of fact – they were looked down upon – now it seem that it’s cool and they’re getting a lot of attention for it. They need to ban that show because it’s not helping at all.

7. Kristin says

Actually teen pregnancy has dropped since shows like Teen Mom began. They don’t glorify being pregnant or having children at a young age. In all the shows on Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant how many of the couples are still together? Few. They don’t put a silver lining around this issue. They’re bring light to an issue that needs to be discussed more. The fact of the matter is that teens wouldn’t go out and get pregnant if their parents talked to them more about sex, if they allowed them to get on birth control (1 girl flat out said that if she would have known about her BC choices before getting pregnant, she would have been on it and wouldn’t have gotten pregnant at all), and if people weren’t pushing abstinence down their throats.

8. Lovem says

I bet Kim has never watched Teen Mom. The pregnancy rates have dropped since it started airing. I do think it’s terrible the way these teen moms from the show are chased after like celebrities in their home towns. It’s terrible.