Breaking News: Kim Kardashian To File For Divorce Today (Updated)

OMG! OMG! OMG! Multiple outlets are reporting that Kim Kardashian will file for divorce from new husband Kris Humphries today after just 72 days of marriage. The most ominous report is from Ryan Seacrest on twitter (he executive produces all of the Kardashian reality TV shows on E!):

Yes @kimkardashian is filing for divorce this morning. I touched base with her, getting a statement in just a few mins

A source close to Kim said:

“She wanted the fairy tale and she got caught up in it all. She felt like the pressure of the TV show just isn’t what they could have handled.”

TMZ says that rather than seeking an annulment, Kim just plans to file for divorce, citing “irreconcilable differences.” Stay tuned…

Update: Kim has filed the divorce papers. TMZ has them here.

Photos by WENN.com

Comments

1. Kristy says

I understand that people are free to live their own lives and make their own choices, but I can’t help feeling disgusted by this. It’s just an appalling waste of time, money, and energy.
    It also bothers me that I have friends who are deeply committed to each other but are not allowed to marry because they are lesbians…but people can have sham weddings like this, and can marry and divorce like their returning a purchase they decided they don’t like anymore. So much for the “sancity of marriage.”

• melody says

ABSOLUTELY!!!! you could just FEEL this whole charade was for one thing-money money money. that whole family is all about the dollar amount, they are the personification of GREED. and stupid people who actually watch their shows and buy their products are pitiable. I was suprised the wedding even went ahead but not at all shocked by the divorce. I knew this wouldnt last. I mean in the few trailers for the wedding special you could see he didnt even know hald the people at his own wedding! this is ust greed at its most disgusting. Watch her get paid for the ‘divorce exclusive’ where she’ll sob her ‘heart’ out about it and blah blah blah. all done for cash.
      I laughed at her wedding plans-classless, tasteless and vile. like she could BUY a marriage, buy the happy ever after. well guess what, sweetie, you cant. its called work. real work, somethig the K family knows nothign of.

2. melinda says

Not shocking or surprising. I am surprised it lasted this long. Everyone knows that it’s all for the ratings. KUWTK was losing ratings…they had to put out something to keep it on E!

3. wolf says

OMG!! Real Fking Shocker here!!! Famewhores–the Dude probably told her and her fake made up botoxed Munster family to go fk themselves!

4. Keilee says

She probably filed first to beat him to it!! He couldnt have looked more like he didnt belong somewhere if he’d tried. heh, he obviously didnt drink the Kardashian Kool-aid. he’ll probably be relieved. I find them disgusting. alll of this done for money. greed and a ‘me me me’ mentality.and people actually buy this crap, watch their shows. please oh please may this be the beginning of the end of the Kardashian years. I’d be so happy!!!!!!!

5. Angela says

Not surprised by this at all…the body language between the two was not good. He seemed like a douche on the show.

• col says

He seemed like a douche? Why? Because he didn’t bow to the K-Clan? Because he wasn’t uptight and could joke around? You see how that family gets down, they all but molest eachother and think it’s hilarious… but Kris Humphries looked like the douche? gimme a break… I think it’s a good thing that Kris didn’t end up a sheep like Scott and Bruce… Lamar seems like he still has a hold of his own testicals…

• col says

Why? Khloe may be a Kardashian but she seems to keep some distance and doesn’t let the family interfere too much in her marriage. If Lamar doesn’t let Khloe take hold of his nutsack, I think they will be just fine!

• Lindsay says

I think that the klan doesn’t interfere with Khloe’s marriage because Lamar is rich and famous without her and clearly has real talent. I think that after watching their wedding crap on TV, the way they just got married in 9 days, etc, it just seemed to be another ratings booster. HOWever, I do think they love each other and that the marriage will last (like a yr or 2 longer) because of that. Publicity stunt that worked out for the better!

• Keilee says

I agree- its always been obvious that Kris hasnt drunk the Kardashian Kool-Aid. poor guy didnt even know most of the people at his own wedding! that said, she probably didnt. ugh disgusting

6. YAYI says

Kim Kardashian had a taste of fame a while back when hanging out with Paris Hilton and since has been addicted to being talked about and looked at. She might play nice and innocent while talking in her baby voice and complementing everyone out there just because she understand that playing the nice card is the way to go. I’m so super certain that she’s enjoying all of this even as we speak. I mean this means more magazine cover /w the eneditable coverex clusive “Kim breaks her silence” which of course they would only do for cash bcs in reality we all now that she never EVER shuts up about her every move or personal life?! Pathetic how we allowe this idiots to get wealthy doing things like this.

Amazing issues here. I’m very glad to look your post. Thanks so much and I am taking a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a mail?