Kendall Jenner Changes Her Mind On Tattoo For Her 16th Birthday

Kendall Jenner is sharing her 16th birthday in a new reality special for E!.  Among the highlights of the festivities leading up to her big day, the daughter of Kris and Bruce Jenner had planned to get a tattoo and had her parents’ permission, but backed out at the last minute.

The tattoo artist she went to visit shared:

“She loved the design.  But she was saying, ‘I don’t feel 100 percent. Can I wait?’ She made the right call.”

Kendall’s tattoo was to be on the back of her neck, with the words “you are beautiful”, in French.

Big sister Kim Kardashian is apparently thrilled with Kendall’s decision to wait:

“I’m not a fan of tattoos.  Especially at a young age when you change your mind so much.”

If you have tattoos, how old were you when you got your first one?

Photos by C.Smith/Wenn.com  and FayesVision/Wenn.com

Comments

1. celebritygone says

My personal rule for myself was that I needed to be at least 21…(so that I wouldn’t be changing my mind so much) I didn’t end up getting my first tattoo until I was 24.

2. Kerry says

I’ve been tryin to get a tattoo since I was 18… I’m 30 and STILL not a 100%… probably wont happen :-/ Lol!!

3. mouse says

I was 27 and didn’t want it. Got pressured by my childhood friends as a gesture of solidarity. Its super tiny and on my hip. Easily hidden. I good do without it but it does remind me of my friends and makes me smile

4. Vanessa says

Nothing cheapens your look faster than a body covered in tattoos. I don’t know what young girls are thinking these days (I’m 22 so I’m not old here myself), but all these trendy roman numerals, guns, scroll writing and cliched sayings on the ribcage may look cute for a second, but 100% guaranteed, in 5 years they’ll all regret them (Megan Fox, Kelly Osbourne anyone?)

5. dholmas says

I have thought about it for years. Still do not have one. I have a step-daughter who has to try and cover hers for work. Meaning long sleeves and collars in summer. A small on in an inconspicuous place is fine but all over to me is just plain stupid and unattractive.

6. Jo says

I was 18. Thought of the design the day before I got it. Had it done on my wrist. Not a very smart move going into the criminal justice field…. therefore I do regret getting it on my wrist. Wish I would have thought about it more.