Bob & Michelle Duggar Set Memorial Service After Miscarriage

This is so sad: Michelle Duggar miscarried naturally. She and husband Bob have named their child Jubilee Shalom and have scheduled a memorial service for Wednesday, December 14. The miscarriage occurred late Sunday night; Michelle reportedly is now at home resting. Bob released the following statement:

“We have had many tears today. This is life, and I understand that we are going though something that many others have. You think about the what-ifs, but God gives us strength to go on. We won’t be able to see this child’s life and the phases that we’ve seen for our other children, but we know we will see this child in heaven one day. We are thankful for each child, and we are blessed to have the children we have here and the ones we will meet someday in heaven.”

The Duggar family held a service last night, and the Wednesday service will be for family and friends. Bob wrote a letter that he shared with People:

“We would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love. As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. Our prayer is that Jubilee’s passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face.”

Bob also said they enjoyed celebrating daughter Josie’s second birthday on December 10.

“We were looking forward to this birthday because it is a milestone for her. It is wonderful that she is with us and doing so well.”

My thoughts and condolences go out to the Duggar family.

Comments

1. barbiekat says

What does this woman expect, Im sure she miscarried because her body can not handle all those pregnancies one after another. That is crazy. she’s lucky she doesnt die.

• says

She was between 19-22 weeks (if you do the math from her due date month, this is how far along she was). At the 21 week mark, if born, babies can be incubated and live normal, healthy lives once they’ve developed the rest of their little bodies. Unfortunately, Jubilee couldn’t handle the physical stress of the world (even still in Michelle’s womb) and didn’t make it. To me, this was definitely more of a stillbirth than a miscarriage, which makes it all the more heartbreaking. My heart goes out to the Duggars in this sad time.

2. buck says

What sort of woman in the 1ST world would go through that ? I can see 3RD world where the kids will not live till 3 or less.This selfish family with their “J” names proves that money and records are the driving force. Their Goddess of being pregnant for half of her life said “WTF”.

3. alguien says

to repeat what someone said about this on another website:

it’s your vagina lady, not a clown car.

4. kinda says

I am saddened for the baby that was lost but I think Jim Bob shoud keep it in his pants and Micheele should retire her uterus, it’s done its time.

5. MinDee says

Jubilee Shalom sounds like the stage name of a wheezing senior citizen stripper from Reno who’s still sucking down Pall Mall’s and whiskey sours at the ripe old age of 86, not that it isn’t already DISGUSTING to name a fetus and throw a party for it. The Duggars are profoundly irresponsible.

• Felicity says

I think YOUR disgusting for thinking their throwing a “party” for their unborn child. They obviously have taken it hard losing a child and are going through the grieving stages of losing said child!! Plus their is no issue with having a name for the “fetus” they could’ve had the name picked out in the first month. I don’t care if they have 20 kids if those kids are loved, healthy, and well taken care of, then have 30 more!!

6. Shannon says

I think this woman is insane for continuing to have so many children, but, having lost two pregnancies myself, my heart goes out to her and her family. I’m sorry for their loss and I hope they see this as a sign that maybe it’s time to stop reproducing. They won’t though, each new baby gets them more attention.

7. Cee-Cee says

Michelle Duggar has said that she stopped using birth control when she miscarried early in her marriage, that is was a sign from God to not use birth control ….. Does this miscarriage mean that she will no longer continue to have children? I am sorry for their families loss, it must be tragic and heartbreaking for them, BUT I do question their need to continue to have so any children in the first place ….. Perhaps it is time to focus on the children that are here now and consider any future children as no longer an option.

Hi my loved one! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all vital infos. I would like to peer more posts like this .

There are so many heartless comments here, so much hate for a family that obviously loves each other and the Lord. They choose to be fruitful and multiply and give God ultimate control over how many children they have- some thing that used to be fairly routine in times past. You persecute them for His namesake, just as the Bible says. How cruel can you be to criticize these people during their time of loss? It is their choice to forgo birth control. It is their choice whether they mourn publicly or privately, and I think they’ve shown great courage and strength and great faith sharing and dealing with their loss. It is shameful to speak such hurtful things when these people are experiencing the loss of a child- the greatest tragedy that a person can endure. Grow up and show some respect.

10. Sp says

My great grandma had 13 children. This was common in her time. It wasn’t called having a clown car for a vagina. It was called everyday life. She probably would’ve had more if menopause had not set in. That’s what women did in those days. They had no choice but to let God choose how many kids they had. Just because there is birth control doesn’t mean everyone has to use it. I haven’t used birth control in all nine years of my marriage. I’ve had one healthy child and one miscarriage in that time. I believe the natural route is better. I’ll let God and my body determine how many kids I have and when that time is over, I’ll have menopause.