Scarlett Johansson Surprised At People’s Rudeness

‘The Avengers’ starScarlett Johansson admitted in an interview that sometimes people’s rudeness really surprises her.

“I’m constantly surprised by how rude people are. You’ll be having an intimate dinner with a friend and there’s somebody on the table behind with a cameraphone pointing at your face. I think, ‘I would never take a photo of someone without asking.’

“I’m not traumatized by it but I find it can bring out the worst in humanity sometimes.”

This is pretty rude. I can understand the temptation, but it is very rude, especially in a place like a restaurant. Maybe because of the paparazzi, it might feel less invasive if you’re all outdoors. ’Fess up: if you have ever encountered a celebrity in public, have you tried to snap their picture without asking?

Photos by Flynet UK/FameFlynet

Comments

1. Maya says

It comes with the territory; Scarlett knows that, and her holier than thou attitude about it is ridiculous. I was at Gallagher’s in NYC a couple of weeks ago when Aretha Franklin walked in. I didn’t take her picture, because, while it is fun to see celebs out in public, I don’t really care if I have their picture or not. Other people took photos, although no one was in Aretha’s face about it.

Sorry ScarJo. You do not have my sympathy.

I think it’s rude, no doubt about it. It isn’t that I feel sorry for celebrities because they get paid tons of money compared to the rest of us, but there are lines you shouldn’t cross. They’re still human, citizens of the same United States, entitled to the same rights. It sure wouldn’t be okay with me if some stranger was snapping my picture.

3. Melissa says

It’s incredibily rude and celebrity does not excuse OUR bad manners. Celebrities do not work 24/7 any more than the rest of us.

4. Asha says

Well, it’s not the most polite thing to do, for sure, but “it can bring out the worst in humanity sometimes”? Really?

I’ve had a person take a picture of me without asking one or twice. And yeah, I didn’t like it, but saying it can bring out thw worst in humanity is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. Shit down, Sacarlett Johansson. A couple of fans taking a picture of you in a restaurant is not such a global disaster.

I totally did two weeks ago at a hotel in Tucson – I sat down to dinner and John Travolta was sitting about two metres – totally unclassy, but I told the waitress that I left something in my room and RAN like a total loser to get my iphone.

Then pretended to take a picture of my food, and secretly took a pic of him and tweeted it. I’m not proud of myself but I would have kicked myself if I didn’t do it. At least I didn’t have my flash on (like my friend).

You can see it here: https://twitter.com/#!/DeniseDT/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Finstagr.am%2Fp%2FJbSFcVIUag%2F

6. Amy says

I don’t care how famous the person is, shoving your camera in someone’s face while eating without introducing yourself and asking for permission is indeed rude. Period. It’s amazing to me how few manners people have anymore.

7. laura says

I think ScarJo is looking for reasons to be sensitive. We saw her and a friend once come in and be seated at Boathouse. We barely even glanced over at her table to verify like ‘wow, yup that’s her’ – i’m talking like 2 or 3 quick glances by people who were too hungover and jaded to give a flip – and then went back to our conversation and meal without another thought. The others around us were no more noticeably invasive. But within 5-10 minutes she got up and left with her dog through the park while her friend paid the bill. The drinks had barely even been served….It was one of the first sunny days of the summer in NY, Sunday afternoon brunch, on a patio, and she didn’t even have on shades – what did she expect??