Celebrities may have money and fame, which has a lot of advantages, but one big disadvantage they face is being burglarized. SimpliSafe Home Security provides a list of the Top 10 Celebrity Burglaries.
- LL Cool J: Surely you heard about this one. Someone broke into LL Cool J’s house, LL Cool J heard the burglar and confronted him, leading to a physical altercation. Luckily, LL prevailed and the burglar was taken into custody!
- Steve Jobs: A burglar broke into the home of the late Steve Jobs and stole his wallet (which only had $1 in it and his driver’s license), $60,000 worth of Tiffany jewelry and Cristal Champagne, a soda-maker and kitchen blender, and even some iPhones, iPads, Macs, and iPods. It was using some of the Apple products that led to the burglar being caught.
- P. Diddy: This one is interesting. An intruder made himself at home in P. Diddy’s mansion, eating his food, lounging in the pool, and even trying on P. Diddy’s clothes before he was caught. CRAZY!
- Jon Bon Jovi: A burglar attempted to steal $100,000 worth of jewelry but was caught because he tripped a burglar alarm in the process. Police found him hiding in a bathroom with $500,000 worth of stolen good altogether.
- Nicolas Cage: This is the craziest one yet. Nicolas explained: ““It was two in the morning, I was living in Orange County at the time and was asleep with my wife. My two-year old at the time was in another room. I opened my eyes and there was a naked man wearing my leather jacket eating Fudgesicle in front of my bed.” OMG!
- 50 Cent: Two burglars climbed a fence to let themselves into the rapper’s mansion via an unlocked door. Police found one burglar drinking wine and the other in another part of the house.
- Kourtney Kardashian: The reality TV personality had tens of thousands of dollars of jewelry stolen, including a $30,000 Cartier watch, a Rolex, and various pricey diamond pieces.
- Willem Dafoe: Burglars used ropes and mountain-climbing gear to break into his Rome apartment. They stole $4200 worth of goods.
- Kristen Dunst: The actress was robbed while staying at the SoHo Grand Hotel. After she left for the day, thieves stole a $13,000 handbag, cell phone, $2,500 in cash, credit cards, two digital cameras, and ID cards from Dunst. Surveillance footage shows the burglars leaving the hotel.
- Paris Hilton, Megan Fox, Lindsay Lohan & Orlando Bloom: These celebs have the distinction of being victimized by the notorious “Bling Ring” (a.k.a. “The Burglar Bunch”). They allegedly stole about $3 million in cash and belongings, most of it from Paris, whose home was broken into multiple times.
So what happened? Most of these celebs later confessed that, although they had high-priced home security systems, they weren’t sure if they had the systems set properly or had even locked up their homes. The biggest lesson learned here is, even if you have a top-of-the-line security system, it’s worthless if it isn’t used!
FYI: the pics used are pictures of Emma Watson filming the upcoming movie, ‘The Bling Ring,’ which is based on the stories of the burglary ring mentioned here.
Photos by FAMEFLYNET